• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

notworksafe

Ah shit I forgot about Balor and Itami...that's enough to convince me right there.

I'm back in there. Plus if going to local shows is anything to go by, wrasslin in person is always something cool to see. I guess this means that NXT will officially be my first live WWE wrassleshow, which is kinda cool.

Wait, what? She has always had a fair complexion in NXT....... She ain't Carmella or Summer

B6eBIXT.png

Kaladin

The Jimmy Jacobs story seems legit:

As we mentioned a few days ago in the Elite section of PWInsider, the word is that long-time ROH star Jimmy Jacobs has come to terms to come into WWE to work in a creative capacity. Jacobs has been at a lot of WWE TVs in something of a tryout in recent months and is expected to officially start sometime in April.

16BitNova

Just starting to watch and get into Lucha Underground. I'm liking what I see. I like the camera work, the matches, the whole setting. Also, male vs female wrestler matches. Yes! Plus they aren't afraid to be graphic. Really hope this gets more and more support.

Oh, and watching that casket match posted earlier made me think. WWE should invest in a wrestler like Mil Muertes (doesn't have to necessarily be him). A beast, powerful, muscular masked wrestler. A heel masked character. Dark, brutal, mysterious guy. Think Brock Lesnar with a mask. Just thinking out loud here, but I think it would be awesome and can go far if done right.

iMax

Oh, and watching that casket match posted earlier made me think. WWE should invest in a wrestler like Mil Muertes (doesn't have to necessarily be him). A beast, powerful, muscular masked wrestler. A heel masked character. Dark, brutal, mysterious guy. Think Brock Lesnar with a mask. Just thinking out loud here, but I think it would be awesome and can go far if done right.

zzxGFhC.png

Hasney

Just starting to watch and get into Lucha Underground. I'm liking what I see. I like the camera work, the matches, the whole setting. Also, male vs female wrestler matches. Yes! Plus they aren't afraid to be graphic. Really hope this gets more and more support.

When you say "if done right" about current WWE, you know it won't be.

Paracelsus

Rey is arguably the only masked wrestler to fully go over in WWE, and he did because he basically parroted Eddy's machismo schtick. Mask or not you need to cut promos, and WWE would want a masked guy to sell shit to the kids. Who would buy a monster heel's mask? Can you see Mil Muertes head-bumping kids wearing the same mask like Rey did?

More like headbutting.

jmdajr

Well we now know what match will be on the preshow:

So card for Wrestlemania starting at 7pm will be:

Brock vs Reigns
Sting vs Triple H
Undertaker vs Bray
Rollins vs Orton
Paige and AJ vs Nikki and Brie
Rusev vs Cena
Ladder Match
Battle Royal

one more match than last year. How do they save time besides screwing the Divas.

Vylash

Maybe I just need to watch some recent stuff? Last NXT thing I saw was Takeover Rival.

Bull was lame, the emo crybaby he fought was lame, and I don't care about women's wrestling. I do like Owens and Zayn though. And Neville is pretty cool...I suppose he'll be there, right?

bitch, don't talk shit about "The Lone Wolf Of NXT" Baron "End Of Days" Corbin

tumblr_nc5iuetLge1si9kpgo2_500.gif

Xater

Rey is arguably the only masked wrestler to fully go over in WWE, and he did because he basically parroted Eddy's machismo schtick. Mask or not you need to cut promos, and WWE would want a masked guy to sell shit to the kids. Who would buy a monster heel's mask? Can you see Mil Muertes head-bumping kids wearing the same mask like Rey did?

More like headbutting.

That's why toy have a face and a heel with masks.

16BitNova

More like headbutting.

I think it could go over. Just any other heel. The older crowd and teen crowd (and "smarks") will buy the merch. But, I already know I'm dreaming way beyond the realm of possibility when it comes to expecting these things from WWE. I really hope it gets better post Vince. No offense and all.

Kaladin

Wait till Kalisto goes to the main roster.

I fucking mark every time he does that Matrix hand stand reverse rana. He does it in the match against Tyler Breeze on this week's NXT if you want a reference point. Dude has a moveset that is incredible, and it makes his small size a dangerous advantage, rather than a disadvantage.

They call it a handspring headscissors takedown here:

https://youtu.be/CQDksM12JuY?t=35s

Toki767

175 bucks for limited view? Holy shit.

Yeah. I'm only going because my brother had an extra ticket so I didn't pay for it. No way in hell I'd pay close to $200 for limited view. Would rather just go watch it at home, which I'll probably end up doing anyway just to get a better view of matches that end up being good.

Xater

Yeah. I'm only going because my brother had an extra ticket so I didn't pay for it. No way in hell I'd pay close to $200 for limited view. Would rather just go watch it at home, which I'll probably end up doing anyway just to get a better view of matches that end up being good.

The prices they are asking for their shit shows are bonkers. Another reason to never go to a WWE show.

Top Bottom