• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

iPPV schedule for WrestleMania week, who's watching what?

92VaUFa.png

I'm gonna try and watch everything except for Kaiju. I'll probably skip King of Indies as well, the tournament line-up isn't so great.

I usually skip past whatever the gobshite has to say. It obviously works for the crowd they've got, but that bullish attitude's the one thing I don't really enjoy about ICW.

I'll probably try catch SHIMMER's tournament.

Yeah, Dallas was a likeable enough guy on the ICW docs, but that segment made me laugh more than anything.

It's also immmediately followed by Kid Fite teasing some female wrestlers getting their tits out.

So whats the name of this wannabe Progress company? Just curious to see how much they ripoff their product. To me PROGRESS is a very unique product from the look of the venue,the ring and the booking.

Heel

92VaUFa.png

I'm gonna try and watch everything except for Kaiju. I'll probably skip King of Indies as well, the tournament line-up isn't so great.

I usually skip past whatever the gobshite has to say. It obviously works for the crowd they've got, but that bullish attitude's the one thing I don't really enjoy about ICW.

I might watch WrestleMania.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

92VaUFa.png

images

BJW, 3/31/2015 [Tue] 19:00 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo

(0) Isamu Oshita, Toshiyuki Sakuda & Kota Sekifuda vs. Yoshihisa Uto, Tatsuo Omori & Kazumi Kikuta
(1) Yuko Miyamoto, Abdullah Kobayashi & Jaki Numazawa vs. Shu Brahman, Kei Brahman & Takayuki Ueki
(2) Masato Inaba, Kazuki Hashimoto & Masaya Takahashi vs. Tsutomu Osugi, Hercules Senga & Heddi French

(3) A Block Match: Kankuro Hoshimo vs. Ryuichi Sekine
(4) A Block Match: Ryuji Ito vs. Masashi Takeda
(5) B Block Match: Isami Kodaka vs. Takumi Tsukamoto

(6) Yuji Okabayashi, Yuji Hino & Shinobu vs. Atsushi Maruyama, Ryuichi Kawakami & Hideyoshi Kamitani

(7) BJW World Strong Heavyweight Championship: [5th Champion] Shuji Ishikawa vs. [Challenger] Daisuke Sekimoto ~ 2nd title defense.
and
tumblr_inline_nl7dotqXro1qhf2de.jpg

All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2015 Dream Power Series”, 3/27/2015 [Fri] 19:00 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo

(1) KENSO vs. Naoya Nomura
(2) Zeus & The Bodyguard [both FREE] vs. Kengo Mashimo & Tank Nagai [both K-DOJO]
(3) 8 Man Tag Match: Jun Akiyama, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Masanobu Fuchi & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Takao Omori, SUSHI, Ryuji Hijikata [FREE] & Yohei Nakajima
(4) 6 Man Tag Match: Suwama, Joe Doering & Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION] vs. Akebono, Yutaka Yoshie [FREE] & Keisuke Ishii [DDT]

(5) World Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: [37th Champion] Atsushi Aoki vs. [Challenger] Kotaro Suzuki
~ 6th title defense.
(6) Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship Match: [51st Champion] Go Shiozaki vs. [Challenger] Kento Miyahara
~ 2nd title defense.

Can't wait for the Aoki/Suzuki rematch.

In unrelated news
[Super Battle FMW News] More details have been released in regards to the rebirth of FMW.
Hideki Takahashi, who originally served under the original FMW as a sales manager, will serve as a representative of the new organization which will be called “Cho Sento Pro-Wrestling FMW“ or in English as Super Battle Pro-Wrestling FMW.
As what was previously mentioned on Puroresu Spirit the debut show will be held on April 27th at the Shinjuku FACE with a couple pre-shows taking place before hand.
As for the wrestlers who will be involved. Choden Senshi Battleranger (Yukihide Ueno), who just celebrated his 25th anniversary as a pro-wrestler, Mammoth Sasaki [FREEDOMS], Tetsuhiro Kuroda [Apache], Hideki Hosaka [FREE], Ricky Fuji [K-DOJO], Flying Kid Ichihara [FREE], and Miss Mongolia [WPA] are the first of 7 wrestlers expected to be involved. It was also mentioned that they are striving to bring in former wrestlers who competed in FMW back in the day as well. The biggest name that is still in question of course being the original FMW founder Atsushi Onita. Battleranger has extended the invitation, but his participation is still open. Also being he has his own new promotion under Cho-Hanabi (Super Fireworks) right now as well.
FMW Revival Commemorative Series Vol. 1
4/21 @ Hirosaki City Kasai Taiiku Center in Aomori
4/22 @ Miyagino District Cultural Center
4/23 @ Aizu-Wakamatsu Renaissance in Fukushima
“Raising an Army” 4/27 @ Shinjuku FACE in Tokyo

Already sounds struggle as fuck. Which is actually perfect when you're trying to capture the FMW spirit.

