• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

notworksafe

Was taking with a friend yesterday about wrestlers who've gone through short (or bald) hair phases and long hair phases and which guys looked better as which. Here's what we came up with

Better with Longer Hair
Edge
HHH
Taker
Rock (cause he looks lame as a baldy)
Kevin Nash

Better with Shorter Hair/Bald
Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Christian
Stone Cold
CM Punk
DBrine

What do you guys think? Note that this isn't about their character/in-ring performance at the time of their hair length but just how it looks on them.

This is pretty neat, there's like 100 images in here so I'm going to throw out a few favourites.

026_aTAKER_01231994_0003-1534824490.jpg

Raising the dead or looking for a fight? perhaps both

075_sTAKER_02091999_0061-4013851912.jpg

Ministry Taker being too cool for explosions

076_TAKE_02012012dog_0359-906160711.jpg

The creepy Triple H chamber before he turned that chair into a barbers chair, rewatching that WM28 match that much had adverse effects I imagine, I barely made it through twice!

024_LEON_02192009MM_1224-924330441.jpg

Cool visual, all of this serves to remind me that Taker is a pretty rad wrassler.

Was taking with a friend yesterday about wrestlers who've gone through short (or bald) hair phases and long hair phases and which guys looked better as which. Here's what we came up with

Better with Longer Hair
Edge
HHH
Taker
Kevin Nash

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Christian
Stone Cold
CM Punk
DBrine

What do you guys think?

I don't know until I see it, but I picture Roman Reigns would look way better with Nathan Drake hair. Bret, Ziggler, and Rollins are literally the only people on the planet that can pull off wet hair.

Paracelsus

Better with Longer Hair
Edge
HHH
Taker
Kevin Nash

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Christian
Stone Cold
CM Punk
DBrine

What do you guys think? Note that this isn't about their character/in-ring performance at the time of their hair length but just how it looks on them.

Jericho I disagree on, 2000 Jericho was pretty good. Also, Taker was good with long hair only before he went badass, then his hair got more natural, and by that I mean garbage.

jred2k

Better with Longer Hair
Edge
HHH
Taker
Kevin Nash

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Christian
Stone Cold
CM Punk
DBrine

Bolded the ones I disagree with.

Trips looks way better without the long hair and current day short-haired silverfox Kevin Nash is maybe the best he's ever looked. Kurt Angle looks terrible with the bald head. Bald headed Kurt Angle just looks like he simultaneously given up on everything, but wants to kill everybody before he goes.

Kaladin

When it comes to being the character and living the part, Undertaker was the best.

When he walked into an arena, you could feel it in the air.

When they talk about the unteachable presence that some wrestlers have and some don't, Undertaker was the embodiment of that.

Xater

Better with Longer Hair
Edge
HHH
Taker
Kevin Nash

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Christian
Stone Cold
CM Punk
DBrine

HHH looks like a badass without hair, so disagree there.

notworksafe

I don't know until I see it, but I picture Roman Reigns would look way better with Nathan Drake hair. Bret, Ziggler, and Rollins are literally the only people on the planet that can pull off wet hair.

We actually talked about Reigns. My friend agrees with you but I think he works well with long hair, especially when he throws back his head and does that howl or whatever.

But it's hard to say until he actually cuts it, you're right on that.

When it comes to being the character and living the part, Undertaker was the best.

When he walked into an arena, you could feel it in the air.

When they talk about the unteachable presence that some wrestlers have and some don't, Undertaker was the embodiment of that.

Richard Fliehr has spent his life being Ric Flair

he probably shouldn't have though

I always felt Rick Rude's persona was pretty powerful

Kaladin

Kevin Owens @FightOwensFight

One year ago today, I stepped foot in the @WWEPerformCtr for the first day of my tryout. Today, I walked in as @WWENXT champion…Not bad!

Can't wait for Owens on the main roster.

