• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

RP912

Banned
The Vigilante nickname would have been perfect if Sting brought up WWE's revisionist history of WCW

exactly....

but lmao god forbid WWE would have Sting fight for the legacy of a promotion that made a impact on the wrestling world and gave Vince Mcmahon pure competition.

I think the reddit insider is saying everything his adoring wreddit public wants to hear. So, for that reason alone (and the fact that he's a massive attention whore), I'm calling bullshit.

Toki767

So, the reddit "insider" is saying it looks like Lesnar is going to re-sign with WWE; and Hunter is trying to convince Vince that they should keep the belt on Lesnar past WM 31 and onward. Also; if they go that route, they want to go Cena with the US belt and Bryan with the IC belt in order to make them more prominent / mean more.

Thoughts?

This is the WWE we're talking about. There's no chance in hell that happens. One might. Two is unlikely. All 3 is a pipedream.

jred2k

If I didn't value my free time I'd go back through MetsFan's posts and see how many of them actually amounted to anything. He seems to "predict" things so far in advance that by the time they happen everyone has forgotten about it and he doesn't end up getting called on his shit.

Adding on to Cybit's post, if it does come down to Lesnar holding the title for longer, I can't help but feeling that WWE want Lesnar to break the record of a certain individual. Hence why they want Brock to keep it. (Yes, I still think that they are petty after the Punk incident)

Recall

IC belt means you lose every match for 6 months. Once WWE fix their booking then your product won't need fan made up reach arounds.

jmdajr

This was fun

61625SJ0AXL.jpg

Toki767

Adding on to Cybit's post, if it does come down to Lesnar holding the title for longer, I can't help but feeling that WWE want Lesnar to break the record of a certain individual. Hence why they want Brock to keep it. (Yes, I still think that they are petty after the Punk incident)

But why do that when they can let Reigns beat the record?

If I didn't value my free time I'd go back through MetsFan's posts and see how many of them actually amounted to anything. He seems to "predict" things so far in advance that by the time they happen everyone has forgotten about it and he doesn't end up getting called on his shit.
Wasn't there another guy who correctly predicted a lot of match results? That guy seemed more legit, metsfan is about as accurate as insiders on gaming side.

I was just thinking of a booking idea.

What if Brock retained through to Wrestlemania 32, with no challengers to his title seeming to be able to beat him. Then the Undertaker comes out during a promo where Heyman and Brock are gloating towards Wrestlemania that he doesn't have an opponent. The Undertaker could win, kind of redeeming his streak somewhat and maybe do a fancy pyro trick where he just disappears and leaves the belt in the ring after that, vacating the title.

You could do it like the Undertaker came back to beat the beast and free the title, and then he could retire for real. The only issue is if Undertaker is up to a match with Brock a year from now.

Could be a good way to go. Fun to think about. It would be a suitably epic ending for both stories.

Sephzilla

I was just thinking of a booking idea.

What if Brock retained through to Wrestlemania 32, with no challengers to his title seeming to be able to beat him. Then the Undertaker comes out during a promo where Heyman and Brock are gloating towards Wrestlemania that he doesn't have an opponent. The Undertaker could win, kind of redeeming his streak somewhat and maybe do a fancy pyro trick where he just disappears and leaves the belt in the ring after that, vacating the title.

You could do it like the Undertaker came back to beat the beast and free the title, and then he could retire for real. The only issue is if Undertaker is up to a match with Brock a year from now.

Could be a good way to go. Fun to think about. It would be a suitably epic ending for both stories.

b-b-b-b-but wrestling code says you have to lose your last match

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
See: Bruno, Backlund, Hogan, Cena

They can force it if they absolutely want to.

Plus I don't see Reigns staying face between now and WrestleMania Star

Comparing a modern book to when people thought wrestling was real?

And do you really think Roman Reigns is ready for the schedule John Cena works?

B J DUB B J DUB
tumblr_nicxa2lSAi1u4mi9ro1_400.gif

RP912

Banned
fuck it

Top 5 Dreamcast Games:

1. Sonic Adventure 2
2. Jet Grind Radio (yes I know it's SET)
3. Shenmue
4. NFL 2k
5. NBA 2k

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
It's the best possible idea and will bring some excitement and uncertainty coming out of Wrestlemania. Cena and Bryan with the US and IC titles through to Summerslam would be a good thing I think, and Brock can show up every now and then to slowly build whatever his next feud or next match with Reigns will be.

If the main event at Wrestlemania is an obviously bad match, they should ditch the Reigns stuff for now but I dunno who else they could have feud with Brock. Seth would provide a great match but character wise I dunno how much sense it makes.

The only thing I'd suggest is Brock needs to show up at a raw and actually beat up a lot of the roster one night just to show overall dominance rather than the 2 guys he has actually beat for his superpowered final boss status. Well, 3 if you count Undertaker which is a big one. I think Brock should probably beat CM Punk's record if possible since this title run should have some defining qualities to it beyond a record low number of defenses.

You could reasonably do the following matchups and have justifications

Lesnar vs Orton (Orton never got 1 on 1 rematch from WM 30)
Lesnar vs Bryan (Bryan never got 1 on 1 rematch from being stripped)
Lesnar vs Rollins (MitB)
Lesnar vs HHH (HHH starts freaking out over losing his title)
Lesnar vs Batista (never got one on one match after RR)
Lesnar vs Rock (never got rematch after WM 29, could plant the seeds by having Brock WRECK Reigns and "injure" him, even adding a fun "Lesnar vs the Usos in a handicap match if need be)
Lesnar vs NXT Champion (Kevin Owens?) - If NXT really ends up becoming a separate brand, this is a possibility.

