• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, you're wrong here. Kojima is one of the last game makers/developers I still get excited about when I hear he's making a game. Bungie went downhill. Gearbox got exposed as fucking hacks. Inafune went from "the guy who made great Mega Man games" into the guy with a western boner who almost ruined Capcom. Valve is too busy selling other peoples games these days.

Kojima has yet to really hit a big dropoff like a lot of the other big name game devs.

lol

Bungie is at the top of their game with Destiny. Wise decisions abound.

Gearbox have always been hacks that got one thing right and have mined the shit out of it. No blame. Inafune is still dope.

Valve...I think they have realized they've been away for an awful long time so people expect too much, and...I dunno what they're gonna do. Just run a store, maybe.

XenoRaven

MGS4 is an anomaly. Kojima was so depressed when he made that game he wanted to leave the industry. People who praise that game as one of his crowning achievements make me want to bash my head in with a hammer. The reason there's a bunch of cameos and everyone dies is because he wanted to wrap everything up and just get it the fuck over with. No more sequels, no more Snake, no more ruining what was supposed to be an open-ended MGS2 that would foster discussion among fans. Just done. Goodbye.

MGSV is a game he wants to make, with a story he wants to tell, and wants to cut way back on cutscenes and try to tell the story as much as possible through gameplay. That's why Codec is out and has been replaced by tapes that you can play while you're actually playing the game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MGSV is a game he wants to make, with a story he wants to tell, and wants to cut way back on cutscenes and try to tell the story as much as possible through gameplay. That's why Codec is out and has been replaced by tapes that you can play while you're actually playing the game.

I wonder if everyone who criticizes Bioshock for this will give Shitjima a pass.

Sephzilla

lol

Bungie is at the top of their game with Destiny. Wise decisions abound.

Gearbox have always been hacks that got one thing right and have mined the shit out of it. No blame. Inafune is still dope.

Valve...I think they have realized they've been away for an awful long time so people expect too much, and...I dunno what they're gonna do. Just run a store, maybe.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't you just admit the other day you sinked 40 hours into MGS:GZ? Was that someone else?

Yes, I loved the shit out of it. I have high hopes. He has a great team. The team.

Sephzilla

His user name is Vince McMahon. Destiny is a game that has made a shit ton of money and will continue to make money with various expansions and sequels. Now put two and two together.

I'm actually curious how well a straight up sequel to Destiny would sell given the lukewarm reception Destiny got. I guess it would highly depend on how much Bungie improves things in the sequel (like actually having a story). I have a feeling Activision and Bungie are going to opt to DLC the fuck out of Destiny in order to eventually turn the game into the thing people wanted it to be at launch, those carny fuckers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually curious how well a straight up sequel to Destiny would sell given the lukewarm reception Destiny got. I guess it would highly depend on how much Bungie improves things in the sequel (like actually having a story)

We're not gonna see a Destiny 2 sequel for a long time. The framework is there, the DLC is being made. They can do significant things to mine this while they work on adapting that framework to allow for more experiences and monetization opportunities.

And before you say "lol monetization opportunities" I mean more content. A bigger platform with more options? Yes, please.

Hell, you may even find Destiny 2 is F2P. Depending on how effectively they can leverage their DLC options. It behooves them to put it in front of as many people as possible. Even Destiny itself is free to start, no?

Sephzilla

We're not gonna see a Destiny 2 sequel for a long time. The framework is there, the DLC is being made. They can do significant things to mine this while they work on adapting that framework to allow for more experiences and monetization opportunities.

And before you say "lol monetization opportunities" I mean more content. A bigger platform with more options? Yes, please.

Hell, you may even find Destiny 2 is F2P. Depending on how effectively they can leverage their DLC options. It behooves them to put it in front of as many people as possible. Even Destiny itself is free to start, no?

I think I'd be okay with DLC shit for Destiny if it gave us more content and an actual fucking story. Right now Destiny is a fun game to play yet it feels barren on every other front. DragonBall Xenoverse of all fucking things is a better Destiny than Destiny right now.

Hasney

Didnn't they basically hint at you being able to get Destiny 2 in a couple of years, so 2016?

Activision is not going to leave that money on the table when there's only so much you can get from DLC.

bjork

Destiny was so good I played it for like 90 minutes and went "nope."

Now, One Piece Treasure Cruise, *there* is a game I can play.

XenoRaven

Yes, I loved the shit out of it. I have high hopes. He has a great team. The team.
Part of the reason he was depressed making MGS4 was that he had tried to pass the series on to his team and they failed. That's part of the theme of MGS2 where it talks about passing things on to a new generation.

bjork

Haven't seen this posted. Act Yusakawa is out of the hospital after almost a month.

Whatever happened with the lady she wrestled? I don't know of a good english resource for this stuff, so you guys are really my only lifeline for anything on the Japanese end of things. Yoshiko, was it?

Sephzilla

Part of the reason he was depressed making MGS4 was that he had tried to pass the series on to his team and they failed. That's part of the theme of MGS2 where it talks about passing things on to a new generation.

