• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

I think fan wise, the best thing to do for these is sign up for a month, binge on what you want, then cancel and re-up when there's a decent backlog to get through.

The SMASH one is a pretty good deal if you're buying their events every month, saves you a bit of money and gets you access to their (admittedly small) back catalogue.

Incidentally, did you see Smallman having a rant on twitter about that new promotion stepping on PROGRESS toes? I checked out their site, they're using a good amount of the same talent as PROGRESS, seem to be trying to create the same sort of atmosphere as PROGRESS and are running their debut show at the Islington Academy, which seemed a bit ambitious, not to mention right on the PROGRESS doorstep. They're also crowing a 'world' champion, which I find rather ridiculous for a new promotion.

Alucard

Banned
For those who don't know, this is what ROH's VOD section looks like. $60 a year for Ringside Membership to have access to it.

NYyPJvR.jpg

Does the WWE Network have something similar? I actually totally love this setup with the drop-down menus on the left side. I just wish they had more shows some years.

RP912

Banned
They enforce those in other towns? They have them in place here, but they let it slide.

yep mainly some Southern cities like Charleston. It pissed me the hell off because they would find someway of making it seem like I'm burning data half of the time I'm browsing the web.

RP912

Banned
For those who don't know, this is what ROH's VOD section looks like. $60 a year for Ringside Membership to have access to it.

Does the WWE Network have something similar? I actually totally love this setup with the drop-down menus on the left side. I just wish they had more shows some years.

that looks sleek as hell. I just wish it hard more shows on demand...mainly the golden years.

The WWE network is like the xmb of the ps3 where you pick a icon and going downwards.

naw I love that little console.

It was just crummy market prediction. it came out in 98' as an amazing home arcade machine and arcades died about three years later.

PS2's bet as a home dvd player that also played the vidya was more on the money sadly.

Sephzilla

Yeah, I get why Seph wants to see Sting V Undertaker now with that lack of taste.

You can't just throw around Real Talk incorrectly like that.

Yeah, there you have it.

Sephzilla, you have horrendous taste. To each their own, but yours is shit.

It was a mediocre system with a so so library of games (admittedly the few top tier games were good though) that only gets the love it gets now because it was cancelled ahead of its time and worshiped by people who still pretend Sonic could be a good franchise. It's the Firefly of game consoles.

For those who don't know, this is what ROH's VOD section looks like. a year for Ringside Membership to have access to it.

NYyPJvR.jpg

That's really nice and well laid out. I wish ICW's was this rather than a random assortment of shows. Their search seems to work pretty well though.
Incidentally, did you see Smallman having a rant on twitter about that new promotion stepping on PROGRESS toes? I checked out their site, they're using a good amount of the same talent as PROGRESS, seem to be trying to create the same sort of atmosphere as PROGRESS and are running their debut show at the Islington Academy, which seemed a bit ambitious, not to mention right on the PROGRESS doorstep. They're also crowing a 'world' champion, which I find rather ridiculous for a new promotion.
I did, I haven't seen their website yet, but I vaguely remember the poster. What were they called again? I'll let them off the World Champion thing, only cause so many indies fall into that trap.

It feels a bit shitty, there does seem to be a lot of new promotions going now, I saw another one going up in Leeds (where were all of you when I lived there and had to travel to Donny?). At the same time, is a ton of promotions and shows better than the drought we had before?

While the territories idea is sort of alive in Britain, it's not like PROGRESS are the only game in London now, there's Rev Pro putting on a different style, and FPW seem to be a more family friendly version of PROGRESS. It really comes down to if they're offering something different, which they don't seem to be.

Alucard

Banned
that looks sleek as hell. I just wish it hard more shows on demand...mainly the golden years.

The WWE network is like the xmb of the ps3 where you pick a icon and going downwards.

They have a decent chunk for some years. What do you consider the Golden Years?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was a mediocre system with a so so library of games (admittedly the few top tier games were good though) that only gets the love it gets now because it was cancelled ahead of its time and worshiped by people who still pretend Sonic could be a good franchise. It's the Firefly of game consoles.

OHaTIPZ.jpg

bjork

Robocop was like Terminator, except for bitches.

Sephzilla

How can you people like a console that can't even do a fucking controller right?

bleemdc02.jpg

Annoying to hold, stupid fucking VMU, they couldn't even put the cord in the right spot.

Fucking ignorance up in here. The reason the Dreamcast is so beloved was because it was simultaneously the last console to provide the home arcade experience that summed up SEGA's ethos and the first console to provide gamers with massive online experiences in their living rooms. Also, for such a small library of games, the Dreamcast is packed with quality titles. And it's not even my favourite SEGA console.

I did, I haven't seen their website yet, but I vaguely remember the poster. What were they called again? I'll let them off the World Champion thing, only cause so many indies fall into that trap.

It feels a bit shitty, there does seem to be a lot of new promotions going now, I saw another one going up in Leeds (where were all of you when I lived there and had to travel to Donny?). At the same time, is a ton of promotions and shows better than the drought we had before?

