• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Updated the NJPW World OP with the schedule and match cards for March ~ April;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944164

Good news is that, as predicted, Invasion Attack will indeed by live on NJPW World. We also get Wrestling Hinokuni on April 29th, which seems like a smaller sister event to Wrestling Dontaku in early May.

Imre4i7.gif

jmdajr

Nyquil is awful. Wake up feeling terrible. Same with Tyleonol PM. Think it's the same ingredient.

Never had bad experience with Ambien. Wake up feeling fine and get a nice dose of feeling happy/goofy before finally going to sleep.

Hasney

Huh, I have the day off work after Mania, interesting. And a brand new TV I could watch it on.

Still would rather sleep

Will probably watch the Raw after Mania though. The crowd will make that one regardless.

4 title matches on the next NJPW PPV. A total of 1 Japanese guy wrestling in those matches.

It would be more, but Nakamura doesn't have a challenger for the Intercontinental title - so, expect him to get pinned by either Goto, Naito or Makabe to set up a title match for that Wrestling Hinokuni show. I'm guessing Naito.

That's great, and they're doing a show on the morning of Mania too.

Yeah, shame it's not a bigger event (Invasion Attack fell on Mania weekend last year, iirc), but it should still be a fun show to watch before Mania. Gonna be a hectic week of wrestling;

j2varC5.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All the Shinsuky fans are going ham on Bruce Tharpe on Twitter, and it's produced this:
YuTU9pi.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
It would be more, but Nakamura doesn't have a challenger for the Intercontinental title - so, expect him to get pinned by either Goto, Naito or Makabe to set up a title match for that Wrestling Hinokuni show. I'm guessing Naito.

Yeah, shame it's not a bigger event (Invasion Attack fell on Mania weekend last year, iirc), but it should still be a fun show to watch before Mania. Gonna be a hectic week of wrestling;

j2varC5.png

No selling the best show of the weekend. Hall of Fame is at 1 AM CET/Midnight GMT on the 29th as well. (I think, clock changes here that weekend, so should be 1AM instead of 2AM for 8ET on the 28th.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is it just me or are there less indies running this year than last? I know the New Jersey Mania had a ton because of all the promotions around there.

miserable

No-gimmick post: i haven't had a good sleep in over 15 years.I don't have a problem with falling asleep, but i always wake up after 3 or 4 hours then i struggle to get back to sleep.
Also, i can't sleep during the day, no matter how tired i am.

bjork

No-gimmick post: i haven't had a good sleep in over 15 years.I don't have a problem with falling asleep, but i always wake up after 3 or 4 hours then i struggle to get back to sleep.
Also, i can't sleep during the day, no matter how tired i am.

I'm only at about 8 years, but this is exactly the case for me too. And I work at night, which basically requires day sleep. It's not easy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't work nights if you can't sleep during the day, it will ruin you.

I can sleep during the day so I did fine working nights when I did (plus I'm naturally more active at night)

jmdajr

Waking up only once at night is about as good as it can for me. I wake usually twice on average.

I probbaly won't get a full night's rest until I'm dead or in a coma.

edit: oh yeah. The two year old is the random variable. If they sleep bad, you sleep bad. Luckily it's not often.

Aiii

So not worth it
IGN: I'd like to get your take on WrestleMania, if I could. At some house shows, Daniel Bryan's main eventing and Roman Reigns is in the mid-card. Do you think Reigns is currently ready for his match with Brock? Has he been positioned in the right way?

Jericho: Look, like I've said before, if you're going to give someone a shot, give them a shot. There've been tons of guys who when they've been put in the main event at WrestleMania might not have been quote unquote ready. Who's to say who's ready and who's not? Let's see how the crowd reacts when they get there. But all I know is that Roman Reigns was everybody's favorite guy until the Royal Rumble. And then everyone turned on Roman Reigns. It's so funny how two days before, and the year before, everybody loved Roman Reigns. Everybody. All the fans did. And don't tell me that you didn't because they were all saying "Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns...what? Daniel Bryan didn't win the Royal Rumble? We hate Roman Reigns! Boo!" And meanwhile, ever since then - I mean, we did house shows in Calgary and Edmonton and it was like Beatlemania. They were going nuts for him. And that was a week after the Royal Rumble. So I think that he is ready, as much as anyone can be ready in this day and age. So let's see how it goes. I mean the match he had with Daniel Bryan at Fastlane was incredible. And you can't tell me that it was all because of Daniel Bryan. Really? Because I always heard in the business that it takes two. And I think I've proven myself to be a fairly decent worker, so if I'm telling you it takes two, I think every fan should shut the hell up and listen to what I'm saying. He did a great job of living up to his end of the bargain and he'll do the same thing at WrestleMania. They will leave no stone unturned to make that a great match. They will get all the benefits. All the bells and whistles. And as long as they can hold it together, I think it's going to be great.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/20/chris-jericho-to-roman-reigns-haters-shut-the-hell-up

Jericho the corporate shill has to be a top contender for worst "falling from grace" wrestling personalities.