Bingo. Kojima has tried to put Metal Gear in someone else's hands multiple times and they've fumbled the ball each time. MGS4 was supposed to be made without him and they dropped the ball there. MGS:Rising was an idea made by his team and pitched to Kojima, and then they couldn't actually make anything beyond a watermelon cutting simulator with it. Platinum taking MGS:Rising and turning it into Revengeance was the first time Kojima actually felt satisfied handing the Metal Gear franchise over to someone else. And that wasn't even his fucking team.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'd be okay with DLC shit for Destiny if it gave us more content and an actual fucking story. Right now Destiny is a fun game to play yet it feels barren on every other front. DragonBall Xenoverse of all fucking things is a better Destiny than Destiny right now.

I'm honestly not concerned about the story at all. I went into it wanting a story, left unsatisfied. Didn't play for months. Decided I should probably try again, since I made it to max level and put it down, and...oh, so THAT'S what this game is about. I'm hooked.

Now, One Piece Treasure Cruise, *there* is a game I can play.

I got a Kuro drop from the island event, I'm sort of happy. Itching for one of those money-only runs, I have dudes that need levels. I'm juicing my Tashigi.

Haven't seen this posted. Act Yusakawa is out of the hospital after almost a month.

Welcome back~ with that Virgil mask...

jred2k

At the rate they've been releasing DLC, they'd go fucking broke relying on that as their only income. I'll give the game a look again when they start announcing content for House of Wolves, but I haven't touched it since the last pack came out. Between the shitty content:price ratio and the way they messed with exotic weapons, there was no way I could justify spending any more time with that content-strapped piece of shit.

Fuck, she was still in the hospital?!
Whatever happened with the lady she wrestled? I don't know of a good english resource for this stuff, so you guys are really my only lifeline for anything on the Japanese end of things. Yoshiko, was it?

Suspended indefinitely if i remember right.

EDIT: http://www.koalamask.com/2015/02/25/official-yoshiko-suspended-indefinitely-for-stardom-incident/

Xater

This is for Vince Boots and everyone else interested in some indie stuff out of Europe.

wXw 16 Carat Gold is up to be purchased on Vimeo. 3 days of great wrestling action. I already saw myself in the day 3 footage in their Youtube thing. :p

The wXw 16 Carat Gold tournament is Europe's biggest and most famous wrestling tournament. Witness the likes of Zack Sabre Jr., Tommy End, Joey Ryan, Chris Sabin, Candice LeRae, Daisuke Harada, Cedric Alexander, Uhaa Nation, Andrew Everett and many more perform in front of a buzzing audience in Germany.
16 Carat Gold series consist of three episodes, part two&three of the three-day tournament will be published here within the next days.

Link: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/16carat2015eng

PS: This is the version with English commentary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't my dog, and...I love him but he's such a pathetic, useless thing:
boQKujn.png

bjork

I got a Kuro drop from the island event, I'm sort of happy. Itching for one of those money-only runs, I have dudes that need levels. I'm juicing my Tashigi.

Kuro ends up being a really good unit later. Tashigi too, I'm hoping to use turtles on her and Ace during this event... but then I got a Mutton Shot Sanji this morning and he's blue too with a lower evolve point, so he's first. :)

Wow. I mean, the punishment is fitting, and it's good they changed the rules a little because of this.

Sephzilla

I'm honestly not concerned about the story at all. I went into it wanting a story, left unsatisfied. Didn't play for months. Decided I should probably try again, since I made it to max level and put it down, and...oh, so THAT'S what this game is about. I'm hooked.

Right now I only touch Destiny when I see other friends playing it. Trying to play it solo is as boring as trying to sit through a 20 minute Roman Reigns promo.

This isn't my dog, and...I love him but he's such a pathetic, useless thing:
-pic-

that's a really cute dog

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is for Vince Boots and everyone else interested in some indie stuff out of Europe.

wXw 16 Carat Gold is up to be purchased on Vimeo. All 3 days of great wrestling action. I already saw myself in the day 3 footage :p

Link: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/16carat2015eng

Oh that's awesome! And only $29? Fuck, I am all in once I have some time to watch it. Been dying to see xWx's 16 Carat Gold for a while. Thank you!

Xater

Oh that's awesome! And only $29? Fuck, I am all in once I have some time to watch it. Been dying to see xWx's 16 Carat Gold for a while. Thank you!

Yeah it's a good price. I paid that much for the cheapest ticket to be there just for the final day. I think I'll get the show myself to see all the matches. Heard there was also some great stuff on day 1 and 2.

I have to figure out if I can go to the World Tag Team Tournament in October. That's probably going to be a great time. Might treat myself for the whole thing because it's my birthday that month.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I scared the dog so bad while playing with him that he pissed everywhere. Felt bad for it. I can't control my ogre tendencies, but I'm trying. He's ok with just ONE hand knocking him around but when two get involved, he pisses himself. I gotta remember just to use one hand.

He's REALLY fucking cute though, and I'm disgusted with how cute he is. I want to kidnap him forever.
Look at this little asshole.
2OXKyiAl.jpg

owEqjBgl.jpg

I scared the dog so bad while playing with him that he pissed everywhere. Felt bad for it. I can't control my ogre tendencies, but I'm trying. He's ok with just ONE hand knocking him around but when two get involved, he pisses himself. I gotta remember just to use one hand.

He's REALLY fucking cute though, and I'm disgusted with how cute he is. I want to kidnap him forever.
Look at this little asshole.
2OXKyiAl.jpg

owEqjBgl.jpg

You know you need to pose like Dean Malenko with that dog.

Top Bottom