Kaladin

92VaUFa.png

Kinda interested in the Evolve shows. I want to see if they unify their belts.

somedevil

Some TNA news:

Big Japan Wrestling announced yesterday that 19 year old rookie Kota Sekifuda would be heading to the United States to tour and gain experience over the next several months, specifically mentioning that he would be wrestling for TNA.

Does anyone know who he is? Plus why do they keep sending talent to TNA after the Okada debacle and Sanada basically doing nothing for the last part of his TNA run after joining James Storm.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some TNA news:

Does anyone know who he is? Plus why do they keep sending talent to TNA after the Okada debacle and Sanada basically doing nothing for the last part of his TNA run after joining James Storm.

Because it's BJW, and they don't have a ton of options for an exchange. It's pretty much TNA or CZW. Personally, I think TNA DID help Sanada get noticed. He got a big rub at the start.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh and one last card for WM week.

[ZERO1 News] Pro Wrestling Zero1 announced the full card for the upcoming Yasukuni Shrine show on March 29th.
The big announcement from today came in the form of the main event as it was announced that Masato Tanaka will be facing Dragon Gate’s Shingo Takagi in a single match. Takagi special wanted to accept this match and was cleared to compete even though DG will be holding a show that same day in Saga. Takagi specifically stating that he is eager to compete against Tanaka as he is one of the top class wrestlers in Japan today.
Also announced is Great Kojika, who is currently the oldest active Japanese pro-wrestling at 72, will be competing in a match as an offering to the war in which he was still a young child at the time. Daemon Ueda will be debuting under a new name for the show as he has been given a name by Beat Takeshi Kitano. Daemon will now be known as Masadoka going forward.
This year marks the 70th anniversary for the end of the war and the 12th year that ZERO1 has offered a honoring in the form of pro-wrestling for those whose who are buried there.
Below is the announced card in full…
Sushi Zanmai Presents “Hounou (Dedication) Pro-Wrestling 12th Annual Yamato Shinshu Chikara Matsuri”, 3/29/2015 [Sun] 13:00 @ Yasukuni Shrine, Sumo Field in Tokyo
(1) MINE presents “World of Pro-Wrestling“: Kengo & Tsubakichi Sanshu vs. Kenta Sugawara & MINE
(2) ZERO1 vs WRESTLE-1: Yasufumi Nakanoue & Hiroshi Yamato vs. Jason Lee & Yoshikazu Yokoyama
(3) Beat Takeshi Naming “将火怒” Masadoka Debut: Masadoka (formerly Daemon Ueda) & “brother“ YASSHI vs. Yusaku Obata & Mineo Fujita
(4) End of the War 70th Anniversary - First Ever Oldest Active Wrestler Pro-Wrestling Dedication: Great Kojika (72), Kazuhiko Ogasawara (55) & Gabai Jichan (??) vs. KAMIKAZE, Ryoji Sai & TARU
(5) New & Old Junior Showdown: Shinjiro Otani & Tatsuhito Takaiwa [FREE] vs. Ikuto Hidaka & Fujita “Jr“ Hayato [MichiPro]
(6) International Light Heavyweight & NWA World Junior 2 Crown Championship Match: [117th & 17th Champion] Minoru Tanaka (W-1) vs. [Challenger] Takuya Sugawara
~ 1st title defense.

(7) ZERO1 vs WRESTLE-1 Tag Match: Kohei Sato & Hideki Suzuki [FREE] vs. KAI & Ryota Hama
(8) End of the War 70th Anniversary - Special Single Match: Masato Tanaka vs. Shingo Takagi [DRAGON GATE]

Highlighted what'll be worth watching.
Ohhh, gimme that young shit Fuji vs old man Otani. Yes.

PS for Sunny

The belief from here is that Mark & Jay Briscoe will be here by mid-summer in NXT, which, if the Briscoes take the offer, means Jay is going to have to drop the ROH title between now and that time.

Wonder if Jay will fuck it up again with another Twitter rant.

Kaladin

I would love to see those guys in the WWE. Like Finn Balor, they come ready for the main event.