Cagey

Banned
Jericho overstates with "everybody" when "majority" would suffice, but he's getting blasted on this thread for stating an inconvenient truth.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jericho overstates with "everybody" when "majority" would suffice, but he's getting blasted on this thread for stating an inconvenient truth.

The inconvenient truth is Roman was doing fine until they pushed him far beyond his popularity.

When has forcing something that's supposed to be a natural evolvement ever worked, for anything?

Jericho's getting blasted for ignoring how badly Roman was exposed after leaving the Shield - people had misgivings about it from the start and, once WWE started clearly positioning him as THE guy, that's when they started to turn on him. Roman winning the Rumble only sealed the deal. And of course he bangs on about Roman's great reactions at house shows, that's the classic WWE defence as of late and it's not reason enough alone to outright dismiss and ignore everything the dissenters have to say.

XenoRaven

I feel like you're probably blind and deaf if you legitimately think it was Romanmania up until the Rumble and then everyone suddenly turned on him. It's also disingenuous to say that everyone who's mad about Roman winning the Rumble is only mad because Bryan didn't win.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I feel like you're probably blind and deaf if you legitimately think it was Romanmania up until the Rumble and then everyone suddenly turned on him. It's also disingenuous to say that everyone who's mad about Roman winning the Rumble is only mad because Bryan didn't win.
Most are tho.

That whole part where the crowd popped for guys like Ambrose, Mizdow and Ziggler, then booed when they were dumped out pretty much squashes that "hurr durr, only Bryan fans be mad" rhetoric.

Aiii

So not worth it
Most are tho.

Bryan was the only winner of the Rumble that made sense, given how he lost the title and he returned just to be in the Rumble. But that's hardly the whole story.

Did we forget how the Rumble finish was booked already? That Kane/Big Show bit was the absolute worst Rumble finish in -probably- all time.

JavyOO7

Ambrose was getting some intense cheers when his angle with Rollins started. It was a great time for my ears only for then the ball to be fumbled...

somedevil

If they wanted Reigns to win the rumble they should of not brought Bryan back until after the Rumble.

Plus with Reigns it was to fast and it killed his chance of organically getting over. He should of been fighting Rusev for the US title instead of Brock at Wrestlemania.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can guarantee you that if Bryan was 100% out of the equation, I'd still be entirely apathetic about Roman in the main event of the biggest show of the year.

Rollins, Ambrose, Rusev and Cena were all better picks over Reigns as far as potential and fan interest would go.

Had they spend last year given Cesaro the Reigns push, he would have probably been more liked as well, given how over he was getting at Mania and with that momentum and that push he would've been ready Mania for that push.

Cagey

Banned
It wasn't "up until the Rumble" and it wasn't "Bryan only". If you want to quibble with Jericho's statements at that granular a level, have at it.

Roman, Rollins, and Ambrose were massively popular in the Shield. They were massively popular when the Shield split. Big reactions.

Then The Dirtsheetz (sigh) started leaking "Reigns to win title at WM 31?" and later "Reigns v. Lesnar for title at WM31?". When that happened, it became a "guarantee" to (insert your preferred terminology for smarks) that Reigns was Wrestlemania main-event bound. That's when those who had liked Reigns turned on him: he was getting the spot that their absolute favorites (Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler) weren't going to get. Hate was on from that moment. When the Rumble had the dirtzsheetsz rumors confirmed, the hate was solidified.

That Roman is massively popular at house shows gets dismissed here because people here don't go to house shows, consider the fans who attend to be mark ass marks, and they don't count because it's not the real crowds like on TV. Then when the crowd on TV isn't in line with what they think, it's a "bad city" or a "mark city" or some other shit. It's some sad shit.

Bryan was the only winner of the Rumble that made sense, given how he lost the title and he returned just to be in the Rumble. But that's hardly the whole story.

Did we forget how the Rumble finish was booked already? That Kane/Big Show bit was the absolute worst Rumble finish in -probably- all time.

The Kane/Show bit tossing out everyone else was actually perfect, but of course the internet hates it because they hate Kane/Show and loved who they tossed out. Kane/Show tag-teaming should be able to destroy everyone. They're giants. They should be able to ragdoll toss people out. The only way Reigns or anyone should beat them 1-on-2 is if they fight each other and lose focus.

You're supposed to hate what happened. That's the point. They were heels, bro. The problem is you move beyond hating it as a fan to "well it's objectively bad storytelling", which is false, and which is a problem with fans today I don't want to rant about again.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/20/chris-jericho-to-roman-reigns-haters-shut-the-hell-up

Jericho the corporate shill has to be a top contender for worst "falling from grace" wrestling personalities.

Jericho with some revisionist history.

I'm not a Bryan mark but I don't really care for Reigns.

I don't think people realize that for the most part Reigns was cheered against Bootista because no one wanted Batista winning the Rumble that year and the Shield was super over.

Top Bottom