• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

klonere

Banned
Winner winner chicken dinner. The $2,000/seat ticket purchasers are suckers who will swallow and spend and bitch and spend and whine and spend some more. They should be abused like the masochistic abused whales that they are and NEVER pandered to. (Except by Triple H who will pander to them non-stop in his bid to get NXT over nationwide and crush the indy promotions.)

It's the casual fans who should be catered to. That and the whimsy of Vince McMahon's sense of humor. What a delightful old man he is!

I know that Vince seems to be happy enough driving ahead at what he's doing now given the feedback from what he feels really counts is positive (Summerslam is already sold out right? That is probably a Reigns main event) but how long until those Network numbers just don't start adding up? If Raw ratings stagnate at the level they are right now, does the TV deal they have even change? They "hit" a million but that isn't near the level where the Network is a viable service to replace the old PPV model right?

Basically how bad has it gotta get till we see Vince start pushing smark appeal buttons or is he just gonna ride this out till he's done.

Was Jericho super-shilling or does he just not watch the product anymore? I've been losing quite a bit of respect for him since he started doing these podcasts

Also just heard about those dudes having to change into cena clothes. Weird that they don't want people dressed up as some of their top former stars but they're fine with

WAHzH9l.png

Kaladin

WWE is in an odd place right now.

They're trying to build for the future, we can all see that. Tons of quality new superstars have been signed and are being brought in.

Yet, they still have the old guard standing their ground. Guys like John Cena, Kane, Big Show who should have been or be near retirement, not at at the top of the card as the companies main work horses.

It's hard to build up new guys like they're obviously trying to do while the old faces are fighting to keep their spot.

WWE is in an odd place where they're obviously trying with new guys, but the established names that have always been reliable are still there, if only for once a year.

rrc1594

I can't wait for WM, not because of the event. It's my first WM with Gaf and you guys make WWE 10x more enjoyable. I can't wait till the gifs

XenoRaven

Is there some sort of weird Roman Reigns fan alliance where they all have Taylor Swift avatars?

Is Taylor Swift the Roman Reigns of pop music?

Pizoxuat

Nyquil is awful. Wake up feeling terrible. Same with Tyleonol PM. Think it's the same ingredient.

Never had bad experience with Ambien. Wake up feeling fine and get a nice dose of feeling happy/goofy before finally going to sleep.

Have you tried Advil PM? Tylenol is terrible shit, gives a lot of people rebound headaches. So it could be the Tylenol that's making you feel bad.

This might sound like some Daniel Bryan hippie shit, but you could try valerian root. You can get it in capsules or in tea. Very mild sedative, will not knock you out by any means, but generally relaxing enough to let you get to sleep.

RP912

Banned
All this bloodshed and lack of FnP'fullness over Roman fucking Reigns...

for a dude that's meh on the radar...he's the hottest thing next to sriracha.

On my way to Vegas. Maybe I should go hit up Disco's wrestling venue if it's happening. Just to go check out Ricker and ask him what happen with NXT

Ithil

We've talked about it already and I want to say it again - 2002 WWE is mental. Who was on the writing staff at this time? Vince & Steph?

Heyman, for Smackdown, I believe. At least later in the year.
Along with Stephanie, which obvious led to immediate problems.

jred2k

The WWE social media team is not great at geography. I live in Ontario, Canada and just got an email for WWE Live being in Ontario, California this weekend. I can picture someone at the head office looking at a map and saying "Ontario, Canada. Ontario, California. Meh. Same difference."

Do people in London, England ever get emails about London, Ontario shows?

notworksafe

The only thing notworksafe is going to be the state of Barack Lesnar when Reigns is done with him.

I hope you have your bucket of disappointment ready, friend. It's not going to be pretty.

If it all goes sour, I'm going old WCW style and throwing my beer into the ring. That won't be pretty.

And you can balee dat, friend.

Kaladin

The WWE social media team is not great at geography. I live in Ontario, Canada and just got an email for WWE Live being in Ontario, California this weekend. I can picture someone at the head office looking at a map and saying "Ontario, Canada. Ontario, California. Meh. Same difference."

Do people in London, England ever get emails about London, Ontario shows?

That's probably a software issue. They likely have the e-mail list set to send you live events related to Ontario rather than "Ontario, Canada". It makes their software easier to program and it won't usually cause a glitch, but in rare cases like yours it will.

Top Bottom