• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

oB260Yi.jpg

Reason for all this is really practical for me: we just got approved for a mortgage on a new house, which means a lot of extra costs and things to buy coming up in the next month or two, AND my wife is due with our second daughter in the next four weeks...which could mean one or two weeks based on how she's feeling right now and the fact that our first girl came 2 weeks early.

I'm in instinctual dad and husband save and provide mode. Only spent $6 on myself over the past two weeks. (normally spend $20-30 a week) Otherwise, just been buying groceries.

Good guy Alucard!

Congrats on the impending young one, dude :)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Who is this guy?

EDIT: I am watching Canadian Smackdown and they just showed another HOF inductee. I have no idea who that guy is.

iPPV schedule for WrestleMania week, who's watching what?

92VaUFa.png

I'm gonna try and watch everything except for Kaiju. I'll probably skip King of Indies as well, the tournament line-up isn't so great.

I usually skip past whatever the gobshite has to say. It obviously works for the crowd they've got, but that bullish attitude's the one thing I don't really enjoy about ICW.

I want to watch both Evolve shows and Mercury Rising, shame about no DGUSA.

Alucard

Banned
Unshockingly, I'm curious to check this out:

lethdaldvd.jpg

Are you ready for "A Lethal Dose" of Truth? In this two disc compilation, the only two time Ring of Honor World Television Champion Jay Lethal, sits down to tell his life story. His trainee days, the influence of Randy Savage, his ROH beginnings, his time in other promotions, and ROH return are all relived in this exclusive interview.

Along with the interview are twelve of the very best Lethal matches between his reigns as World Television Champion. Watch the biggest moments in his ROH career including Survival of the Fittest 2012, his ROH World Championship matches against Kevin Steen, his portrayal of "The Machismo King" at A Night of Hoopla, and his shocking alignment with Truth Martini. Plus other matches featuring AJ Styles, Davey Richards, and his best friend Sonjay Dutt.

This DVD contains controversial comments that you must hear, and matches that you must see.

Disc 1:

Full Interview

Jay Lethal (c) vs Roderick Strong (Television Championship) (Showdown in the Sun 3/31/12)

Jay Lethal vs Tommaso Ciampa (2/3 Falls) (Boiling Point 8/11/12)

Lethal vs Cole vs Richards vs Elgin vs Mondo vs Strong (SOTF Finals) (ROH TV 9/22/12)

Kevin Steen (c) vs Jay Lethal (ROH World Championship) (Killer Instinct 10/6/12)

Disc 2:

Jay Lethal vs Davey Richards (Glory By Honor XI 10/13/12)

Kevin Steen (c) vs Jay Lethal (ROH World Championship) (11th Anniversary 3/2/13)

Jay Lethal vs Michael Elgin (Supercard of Honor VII 4/5/13)

"Machismo King" Jay Lethal vs Delirious (A Night of Hoopla 7/11/13)

Jay Lethal vs Sonjay Dutt (World Title Tournament) (ROH TV 7/27/13)

Jay Lethal vs Eddie Edwards (Pursuit Night 1 11/13/13)

Jay Lethal vs AJ Styles (12th Anniversary) (2/21/14)

Tommaso Ciampa (c) vs Jay Lethal (Television Championship: 2/3 Falls) (Supercard of Honor VIII 4/4/14)

ROH doesn't have a lot of interview/life story sets, but when they do, they're usually pretty good. Definitely worth it for fans. I'm not a huge Jay Lethal guy, but I've been a huge fan of his current run. Would definitely want to see this.

Ultratech

lol @ GRAVE CONSEQUENCES

Guess that's better than calling it a straight-up Casket Match.

Casket looks neat at least as well as the procession.

klonere

Banned
Strange episode of NXT right now. Clear that it is indeed the first time they've done something like this. Liking Dubstep Cowboys clearly going heel though.

he's fucking everywhere. he's probably an audience plant too.

Assuming this is the guy I'm thinking of, then yeah I have noticed him and at least one other guy who seem to be in the front rows at a lot of shows. I assumed the audience plant talk was more conspiracy stuff or jokes but I guess the WWE does basically have a few touring people they keep on staff to give good ringside reactions (and probably lessen risk to performers from over-invested/asshole fans).

Is that the case? I haven't ever paid much attention to the audience but I did notice these two guys I am thinking of as being at ringside a lot, and since the WWE tours the entire country, it seems clear they must be touring with them.

klonere

Banned
Man Sasha Banks vs Bliss matches are always stiff. Last time Banks broke her nose.

That was pretty great until the odd ending. Anything for a hometown pop I guess? Sasha's at the level where she can make anyone look good in the ring with her.

Edit: wow they gave a title shot to Bliss? Interesting.

somedevil

That was pretty great until the odd ending. Anything for a hometown pop I guess? Sasha's at the level where she can make anyone look good in the ring with her.

More for storyline purposes like they just showed on the show. Next Week has the divas and the title match between Owens and Balor.

klonere

Banned
Damn the fact the whole Riley storyline hadn't played out before this event kinda hurts the face/heel dynamic here.

I'd say the only thing Owens can do to get a consistent heel reaction would be to murder Balor.

Congrats Alucard! Hope it all goes well.

Being the head of WWE Studios is a pretty sweet gig it looks like. Earning money on your bank account while flushing away money that's not yours.
I wonder if they are even allowed to eat with the proper studio heads in Hollywood. Like, would they even get in through the front door?

Edit: wow they gave a title shot to Bliss? Interesting.

Tonight was only her 2nd match back from injury wasn't it?

klonere

Banned
Damn I'm so hyped for Balor Owens next week. I still think Balor is really weak on the mic though.

Also judging by the comments I'm going to have a good time catching up on LU (eventually, only on ep 3 so far...)

klonere

Banned
Congrats Alucard! Hope it all goes well.

I wonder if they are even allowed to eat with the proper studio heads in Hollywood. Like, would they even get in through the front door?

Tonight was only her 2nd match back from injury wasn't it?

Yeah, I haven't seen her before, started watching when she was out with that injury I guess?

Kaladin

Haven't been able to watch NXT yet, but what is the atmosphere like this week?

I imagine it's something like a Ring of Honor show from a few years ago.

Kaladin

Reason for all this is really practical for me: we just got approved for a mortgage on a new house, which means a lot of extra costs and things to buy coming up in the next month or two, AND my wife is due with our second daughter in the next four weeks...which could mean one or two weeks based on how she's feeling right now and the fact that our first girl came 2 weeks early.

I'm in instinctual dad and husband save and provide mode. Only spent $6 on myself over the past two weeks. (normally spend $20-30 a week) Otherwise, just been buying groceries.

Congrats.

yb-booker-t.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's crazy how Vince singles out Macho's departure from RAW saying nothing but nice things about him and that he never ever comes back.

Top Bottom