• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

jmdajr

Obviously he's winning, but if he loses he just said "might" and not will. They could easily go with another "worst year of Cena's career" type storyline.

And Hogan has to convince him to come back and win at SummerFest!

where is Hogan damn it!

Cagey

Banned
"I DON'T SLEEP. I EVEN GO TO WORK SICK DAMN IT!"

It's both a blessing and a curse. Vince wouldn't be rich if he wasn't fucking crazy but god damn it be a nightmare having that boss.

Vince will never stop working, even if he was paralyzed or dying of some disease he'd have the head set on his death bed.

Which makes it that easier to understand why WWE has rode John Cena so long.

Vince looks around the figurative (sometimes literal) office at 9:30pm on a Wednesday because something just arose that he needs to get done, and the only person still in the office working is John Cena. On weekends, Cena's available. When others are taking vacation breaks, Cena's still there. For a man who lives to work and has no hobbies outside of work and shows up every day 100% dependable, he'd obviously value someone with those same qualities above all the rest.

now that I think about it, most of my favorite dreamcast games had even better sequels on the OG xbox 8), even my favorite fighter from there made it onto the xbox (CVS2)

so my favvvv titles that didn't continue on from there:

Rush 2049 (this could've been a nice PSN/XBLA re-release
Illbleed
tech romancer
house of the dead 2 (f the wii version)
Power Stone 2

trying to hunt down the spawn game currently.

Barrage

Adding on to Cybit's post, if it does come down to Lesnar holding the title for longer, I can't help but feeling that WWE want Lesnar to break the record of a certain individual. Hence why they want Brock to keep it. (Yes, I still think that they are petty after the Punk incident)

..What record? Backlund held the belt for five years, Hogan for four.

jmdajr

Which makes it that easier to understand why WWE has rode John Cena so long.

Vince looks around the figurative (sometimes literal) office at 9:30pm on a Wednesday because something just arose that he needs to get done, and the only person still in the office working is John Cena. On weekends, Cena's available. When others are taking vacation breaks, Cena's still there. For a man who lives to work and has no hobbies outside of work and shows up every day 100% dependable, he'd obviously value someone with those same qualities above all the rest.

That's how Miz became champ too.

"Miz, can you do all the media today, everyday, all year..... morning, noon, and night!?"

"..um...sure.."

Aiii

So not worth it
Oddly enough, I think a really good situation would be for Rusev to beat Cena at WM 31, and Reigns to lose. Reigns then goes after the US title and Rusev at SSlam, while Cena goes after the IC title and faces Bryan.

I think WWE messed up by not signing Lesnar earlier - I think their backup plan was always to have Rusev / Reigns be the other option (why else have Rusev be the last person in the RR, and Rock interact with Rusev in Brooklyn?). If they knew Lesnar was sticking around at the RR; you could have gone Bryan or Rock vs Lesnar (depending how confident they were in Bryan's health), and Rusev vs Reigns for the US Title.

If they really had balls, and really had faith in Reigns becoming the next Cena, they would have Cena turn on the USA and join forces with Rusev. His theme song is changed so it's now in Russian, he trades in his jorts for Russian olympic clothing, the whole nine yards.

Then he goes after Reigns, the WWE champion and wins the title at the next PPV. Can you imagine how hot that program would be? How nuclear his heat would be? It would be the biggest storyline in WWE in 15 years.

Toki767

If they really had balls, and really had faith in Reigns becoming the next Cena, they would have Cena turn on the USA and join forces with Rusev. His theme song is changed so it's now in Russian, he trades in his jorts for Russian olympic clothing, the whole nine yards.

Then he goes after Reigns, the WWE champion and wins the title at the next PPV. Can you imagine how hot that program would be? How nuclear his heat would be? It would be the biggest storyline in WWE in 15 years.

They'd screw it up after 2-3 weeks.

Barrage

CM Punk's 434 days.

They've always had to use caveats and asterisks for that (Longest reign!* in the last 25 years). In terms of all WWE history it's nothing. I don't think WWE would care enough to have Lesnar break it out of spite.If they keep the belt on lesnar it's because they believe Reigns isn't ready.

jmdajr

Perfect

Study: American millennials are among the world's least skilled

We hear about the superior tech savvy of people born after 1980 so often that we tend to assume it must be true. But is it?

Researchers at Princeton-based Educational Testing Service (ETS) expected it to be when they administered a test called the Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC). Sponsored by the OECD, the test was designed to measure the job skills of adults, aged 16 to 65, in 23 countries.

