• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

NoRéN

Just watched the grave consequences match in LU and it was great. The presentation, using Mexican tradition "día de los muertos" (day of the dead); Mil Muertes being brutal, biting Fénix; the blood, it made sense in this match and gave it a special feel of brutality; the arena, loved how the brawled all over the arena; the casket, liked how they only used it when it made sense and did not tried to rush their opponent in the casket.

This past shows LU showed how you book a cage and casket match, they are feud enders, not just another match, you do not want to escape or finish the match early, you want to punish your rival.

Well said. As I mentioned previously, the crowd loved the casket match. The Dia De Los Muertos imagery really lent to the significance of the match. Everyone could see that it was a big deal and the match did not disappoint.

Same with the cage match. It was a bit worrying since the cage eliminated both Cuerno's and Johnny Mundo's big moves and yet it was still a great match. Brutal, tactical, and completely worthy of ending a feud. Crowd went crazy for the match finish.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm trying to watch this luchador casket match, Sunflower, because I believe it's important to support a company that uses blood in today's pussified day and age. But man, the terrible lighting makes it impossible to enjoy the wrestling and the blood.

Bleeding in a dimly lit enclosed gymnasium? It don't get any more wrestling than that, friend. That's two steps from snuff.

You don't want to see my man Jun Kasai's bleeding back in some WWE HD cameras and lightning. You want that shit standard def even in 2015.

dope thx

bitch, don't talk shit about "The Lone Wolf Of NXT" Baron "End Of Days" Corbin

tumblr_nc5iuetLge1si9kpgo2_500.gif

tumblr_njgjxdZNsM1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My services are always available WWE. And the only fee you'll have to pay is the Thunder In Paradise episodes that weren't released on DVD.

Forkball

Oh, and watching that casket match posted earlier made me think. WWE should invest in a wrestler like Mil Muertes (doesn't have to necessarily be him). A beast, powerful, muscular masked wrestler. A heel masked character. Dark, brutal, mysterious guy. Think Brock Lesnar with a mask. Just thinking out loud here, but I think it would be awesome and can go far if done right.
So basically WWE needs to hire Bane.

bjork

There's something about not sleeping and spending hours in bed trying to do so before having to get up and go to work on no sleep that really just makes me want to lay down and die.

kiguel182

But all I know is that Roman Reigns was everybody's favorite guy until the Royal Rumble. And then everyone turned on Roman Reigns. It's so funny how two days before, and the year before, everybody loved Roman Reigns. Everybody. All the fans did.

Jericho really has the ability of making me respect less every time he opens his mouth. Is pretty amazing really.

Browny

Banned
Is it just me, or is Reddit and MetsFan a rumour mill of the biggest bullshit?

- We noted earlier this week via Reddit user MetsFan4Ever, who has broke several WWE stories in the past, that WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar was close to re-signing with the company and there was talk of keeping the title on him at WrestleMania 31. Then the idea would be to have John Cena take the United States Title and Daniel Bryan win the Intercontinental Title a a way to elevate both of those titles. It should be noted that this report is just a rumor for now.

MetsFan has posted an update and says another idea being tossed around is for Sheamus to make his surprise return in the Intercontinental Title Ladder Match at WrestleMania. According to this report, the feeling is that Sheamus will be cheered heavily but will "heel it up" throughout the match. At some point, Sheamus would cost Bryan the match and win the title.

This would then lead to a feud with a heel Sheamus vs. a babyface Bryan for the Intercontinental Title. It should be noted that this is another rumor but since his original report about WWE elevating both secondary titles, there have been signs from within WWE and from other sources that the reports could be true. He did add that this plan is less likely to happen than the original idea of Bryan winning the title but it is still being discussed

"It might be, or it might not."

No shit, fucko.

People liked Roman when he was protected and, when that protection was taken away, people saw how limited he was. Don't blame the fans because creative decided to expose Roman way before he was ready. Also, Jericho is a fucking idiot. Everything about him since his "I'm the best in the world at what I do" run has been awful and only served to tarnish his legacy, especially whenever he opens his fucking mouth or reminds everyone that he's a 44 year old man pretending to be a 22 year old rocker. DOUCHE!

Is it just me, or is Reddit and MetsFan a rumour mill of the biggest bullshit?

"It might be, or it might not."

No shit, fucko.

Metsfan is just an attention whore and it's kinda pathetic that wreddit continue to play the role of his adoring public. I can't stand that place, it's the fucking worst.

bjork

I hate fantasy booking "news." It was one of the first things I encountered on the internet. "Sabu/Flair/whoever rumored to be confirmed for the royal rumble!" Then none of them show up and it was the 96 rumble, so seeing one of those dudes would've been great. Boo, internet.

People liked Roman when he was protected and, when that protection was taken away, people saw how limited he was. Don't blame the fans because creative decided to expose Roman way before he was ready. Also, Jericho is a fucking idiot. Everything about him since his "I'm the best in the world at what I do" run has been awful and only served to tarnish his legacy, especially whenever he opens his fucking mouth or reminds everyone that he's a 44 year old man pretending to be a 22 year old rocker. DOUCHE!

He's the wrassler version of that one bowflex commercial dude. I'm in a band. I play in a rock band.

Xater

Metsfan is just an attention whore and it's kinda pathetic that wreddit continue to play the role of his adoring public. I can't stand that place, it's the fucking worst.

Real talk I like it.

Aiii

So not worth it

Not just Reddit, every copy/paste dirtsheet posts this as "WWE Insider metswhatever reports"

Turns out the guy worked as a creative assistent in WWE for like four months or something. Fair enough, it's a step above janitor, but still.

Browny

Banned
Not just Reddit, every copy/paste dirtsheet posts this as "WWE Insider metswhatever reports"

Turns out the guy worked as a creative assistent in WWE for like four months or something. Fair enough, it's a step above janitor, but still.

I'm not sure I'd consider any of the current 26 writers in WWE to be any better than a janitor. At least a janitor cleans up shit.

Ho ho ho

Also:

mrmix9Y.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan needs to get some balls.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Brie gets pregnant, keeps working for WWE E! on Total Divas and he retires to become a stay-at-home-dad.

That ambition test is gonna prove Vinny Mac right, I'm sure of it.

I'm trying to watch this luchador casket match, Sunflower, because I believe it's important to support a company that uses blood in today's pussified day and age. But man, the terrible lighting makes it impossible to enjoy the wrestling and the blood.

LU's lighting and overall setup are currently far better than TNA's. TNA also uses blood, but there's so much more to wrestling than blood.

Kaladin

How is a six man gauntlet match not the main event of the show?

That's one thing I like about NXT, they know when a mid-card match should go on last.

Alucard

Banned
Hey dudes. Anyone want 2 2nd row tix for the Toronto ROH Global Wars show on Sat, May 16th? 175 Canadian or 160 American for the pair. I paid around 179 after exchange rate.

klonere

Banned
Holy shit Austin actually turned up to the Raw the next night after Summerslam 97? Wasn't he nearly paralyzed after that botched piledriver? That's like dream levels of messed up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It didn't bother me too much but I will admit there were times I wish I could see better, when they were outside of the ring. Which happened a LOT.

Aiii

So not worth it
It didn't bother me too much but I will admit there were times I wish I could see better, when they were outside of the ring. Which happened a LOT.

Mweh, their whole gimmick is that they're an underground fighting league. They shouldn't be too flashy, while still being flashy enough to be a proper TV show.

Top Bottom