While the territories idea is sort of alive in Britain, it's not like PROGRESS are the only game in London now, there's Rev Pro putting on a different style, and FPW seem to be a more family friendly version of PROGRESS. It really comes down to if they're offering something different, which they don't seem to be.

Fight Nation, or something like that. I guess it's good that there's more promotions, especially from the worker's perspectives, but I agree that they need to offer something different, whereas they seem to be going for "low-rent PROGRESS, with a few guys you've never heard of and guys who can't get booked in PROGRESS". Previously it was pretty much just RevPro's supershows, PROGRESS and Lucha Britania in central London, all of which are very different from each other, but now there's this new lot running the same area with the same guys and trying to ape the PROGRESS style.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking ignorance up in here. The reason the Dreamcast is so beloved was because it was simultaneously the last console to provide the home arcade experience that summed up SEGA's ethos and the first console to provide gamers with massive online experiences in their living rooms. Also, for such a small library of games, the Dreamcast is packed with quality titles. And it's not even my favourite SEGA console.

The bluest of blue skies. It really didn't get any better than Dreamcast for me. It was 100% SEGA's vision. Beautiful thing. And blue blue skies. The only thing missing was Afterburner...that Afterburner HD was a beautiful thing though.

Sunny you have no "I have better taste" ground to stand on. You like The fucking Ascension.

tVF9hED.gif

OHaTIPZ.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad there's people who will agree with me on something. I don't think firefly is a bad show but it sure as fuck doesn't warrant the cult like following it gets

Lemme put it like this. When you're having a hard time finding people to agree with an opinion of yours, it's probably a shitty opinion.

Fight Nation, or something like that. I guess it's good that there's more promotions, especially from the worker's perspectives, but I agree that they need to offer something different, whereas they seem to be going for "low-rent PROGRESS, with a few guys you've never heard of and guys who can't get booked in PROGRESS". Previously it was pretty much just RevPro's supershows, PROGRESS and Lucha Britania in central London, all of which are very different from each other, but now there's this new lot running the same area with the same guys and trying to ape the PROGRESS style.
Aye, it does seem very PROGRESSsy so far. Islington is chancing it a bit as well.

We'll see how their first show goes, but it's telling that the original main event was Havoc vs Ospreay. (Then again, everyone is falling over themselves to book that match at the moment...)

EDIT: Also fuck off, Firefly is great.

Hasney

Reminds me though. I've got a spare room from July so I'm going to hunt down an CRT and put one of my Dreamcasts down there with the lightguns. Will be bliss.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminds me though. I've got a spare room from July so I'm going to hunt down an CRT and put one of my Dreamcasts down there with the lightguns. Will be bliss.

Enjoy a little Confidential Mission! Great game. Same with HotD2.

miserable

God i love the Dreamcast.So many great games.It was arcade heaven.
First console to offer 50/60Hz option (in PAL land where i live this was absolutely awesome after years of being subjected to 50hz and black borders).
First console to offer official VGA output.
So many 60fps games.

StevieWhite

Dreamcast DID have Fire Pro D, and it wasn't a bad system... but people do tend to hype it up a lot. I think a lot of folks never paid a dime for their DC games, so they only have happy memories of it.

Hasney

Enjoy a little Confidential Mission! Great game. Same with HotD2.

Oh yeah, I've got the Virtua Cop 2 port too.

Weird fact: The lightguns are official, but there was no official gun in the US. Sega didn't want their name on a gun in the US after Columbine, so MadCatz did one. It means the lightguns are region locked though so I can't play US games and the US can't play PAL or JAP gun games, even when using a boot disc.

Dreamcast DID have Fire Pro D, and it wasn't a bad system... but people do tend to hype it up a lot. I think a lot of folks never paid a dime for their DC games, so they only have happy memories of it.

I have 4 consoles and more games than you can shake a stick at. Hell, I even have 2 fishing rods, so it's more than fond memories for me.

bjork

I used to have two Dreamcasts, one that I broke and one that worked until I sold off a bunch of my stuff. I kinda miss having a DC, real-ass PSO where you can do an unarmed combo and pass through locked doors. I had Samba de Amigo with the maracas and I forget what else, like 30ish games? Good times.

Alucard

Banned
the CM Punk, Danielson, Joe era.

I'm talking about when they did cross promotions with CZW and were legit about their style of wrestling.

I'm working my way through their VOD library now. On the last show of 2002 and then moving on to 2003. It's fun and sometimes embarrassing going back to this stuff. The homophobia is just at a very high level at times with a couple of the acts on the show.

...but then you have incredible matches featuring Danielson, Daniels, Ki, and Styles.

Alucard

Banned
I bought and still own more DC games than I have of games for any other system. Dat customer friendly price point for games as the system was dying. Fighting games galore, and I'm not even a huge fighting game guy.

Top Bottom