Kaladin

Richard Fliehr has spent his life being Ric Flair

he probably shouldn't have though

I always felt Rick Rude's persona was pretty powerful

That's easy though, he got caught up in the rich and famous lifestyle and couldn't leave it.

Undertaker is a true character though, not something you come across in real life.

notworksafe

I'm surprised on the love of buzzcut HHH. My personal favorite HHH is leather jacket + demin vest HHH. Though Corporate HHH is pretty high on the list.

klonere

Banned
Holy moly the venue for IYH: Ground Zero is tiny, alongside the complete lack of sets for any of the shows I guess they hadn't quite pulled out of their slump yet by the end of 97. The pyro at the start of Raw had more production effort to it than all these IYHs.

XpirOFD.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe i should start watching Lucha Underground.That was pretty good.But what's up with the pajama pants?

I think it's meant to look more old school, throwback look. But it's thrown waaaaay back.

Better with Longer Hair
Edge
HHH
Taker
Kevin Nash

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Christian
Stone Cold
CM Punk
DBrine

Early Prototype Cena with the Guile cut look was dope.
Long Hair HBK was cool
Long Hair Smash and British Bulldog
Short Hair Show

At this point, I don't even care if Lesnar or Reigns wins at Wrasslemania, because I can't see any way Rollins doesn't cash in the next night and win it in the most chickenshit way possible. It'll be glorious.

Hiya friends, it's been a busy day. I miss anything?

Bryan and Dredd fans tryna get themselves over in vain, people shoot working themselves into being marks, Glee series finale on tonight thank god, and us East Coasters getting pummeled by snow again for some reason. Probably missed nothing important.

Kaladin

Can't wait for him to get buried and fed to Reigns.

I get tired of this complaint. Yeah, we know they haven't done well with SOME NXT talent in the past. But there has been NXT talent they have done great with.

They know when they have a star, and they know when they have a mid-card work horse.

Quit waiting for them to fuck someone's push up and enjoy what we have.

Ithil

I get tired of this complaint. Yeah, we know they haven't done well with SOME NXT talent in the past. But there has been NXT talent they have done great with.

They know when they have a star, and they know when they have a mid-card work horse.

Quit waiting for them to fuck someone's push up and enjoy what we have.

Rollins is doing quite alight, as an NXT graduate.

Kaladin

Exactly. As well as guys like Rusev, Harper, Wyatt, Ambrose and yeah, even Reigns.

Also, Seth Rollins was trained to be a champion when NXT was FCW. He held the FCW 15 title for a while and all those defenses were 15 minute iron man matches.

Harper and Ambrose could be argued, considering one held one belt since his trio split and he lost every match with it including his only defense, and the other has lost every single PPV match since his trio split

Goddamn that whole gauntlet was fun. It actually treated the title seriously, and hopefully that's the direction they go with from now until WM...and then after that, but I'm not holding my breath. J and J Security ACTUALLY BEING A SECURITY TEAM rules. I'm going to just go with a theory though that everyone involved was just hired by Noble to make himself feel like a big deal.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/wwe-smackdown-3-19-15.html

Screens -

"Okay, so we need THE MOST ASIAN FONT EVER!"

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ddzyf1rrsv2lnh5b3kswl44edq2m49wh

Seth and Dean shouldn't really count as indicators of NXT being a successful training setup - they made their bones elsewhere and fine-tuned things in developmental.

klonere

Banned
Alright so I'm gonna say that the McMahon/Austin feud really started at the Raw after IYH: Ground Zero, where he has to drop the IC Title. Gets really up in Vinces face and after stunning Slaughter. Great line where Austin says "You says thats an order, this is an order, order, order all you I see you ordering son is a bunch of cheeseburgers!". Commentary really plays up the angle during and afterwards. Its really interesting to see all the pieces that make up the Attitude come together so disparately.

iMax

According to Wrestling Observer, WWE is pushing internally for next year's WrestleMania main event to be...
ROCK VS BROCK

Top Bottom