With the exception of HHH, those are all kind of new and fun matchups. Brock vs Taker in a "retirement vs title" match could be fun - especially if they do a several month long tournament for the title afterward.

Toki767

If someone was popular enough and there were enough credible challengers, a face could easily go over a year with the title. The problem is a bit of both.

And Reigns isn't ready for anything. Dude is a family man. There's no way he'll last as the next Cena.

jmdajr

Lesnar vs Rollins (MitB)
Lesnar vs Rock (never got rematch after WM 29, could plant the seeds by having Brock WRECK Reigns and "injure" him, even adding a fun "Lesnar vs the Usos in a handicap match if need be)
Lesnar vs NXT Champion (Kevin Owens?) - If NXT really ends up becoming a separate brand, this is a possibility.

With the exception of HHH, those are all kind of new and fun matchups. Brock vs Taker in a "retirement vs title" match could be fun - especially if they do a several month long tournament for the title afterward.

The more matches he goes undefeated, the more possibilities. Hopefully Vince keeps it going.

Lesnar vs Rollins (MitB)

Yeah sure all of those guys are championship contenders, although at this moment only Orton and Rollins are close to the main event, and you could go with any one of them. I guess I just meant nobody else is in the fray for the championship right now. A month ago Bryan was but they threw him to the IC title so he should stay there for a while and build back up if he ever does.

Putting Orton against Lesnar would probably make for a good match, but he's a face right now and I'd like to see him continue to get good reactions for as long as he can. Going up against Lesnar would possibly dampen a lot of that, since the fans like Lesnar when he shows up. Rollins would need to be built up a little first since he's been mega cowardly lately.

Sephzilla

Lesnar vs Rollins (MitB)

You've just sold me on wanting Brock to win at Mania. There are a lot of potential good Brock matches left to happen. Vs Orton could actually be pretty interesting. Bryan is obvious. Rollins proved he can go with Brock. Hell I'd even like to see Ziggler vs Brock.

Fintan

Would Rusev retaining the US title not be better for the belt? A US Champion beating someone like Cena at WM. Could keep it for a while longer after that.

Cagey

Banned

Leads to the obvious question: aside from John Cena, who is ready for that schedule or willing to take the schedule on?

WWE lucked into someone with that sort of maniacal work ethic and total lack of a life outside of their job. I don't think they can replicate a John Cena run again because there's too many factors unique to Cena they won't find elsewhere.

I don't know about World Series 2k1...that game was atrocious. You couldn't hit a ball if you prayed to the VMU..
You couldn't even move your outfielders in that game lol. I just loved the pitch movement and speeds, more accurate than most baseball games from that era.

Sephzilla

Leads to the obvious question: aside from John Cena, who is ready for that schedule or willing to take the schedule on?

WWE lucked into someone with that sort of maniacal work ethic and total lack of a life outside of their job. I don't think they can replicate a John Cena run again because there's too many factors unique to Cena they won't find elsewhere.

John Cena being a freak and a workaholic is probably why WWE hasn't adopted some kind of offseason policy for its talent. Vince just looks at Cena and goes "WELL HE CAN DO IT WHY CANT YOU MILLENIALS, DAMNIT" and goes with that.

MoosiferX

I don't post here very often... but the Dreamcast calls to me!

My top 5:

1. Power Stone 2
2. Chu Chu Rocket
3. Jet Grind Radio
4. Shenmue
5. Space Channel 5

Too many honorable mentions: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Giga Wing, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Sonic Adventure(s), Mr. Driller, Phantasy Star Online, Grandia II, Cannon Spike, Virtual-On, Last Blade 2, Project Justice, Samba De Amigo, Seaman, Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur, Typing of the Dead, Heavy Metal: Geomatrix, and perhaps the greatest stupidest game of all time: Dynamite Cop.

In other news, got some (too) sweet NJPW shirts from ProWrestlingTees in the mail today.

jmdajr

John Cena being a freak and a workaholic is probably why WWE hasn't adopted some kind of offseason policy for its talent. Vince just looks at Cena and goes "WELL HE CAN DO IT WHY CANT YOU MILLENIALS, DAMNIT" and goes with that.

"I DON'T SLEEP. I EVEN GO TO WORK SICK DAMN IT!"

It's both a blessing and a curse. Vince wouldn't be rich if he wasn't fucking crazy but god damn it be a nightmare having that boss.

Vince will never stop working, even if he was paralyzed or dying of some disease he'd have the head set on his death bed.

Dreamcast top 5:

1. Soul Calibur.
2. Phantasy Star Online.
3. Shenmue.
4. Berserk.
5. Shenmue 2.

Anyway, anyone selling a Pillars of Eternity key?

The game was out of my radar and damn, looks like the closest we are getting to a BG2 sequel.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Oddly enough, I think a really good situation would be for Rusev to beat Cena at WM 31, and Reigns to lose. Reigns then goes after the US title and Rusev at SSlam, while Cena goes after the IC title and faces Bryan.

I think WWE messed up by not signing Lesnar earlier - I think their backup plan was always to have Rusev / Reigns be the other option (why else have Rusev be the last person in the RR, and Rock interact with Rusev in Brooklyn?). If they knew Lesnar was sticking around at the RR; you could have gone Bryan or Rock vs Lesnar (depending how confident they were in Bryan's health), and Rusev vs Reigns for the US Title.

Top Bottom