• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mweh, their whole gimmick is that they're an underground fighting league. They shouldn't be too flashy, while still being flashy enough to be a proper TV show.

I can still wish to see a little better when they're up high, etc. Just a wish.

bjork

Holy shit Austin actually turned up to the Raw the next night after Summerslam 97? Wasn't he nearly paralyzed after that botched piledriver? That's like dream levels of messed up.

He says temporarily paralyzed, and the feeling came back enough to where he could finish the match. I don't know a lot about neck injuries, but he couldn't get cleared to wrestle, so they just had him do stuff besides have matches for awhile. So maybe it was broken in a way that he could heal without giant headgear or whatever?

Browny

Banned
He says temporarily paralyzed, and the feeling came back enough to where he could finish the match. I don't know a lot about neck injuries, but he couldn't get cleared to wrestle, so they just had him do stuff besides have matches for awhile. So maybe it was broken in a way that he could heal without giant headgear or whatever?

I can't watch that match. Ever. I remember watching it live at stupid o'clock in the morning and thinking "your neck isn't supposed to do that".

bjork

I can't watch that match. Ever. I remember watching it live at stupid o'clock in the morning and thinking "your neck isn't supposed to do that".

It's a bummer for me because Owen was my favorite dude and the Harts had kind of a rep for being safe workers, at least in WWF. To hear later that Owen never called Austin after that, is kind of the one black mark I put in my opinion of Owen.

But it made me wonder about neck injuries in wrestling. Like when Pitbull 2 had the big metal thing attached to his head and shoulders, I thought it was a legit deal. But someone (maybe Franchise?) grabbed it and shook him around by it, so I was always ready to not believe injury storylines after that.

klonere

Banned

I was listening to his podcast yesterday where he explicitly mentions the incident (He said he was a quadriplegic for 15 seconds) . I thought it was at Survivor Series 97 not Summerslam. As soon as Owen just gets right up from the move and crosses his arms (is this a signal or something?) it just feels completely off. How Austin even managed to finish was a miracle.

Doesn't stop him from showing up next night AND them showing the injury again selling how brutal and awful it was was. Ick.

klonere

Banned
It's a bummer for me because Owen was my favorite dude and the Harts had kind of a rep for being safe workers, at least in WWF. To hear later that Owen never called Austin after that, is kind of the one black mark I put in my opinion of Owen.

But it made me wonder about neck injuries in wrestling. Like when Pitbull 2 had the big metal thing attached to his head and shoulders, I thought it was a legit deal. But someone (maybe Franchise?) grabbed it and shook him around by it, so I was always ready to not believe injury storylines after that.

Did he really not call after that? Austin really talked up Owen on the Network podcast with HHH, when they were talking about underrated workers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember seeing it and having forgotten that was the match where it happened. Threw my goddamn drink when it did, came out of nowhere for me.

bjork

I kinda wonder what they would've done if he had been permanently paralyzed. Like right in the middle of a PPV, what do you do? Just end the match and forget the stipulation and then that's it?

Aiii

So not worth it
I kinda wonder what they would've done if he had been permanently paralyzed. Like right in the middle of a PPV, what do you do? Just end the match and forget the stipulation and then that's it?

X-sign and match over, sure.

You can exactly pick him up and roll him into the ring or anything. So, just call for the bell and call it a KO-win or whatever.

Fox318

Big Show we need you to work a match 4 minutes long...

bigshowangry4gucw.gif

bjork

Just probably undid all the good I'd done for my body lately with one giant-ass meal. It's always been the habit to eat a ton on a shitty day... how do you break that kind of habit?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Every day is No-Gimmick for me, but some people have a hard time believing I love huge dudes.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just realised it's March 20th, and we're still in OT1 with only one week from Mania.

Shameful effort, friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No Gimmick post:

I love how Kobashi looks in a suit. He always looks like he's about to hulk out of it. A real Superman if you wheel, big daddah.

Bonus pic of Kobashi with admirer:
9luhRHV.jpg

Welp, I re-bought the network for $9.99 for rasslemania. Spent a total of $20 on pay-per-views this year (Including Summer Slam and free Survivor Series...watched Royal Rumble at a friend's house who also paid $9.99 and cancelled).

Pretty nice deal compared to the $69.99 we paid last year.

Hasney

There's only one head I am, people

ChesterMcCheeserton_display_image.jpg

I dabbled in it back in my sales job, fun times but not something I'd want to keep doing

jmdajr

I've never tried a non-prescription drug, I've had alcohol in shots maybe five times ever, I don't like beer. I do love sleeping pills, though.

I'm sure I've gotten somewhat affected by second hand pot smoke at a concert here and there. But no illegal shit for me either.

Worst has been almost dying from alcohol poisoning/blacking out. I only needed that lesson once.

Ambien is a trip. Thanks Doc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ambien makes me anxious and puts me in a near suicidal funk, I learned that a few weeks ago. Worst thing is it lasts for about a week. Zzzquil works fine.

Cagey

Banned
No-Gimmick Fridays sounds like a gimmick.

Who gimmick posts and who would cop to doing it?

I actually enjoy Roman Reigns and dislike the Young Bucks, so no, that's not a gimmick.

bjork

Ambien makes me anxious and puts me in a near suicidal funk, I learned that a few weeks ago. Worst thing is it lasts for about a week. Zzzquil works fine.

Temazepam is the king. I toss and turn a lot in my sleep, wake up repeatedly, etc. I took one temazepam after I'd been up for about six days and couldn't sleep... woke up 16 hours later without a single wrinkle in the sheets. I must've been dead. It felt great.

The problem is, I started with a showstopper. When I was taking OTC sleeping pills, I could pop like 4-5 unisom and not get a wink. So frustrating.

I'm gonna live on the edge and try a 502 from L.A. Pastrami..
Basically chilli fries with pastrami and roast beef. Gonna go Big Show on it.

Top Bottom