• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Sephzilla

About misogyny? Video games have been driving away women from this industry making it a haven for cishet males that simply treats women unfairly. It bleeds into "real life" beyond just treating women poorly in games. We need equal representation in everything and I feel very strongly about that, regardless of what I like on the inside (I love looking at boobs. I could do it forever.) - but I realize that's a problem.

I don't entirely agree with this. Video games aren't driving women away, stupid fucking dumbasses are driving women away. You'll get absolutely no argument out of me regarding representation in video games. But the actual video games are a symptom, not the actual problem.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WHAT THE DOUBLE FUCK?

I log onto WWE Network for first time in a month and this place has been infested with 30 second ads. Can't watch ANYTHING without a 30 second ad first. Fucking HORRIBLE.

Getting rid of this garbage after Wrestlemania and that's no empty threat.

Obligatory spooky fingers jiff
3u80rtI.gif

I don't entirely agree with this. Video games aren't driving women away, stupid fucking dumbasses are driving women away. You'll get absolutely no argument out of me regarding representation in video games. But the actual video games are a symptom, not the actual problem.

Well, there's a lot of stupid fucking dumbasses making games and unfortunately, they're the ones with power. Things are changing, thank god. Devs by and large have woken up and are going to #staywoke about it, because equal representation simply makes whatever the fuck you're making better, it really does.

Gonzalez

Banned
I think if the roles were reversed it would have gotten more controversy for being a big scary man-ghost beating up and chasing a helpless woman character. PT kind of turned it upside down in my opinion, turning the man in to the helpless one and turning the woman into the powerful thing you fear.
Yeah but if it was the opposite it would prove that the smartest of sexes can defeat the brute force of man.

Goddamn it, can't we just make every fictional character in history a stocky smart lesbian already?

This shoot would typically work over a jabroni ass mark, if you worked it on Gaming side brother, but you shot the shoot at OT Community. The HULKAMANIACS will sandbag this work like the shoot it isn't. GOODNIGHT

Feel like you need to start ending your posts with PEACE to really get your point across like other fine posters.

jmdajr

WHAT THE DOUBLE FUCK?

I log onto WWE Network for first time in a month and this place has been infested with 30 second ads. Can't watch ANYTHING without a 30 second ad first. Fucking HORRIBLE.

It's not that big a deal. Not enough close to fucking Hulu. At all.

Browny

Banned
WHAT THE DOUBLE FUCK?

Almost obligatory:

y5GKqwU.gif

Edit: holy shit at that gif Bootaay...

Sephzilla

Yeah but if it was the opposite it would prove that the smartest of sexes can defeat the brute force of man.

I don't disagree with you on this, at all, just for the record. I think it's a good idea.

Problem is the "helpless woman + big scary man ghost" thing is still going to be something people cling on to and try to turn into a huge controversy. Like the black people in Resident Evil 5. Or that one comic book cover that had Joker and a scared Batgirl on it.

Cagey

Banned
Cishet getting dropped unironically in WrassleGAF now?

God damnit. I thought this sort of psuedo-progressive appropriation of academia terminology with the actual intent being the poster wanting to flex on others was an OT-thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Aero Star is nuts;

Thanks, Blue Demon Jr for making me miss this. Goddammit.

Looking forward to seeing reymurdered.gif later. That's what's supposed to happen, I haven't seen or heard results (not avoiding them, just haven't seen em)

Need that PentaGOD Jr

Sephzilla

Well, there's a lot of stupid fucking dumbasses making games and unfortunately, they're the ones with power. Things are changing, thank god. Devs by and large have woken up and are going to #staywoke about it, because equal representation simply makes whatever the fuck you're making better, it really does.

100% agreed. Once the dumbasses either get smart or get out I think everything will get better.

I, for one, don't entirely want sexualization in characters to be done away with though. I'd rather see it become a more equal thing alongside male sexualized characters as well as characters who just simply don't need T&A to sell. (The amount of female sexualization in gaming in general does need to go down though)

bjork

WHAT THE DOUBLE FUCK?

Does the network have those "please, don't try this at home" unskippable thing that used to be on the dvds (it may still be, I have no idea)?

Sephzilla

Kojima is basically what people wish David Cage was. A guy who has an eye on the cinematic/movie world but can also make an actually fun video game on top of it.

Edit: The other reason I think the Kojima-leaving-Konami thing is a big work is because I think Konami is well aware of the fact that they would fucking sink the moment Kojima stopped making their games. Kojima is the only thing that's kept them relevant for a long time now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Feel like you need to start ending your posts with PEACE to really get your point across like other fine posters.
Whatever you're trying to shoot isn't working and won't work me into a shoot cause I will shoot work you into a shot at a shoot and it will work like you meant that shit. BROTHER

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Kojima leaving Konami was actually real I'd like to see him and some of his team merge with Platinum games.

They could make a Metal Gear combat game! With Platinum behind it, what could go wrong?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i dont even get what your point is with this unless you skip cutscenes your first time through a game (why?). every game runs into this on replays
What I'm saying is I hope there's not a ton of cutscenes that need to be skipped. Kojima sucks. He didn't used to. That is all.

Video games are scary. The amount of people who take it to the next level is insane. Sales threads bring out all the crazies. Like that one poster who risked her job to post console sale data, got caught by US Bank or Citi or whatever, was told to not do it, but she still was going to do it anyway. Just crazy to me.

Sephzilla

What I'm saying is I hope there's not a ton of cutscenes that need to be skipped. Kojima sucks. He didn't used to. That is all.

Nah, you're wrong here. Kojima is one of the last game makers/developers I still get excited about when I hear he's making a game. Bungie went downhill. Gearbox got exposed as fucking hacks. Inafune went from "the guy who made great Mega Man games" into the guy with a western boner who almost ruined Capcom. Valve is too busy selling other peoples games these days.

Kojima has yet to really hit a big dropoff like a lot of the other big name game devs.

Top Bottom