I'm ready for The Briscoes vs Enzo and Big Cass.

Another note

Regarding the talk about Adrian Neville as a masked Mighty Mouse like character, whether it happens or not, that’s not so much an idea for Neville as much as an idea Vince McMahon has just wanted to do for a short wrestler for some time. At one point there was talk about Henry Cejudo for that gimmick as well, but he ended up going into MMA instead. The funniest part of all is that I doubt WWE has any idea UFC already has a Mighty Mouse, but then again, the UFC version isn’t wearing a mask. The idea is an underdog babyface character aimed at kids.

Kaladin

I think if there is anyone on the indies that I would mark harder for than Daniel Bryan, it's probably The Briscoe Brothers. Dem boys kick ass and don't give a fuck about names.

Fire Bill DeMott
Hire Jay Briscoe

lol

They only fired DeMott because they felt like they had to. With Jay, the same people that were offended by DeMott will be happy by his hire, so they won't have to act like they give a shit. Same reason they didn't hire the Briscoes a few years ago when Jay ranted on Twitter. Too much heat. Now there will be none.

Money stuff

Based on new filings, WWE released how much five key executives earned in salary in 2014. Vince McMahon earned $2,413,885, consisting of $1,179,192 in salary, $1,220,335, in non-equity incentive plan compensation and $14,658 in matching contributions under his 401K plan and life insurance payments. He was not under contract this year asa performer and thus didn’t make extra as he had in years past. Vince makes most of his money from stock dividends paid quarterly, which this past year was $18,850,867. Linda McMahon got $3,127,588.30 in stock dividends this past year. Stephanie McMahon got $1,205,314 in stock dividends. The ten biggest shareholders in the company, in order, are Vince McMahon (who owns roughly 52 percent of company shares worth $629 million at press time), Linda McMahon (who owns about 8.6 percent of the company worth $104 million), Lindsell Train Limited of London (five percent), Eminence Capital of New York, Stephanie McMahon Levesque (whose stock is currently worth about $41 million), Morgan Stanley of New York, Thompson, Siegel and Walmsley of Richmond, VA, Pinnacle Associates Limited of New York and BlackRock Inc. of New York and CFO George Barrios.

Barrios earned $1,668,970 in 2014. Paul Levesque earned $2,775,186. His breakdown is $544,615 in salary as an executive, $300,000 in stock awards, $283,140 in non-equity incentive plan compensation and $1,647,431 in payment as a performer (he has a $1 million downside guarantee but beat it based on PPV payoffs–as the top guys made the same money as a year earlier before the network, and his merchandise and licensing royalties). Kevin Dunn earned $1,791,492 and Michael Luisi (head of WWE Studios) earned $1,914,998.

RP912

Banned

92VaUFa.png

Road to Invasion Attack for me.

Wish there was a new NJPW show to watch. Might just watch some ROH from 2002 tonight.

Dude, watch the AAA iPPV;

internetvluchalibreaaa.com

Rey in action, lots of Lucha Underground dudes, Fenix vs El Hijo del Phantasma (which will likely be nuts). If the show actually happens this time, it should be pretty great.

16BitNova

Looks like that Brock Lesnar fan
mark
guy made it to NXT. Seriously, why does WWE keep giving this guy camera time.
kinda jealous

Edit: I really hope NXT comes to Chicago soon.

Alucard

Banned

92VaUFa.png

I'm in for NJPW and that's about it. I realize I'm good with the 10 bucks or so I spend on NJPW World each month and my ROH Ringside Membership has given me enough of a backlog to last me a long while yet.

Dude, watch the AAA iPPV;

internetvluchalibreaaa.com

Rey in action, lots of Lucha Underground dudes, Fenix vs El Hijo del Phantasma (which will likely be nuts). If the show actually happens this time, it should be pretty great.

Nah. I've spent $70 on PPVs this year already, and with the monthly NJPW World payments, I think I'll end up spending more on wrestling than I normally have been over the past couple of years. Well, maybe less...went a little crazy at the ROH/NJPW show last year and spent $70 on 2 ROH PPVs.

Reason for all this is really practical for me: we just got approved for a mortgage on a new house, which means a lot of extra costs and things to buy coming up in the next month or two, AND my wife is due with our second daughter in the next four weeks...which could mean one or two weeks based on how she's feeling right now and the fact that our first girl came 2 weeks early.

I'm in instinctual dad and husband save and provide mode. Only spent $6 on myself over the past two weeks. (normally spend $20-30 a week) Otherwise, just been buying groceries.

Top Bottom