When the results were analyzed by age group and nationality, ETS got a shock. It turns out, says a new report, that Millennials in the U.S. fall short when it comes to the skills employers want most: literacy (including the ability to follow simple instructions), practical math, and — hold on to your hat — a category called “problem-solving in technology-rich environments.”,,,,,

6723+-+laughing+smiling+suit+vince_mcmahon+wwf.png

Fintan

He's probably going to linger around and cling to the spotlight longer than Hogan did, barring injury
I was just thinking that if he's getting near the end of his full time career, he may as well have a run as a heel. But if, as you say, he intends to be around for a long time maybe it makes more sense to stick to the status quo.

XenoRaven

They've always had to use caveats and asterisks for that (Longest reign!* in the last 25 years). In terms of all WWE history it's nothing. I don't think WWE would care enough to have Lesnar break it out of spite.If they keep the belt on lesnar it's because they believe Reigns isn't ready.
The reason for the caveats was because the champion used to barely wrestle. It was a big deal when the champ would show up. Modern champions (minus Brock) wrestle multiple times a week and defend their belt at least once a month.

jmdajr

The reason for the caveats was because the champion used to barely wrestle. It was a big deal when the champ would show up. Modern champions (minus Brock) wrestle multiple times a week and defend their belt at least once a month.

Amazing how fucked up Hogan's body is even though I saw him wrestle like 5 times a year. Then again I think he did tons of House Shows for Vince back in the day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like Stone Cold Steve Austin, the great thing about Hall & Oates is that they have TWO amazing eras. The soulful era and the super pop juggernauts era.

Toki767

For how much longer will John Cena wrestle a full time schedule? 3 years?

I say it's for however long his body holds up or however long Nikki is with the company.

It's not like Cena is married and has a family like HBK in his 40s. Cena's on the road a lot but a lot of that is spent being on the road with his girlfriend. Once she's out, I have a feeling his schedule won't be as busy. And I'd have to imagine by then, WWE will have found someone to replace him if it isn't Reigns.

Vylash

I say it's for however long his body holds up or however long Nikki is with the company.

It's not like Cena is married and has a family like HBK in his 40s. Cena's on the road a lot but a lot of that is spent being on the road with his girlfriend. Once she's out, I have a feeling his schedule won't be as busy. And I'd have to imagine by then, WWE will have found someone to replace him if it isn't Reigns.

according to total divas, which is completely canon and in no way a work, the bellas are quitting

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's probably going to linger around and cling to the spotlight longer than Hogan did, barring injury

Yeah but does Cena refuse to job to specific people? I always just figured they write him to not ever lose, not that he won't do it.

UberTag

That's how Miz became champ too.

"Miz, can you do all the media today, everyday, all year..... morning, noon, and night!?"

"..um...sure.."
If there's one thing you can't deny about Miz, the dude's committed to the WWE and willing to do absolutely whatever is asked of him.

Seeing how he's not a great wrestler and the WWE has afforded him a world title reign, a Mania main event, a marriage to Maryse and multiple movies, one can easily see why he'd remain loyal. I imagine a lot of the same things could be said about Cole and Dunn. Commitment and devotion supersede talent in the McMahon universe on the totem pole of important traits.

jmdajr

If there's one thing you can't deny about Miz, the dude's committed to the WWE and willing to do absolutely whatever is asked of him.

Seeing how he's not a great wrestler and the WWE has afforded him a world title reign, a Mania main event, a marriage to Maryse and multiple movies, one can easily see why he'd remain loyal. I imagine a lot of the same things could be said about Cole and Dunn. Commitment and devotion supersede talent in the McMahon universe on the totem pole of important traits.

If you have time for videogames, Vince has no time for you.

scabro

If you think that Paul Heyman and all these other guys are secretly shooting, that's just what that is. Its not a generalized insult.

Listen, friend. Paul Heyman is a known shooter. How long have you been watching wrestling? He fires from the hip. Vince only gives him a hot mic because he knows hes the only one able to carry this feud, and he needs him. So he NEEDS some way to put Heyman in check, hence the mic cuts.

Heyman shoots first and doesn't apologize. Unlike others who throw out hurtful and degrading insults, go back and edit their posts, then go BACK and re add the insult after being called out on it.

DMczaf

Heyman is going to work you guys into a shoot that will turn into a work that was actually a shoot that was disguised as a worked shoot meant to fool you smarks that this shoot was a work that started as a shoot.

Top Bottom