• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How was I even remotely...
3Z1ArHs.jpg

"These people" code about Nintendo Poors. Classism.

Speaking about racism for a moment though I'm really torn on R-Truth. He is the most entertaining thing to happen to the commentary in a decade but he's also a super racist caricature.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"These people" code about Nintendo Poors. Classism.

Speaking about racism for a moment though I'm really torn on R-Truth. He is the most entertaining thing to happen to the commentary in a decade but he's also a super racist caricature.

He's self-aware. They gave him the ball, he ran with it, and then it hit too close to home, WWE was legit shook, and yanked his push.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's self-aware. They gave him the ball, he ran with it, and then it hit too close to home, WWE was legit shook, and yanked his push.

Does being self aware make it any better though? I'm glad the man is on tv and getting paid so I guess I should just be happy for him and happy that its so damn entertaining.

somedevil

Well we now know what match will be on the preshow:

5:00 p.m. EST (2:00 local time): WrestleMania 31 two-hour pre-show. Description: "The WrestleMania countdown ends here. Live from Levi’s Stadium, as 80,000 fired up members of the WWE Universe file in, an all-star panel of WWE Superstars and analysts host this insightful and entertaining final tribute to sports entertainment’s biggest event. This two-hour special event will include an exclusive WWE tag team championship match."

So card for Wrestlemania starting at 7pm will be:

Brock vs Reigns
Sting vs Triple H
Undertaker vs Bray
Rollins vs Orton
Paige and AJ vs Nikki and Brie
Rusev vs Cena
Ladder Match
Battle Royal

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was thinking earlier, at random really, about how sad I'll be when Mark Henry retires. He's had such an amazing career turn-around and even then, I been a fan since the Thuggin and Buggin days. I remember how much shit he got for the cage thing when he returned, but I loved it. I loved him putting Kurt through the table, I loved his look, loved him killing Kane, loved it all. For a guy who hit his stride in his late 30s, he's got a lot of great moments.

And frankly, I think he's one of the best promo cutters of all time. Not just of his time. I'd put him up there with Jake, Hogan, Dutty, Flairm and Macho in his own way.

You will not look at me cross because you know that I will break your face.

Alucard

Banned

Brock vs Reigns
Sting vs Triple H
Undertaker vs Bray
Rollins vs Orton
Rusev vs Cena
Ladder Match
Battle Royal

On paper, that's actually an enticing card. The main event is the least interesting match near the top, but there is some intrigue in terms of whether or not the E will get cold feet with Roman. It would only be fitting with how they've treated him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking earlier, at random really, about how sad I'll be when Mark Henry retires. He's had such an amazing career turn-around and even then, I been a fan since the Thuggin and Buggin days. I remember how much shit he got for the cage thing when he returned, but I loved it. I loved him putting Kurt through the table, I loved his look, loved him killing Kane, loved it all. For a guy who hit his stride in his late 30s, he's got a lot of great moments.

And frankly, I think he's one of the best promo cutters of all time. Not just of his time. I'd put him up there with Jake, Hogan, Dutty, Flairm and Macho in his own way.

Finally, a fellow Thuggin and Buggin fan.

Henry's lowest point was when MVP made him rap. His highest heights were not long after that. He's been given a new lease on life, and I love it. It takes just one segment for people to take him seriously again no matter how he gets jobbed out, which is something not too many others can manage to do.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mark Henry should be a beacon to everyone in the WWE. No matter how shit you are at wrestling, no matter how bad your promos are, no matter how much you disappointed your country at the Olympics, no matter how bad the gimmicks they give you to get you to quit from the 10 year contract they gave you that if you have that one shining moment you can pull it all together and that character and promo work trump all.

Hell HBK might be the best wrestler ever but he still couldn't cut a consistently good promo until he was 45.

klonere

Banned
Well at least he knows he is going to be cheered lot in his match and they will get time for the match as well.

Given the crowd Cesaro is going to be more over than Reigns. Poor dude.

Slowed down in my watching of 1997 Raws + PPVs but gotta say that heel Brett Hart is money. Knowing what it all leads up to later in the year makes it all feel like it really was 100% planned months in advance to screwjob him.

Ithil

Brock vs Reigns
Sting vs Triple H
Undertaker vs Bray
Rollins vs Orton
Rusev vs Cena
Ladder Match
Battle Royal

No surprise there. Expect the ladder match to open.

Xater

Brock vs Reigns
Sting vs Triple H
Undertaker vs Bray
Rollins vs Orton
Rusev vs Cena
Ladder Match
Battle Royal

Only interested and in the ladder match. Everything else is meh. Also giving away a title match on the pre-show basically tells you how worthless it is.

somedevil

Well now we know what happened with Zayn:

- Sami Zayn didn’t work the NXT house shows over the weekend because he is out of action due to a shoulder injury. No word on how serious it is or how long he may be out

He hasn't had a match since Feb 20th. So it seems both him and Owens won't be working the show during Wrestlemania.

Luckily the next taping is not till late April.

notworksafe

Weak. Now I'm seriously considering reselling my NXT tickets. With Sami and KO out, not sure what's worth seeing at that show. Nothing, really.

notworksafe

Maybe I just need to watch some recent stuff? Last NXT thing I saw was Takeover Rival.

Bull was lame, the emo crybaby he fought was lame, and I don't care about women's wrestling. I do like Owens and Zayn though. And Neville is pretty cool...I suppose he'll be there, right?

Xater

Maybe I just need to watch some recent stuff? Last NXT thing I saw was Takeover Rival.

Bull was lame, the emo crybaby he fought was lame, and I don't care about women's wrestling. I do like Owens and Zayn though. And Neville is pretty cool...I suppose he'll be there, right?

Sexist.

Hasney

Finn Balor
Hideo Not-Kojima
Tyler Breeze
Neville
Enzo
Big Cass
Charlotte
Alexa Bliss
Sasha

Helluva line up just with that

Kaladin

I would look for Neville, Hideo Itami and Finn Balor to be heavily featured on that show.

Top Bottom