• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

RP912

Banned
With all of that space for Nitro 97-01 and Attitude Era Raws....they could use it for house show exclusives. I mean it's the WWE Universe right?

I've never seen this promotion, but my prediction is it comes down to this dude and his buddy and some third person, and this dude gets eliminated by his buddy.

It could end up that way, but having seen Havoc worm his way out of a title loss on numerous occasions, I almost think it's too obvious for it to finish like that. They've done such a great job with this title reign, no one really knows who's going to take the title or when it's going to happen and they keeping stacking the odds against Jimmy, but he keeps surprising everyone time and time again.

NoRéN

You lucky duck.
It was definitely a different experience watching the match on tv. Missed lots of the action being on the balcony but it was still incredible. The crowd loved it and there was not a moment where things slowed. No joke, lots of people cringed and turned away at various points.

hd6czc25pu54.gif
I'll be walking my dogs at this park later today. :)

bjork

It could end up that way, but having seen Havoc worm his way out of a title loss on numerous occasions, I almost think it's too obvious for it to finish like that. They've done such a great job with this title reign, no one really knows who's going to take the title or when it's going to happen and they keeping stacking the odds against Jimmy, but he keeps surprising everyone time and time again.

I might have to check this out. I was just spitballing from this one promo, heh.

Also, these five-star wrestling guys are being pretty brave about their parody accuracy.

I might have to check this out. I was just spitballing from this one promo, heh.

Check out Chapter 13 from last year, they had problems with the hard camera so uploaded the handheld footage to youtube for free - Jimmy has a crazy ladder match with Mark Andrews (the man he stole the PROGRESS title from) in the main event. Also, Devitt (Finn Balor) vs Zack Sabre Jr, who's one of the best technical wrestlers in the world;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM

Also, this video does a good job of summing up Jimmy's decent into madness;

The Self Destruction of Jimmy Havoc

bjork

Check out Chapter 13 from last year, they had problems with the hard camera so uploaded the handheld footage to youtube for free - Jimmy has a crazy ladder match with Mark Andrews (the man he stole the PROGRESS title from) in the main event. Also, Devitt (Finn Balor) vs Zack Sabre Jr, who's one of the best technical wrestlers in the world;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM

Also, this video does a good job of summing up Jimmy's decent into madness;

The Self Destruction of Jimmy Havoc

I bookmarked this post, will watch when I get home tomorrow morning after work.

I'm going in for my dream job interview. So nervous! I hope I don't blow it

Only blow it if that's a condition of employment, I say. Good luck!

Sephzilla

Damn, he's gone gone. Hopefully he can still finish Silent Hills but otherwise, bugger.

EDIT: Ends in December. Well fuck.

He'll be able to pick up his work on Silent Hills again after Konami completely collapses in 6 months and Kojima buys the IP.

I still don't believe it because I could totally see Kojima making a big work out of this. But if it's true, Konami is going to collapse fast because he was the last thing keeping them afloat.

Hasney

He'll be able to pick up his work on Silent Hills again after Konami completely collapses in 6 months and Kojima buys the IP.

I still don't believe it because I could totally see Kojima making a big work out of this. But if it's true, Konami is going to collapse fast because he was the last thing keeping them afloat.

Konami still makes a profit though, just outside of games (and PES, surprisingly still). Even the months with MGS V being worked on and nothing coming out, still managing to turn a profit.

RP912

Banned
NoRéN;156585979 said:
Build your own, man. Better value and you get the satisfaction of knowing you built it yourself.

This...

My current build is budget but it'll get the job done especially for Cities:Skylines.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let me cut through the bullshit in this, because there's a lot. Just taking the words apart says all you need to say.

- It appears WWE is really still bitter over The Young Bucks turning down a tryout in 2014. We’ve noted how WWE has applied to trademark the “too sweet” hand gesture, which is used by The Young Bucks and New Japan Pro Wrestling’s popular Bullet Club stable.
So it "appears" - but isn't necessarily the case. And WWE is trademarking something their dudes did. Non-news.

We also noted how Mark Henry apparently took a shot at the brothers during his SmackDown segment with Roman Reigns last week as he said you “young bucks” haven’t been anywhere, talking down to Reigns.
This is a common term, especially for someone from Texas like Mark. More speculation without anything behind it.

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted on his message board that people within WWE report the line by Henry was indeed done to take a shot at The Bucks.
Does this mean anything? "Did he do it on purpose? I don't know. Maybe? It sounds like the kind of thing Vince would do. I don't know."

Back in February, WWE posted a “Fury” video on YouTube that was the “Superkick Party” edition. There was some chatter that this was also done to take a shot at the brothers and apparently that is the case. The term “Superkick Party” has been used by The Bucks for some time now.
Another thing that means nothing. It's gaining traction due to the Young Backs, sure - but it's now a part of pro wrestling itself. That's like saying Okada's Tombstone is a tribute to the Undertaker.

We heard a few months back that the superkick move and the word “superkick” was being used on WWE TV a lot more. WWE has had restrictions on the move because it was once considered to be the sacred move of Shawn Michaels. There was talk within WWE that when The Bucks turned WWE down last year, WWE decided to up the use of superkicks in matches.
Riiiiight..."there was talk within WWE" - go fuck yourselves.

End of the day this is written to get people talking, not reporting a single goddamned
64bF5ts.gif

Here's my favorite part. That the copyright's a shot at the Young Bucks.

That it has nothing to do with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall both being in the HoF name and that they want to sell some shirts. No, it's a shot at the Young Bucks. The smarks who high five each other for every Meltzer driver 'bro you get that reference?' are the ones who think the WWE is getting worked into a shoot when Meltzer and the Bucks are the shooters that are working himselves into a shoot.

HH.

jmdajr

What was the best part about working for WWE?

Turning chicken(expletive) into chicken salad. I think that’s what the best workers always did. I think they took whatever idea they were given and they made it better. I think they take bad situations and bad ideas and make them palatable to the audience. I think they take bad material and shine it up and make it digestible. It was always a challenge because there’s so much content with them. There’s the three-hour Monday, there’s the two-hour Friday and now there’s NXT and there’s Superstars and there’s Main Event, and there’s all these shows, and just trying to stay entertaining and trying to be riveting and trying to reinvent yourself every night, just staying over with the fans. That was always at least, for the most part, creatively stimulating.

cm punk

Carnby

Only blow it if that's a condition of employment, I say. Good luck!

Lol.

The interview went well. It was really quick. I could tell it was a preliminary interview. They want to hire asap, so at least I'll know if I get another interview soon.

Top Bottom