• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Kaladin

People only say he has presence because they say it on TV about 20 times every time he has a match.

I've seen him live, and he definitely has a sort of confidence in himself that other NXT rookies at his level lack....he has the presence they talk about. It's not just hype.

Carnby

Hotline Miami 2 is so much better than the first. The story and gore are surreal. It's not psychedelic, it's psychodelic.

And the music! My god, the music is incredible!

Kaladin

Definitely not coming through on TV.

It's not going to when he's shown more in his entrance and exit than in the ring. He's not even really given promo time.

Don't get me wrong, he's still green....you can tell he hasn't been training long. But he does have the presence they talk about.

Yeah, as much as Rey's probably hurting over this, this isn't his fault. Perro just took the move wrong and it cost him.

It's similar to Misawa being killed by Akitoshi Saito's backdrop. The backdrop may have been what killed him, but Misawa's body was basically destroyed by that point, and that move was just the straw. Saito was on suicide watch for weeks but NOAH stood behind him, as well they should have.

somedevil

Well you want to know someone who is really green. Its Koya from Impact wrestling. He had a real bad day yesterday.

First he is in a heel group that a rip off of Bray Wyatt so when they come out he starts slapping fans hands:

w80YpRB.gif

Then my favorite. Trying to fold a plastic chair and then paying for going for the wrong chair:

RP912

Banned
Damn...

RIP Perro :(

I only seen a few matches with dude and was impressed. My condolences to the family and I know Rey is fucked up from that incident.

It brings me to another point....should the wrestling business changed the whole "the show must go on?" policy?

Imo they need to put a end to it because it's bad enough you have fans that are observing a terrible incident such as this and the Owen Hart tragedy, and it's better to take the lost and give out refunds for the respect of the fallen and the audience that attended the show.

GolazoDan

Yeah, as much as Rey's probably hurting over this, this isn't his fault. Perro just took the move wrong and it cost him.

It's similar to Misawa being killed by Akitoshi Saito's backdrop. The backdrop may have been what killed him, but Misawa's body was basically destroyed by that point, and that move was just the straw. Saito was on suicide watch for weeks but NOAH stood behind him, as well they should have.
I don't know if Perro took the move wrong. The move was a dropkick to the shoulder where all you have to do is fall on the middle rope. He's not done much wrong there aside from hitting the ropes too fast, maybe?

This is maybe the freakiest wrestling accident I've ever seen.

Hotline Miami 2 is so much better than the first. The story and gore are surreal. It's not psychedelic, it's psychodelic.

Isn't it more frustrating with the bigger levels though? That's why I'm holding off for now.

RP912

Banned

Eh...I enjoyed HL2 but HL1 felt complete imo. The game was so good and unique when it came out, but the soundtrack to HL2 blows the first one out of the water.

Another thing about HL2 is the horrible level designs. Some of those levels felt rushed and incomplete.

Ultratech

Sad news about Perro this morning. :(

Most videos on YouTube show him already unconscious on the ropes but I found one where it shows Rey giving him a dropkick onto the ropes. From the angle the video shows it doesn't look bad at all and I wouldn't blame anyone for not being able to tell he was injured. Rey didn't do anything wrong. He basically kicks him in the arm.

Edit: the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkO1AsTlVgU

The 619 doesn't even touch him. He's already out by the time he's on the ropes.

Yeah, once he hits the ropes, he's out.
Looks like he just took the dropkick and then his neck hit the ropes and he's out.

If you watch, Manik's trying to talk to him, but he quickly realizes he's out, then everyone else kinda catches on pretty quickly.

Sucks for everyone involved though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Those Undisputed movies are fucking bullshit. I kept having people tell me, 'Oh watch those if you like Martial Arts movies.' And I finally watch them and they're crappy fakey fake looking bullshit.

They're like the indie wrestlers version of Bruce Lee, Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung, and Jackie Chan movies.
That would be- any Tony Jaa movie

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys really think this Rey Mysterio on the Network stuff was planned like this? Come on. You're all wanting to hate WWE despite this content and scheduled tweets being planned more than a week ahead of time. Jeez, get a grip. "Oh, no surprise WWE saw him trending" come on. Come the fuck on.

dream

Okay, AAA or CMLL or whatever promotion has to turn Rey Misterio heel and push him as a killer luchador. The problem with luchado rudos is they're often too comical to be truly scary. Rey just killed a man in the ring, and this could finally make him a believable monster rudo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm looking at it the other way Sunny. The WWE clearly knew Rey had evil intentions in his heart and decided to no longer work with him for the safety of their young and upcoming stars like Sin Cara.

Kaladin

Regardless, WWE have a social media team, those guys should have been aware of the hugely tragic situation dominating wrestling talk on social media today.

They have a social media team alright, and they're thinking "Hey, Rey is in the news today....we'll get some hits and maybe some new subscribers wanting to see his story."

Kaladin

It's unfortunate, dude just passed out in the middle of the match, doesn't seem like there was any cause from something happening in the match. He was out before he hit the ropes for Rey's 619 move.

It looked like they were supposed to do a double 619 spot but even Rey could tell something was wrong and went over his head.

UberTag

Regardless, WWE have a social media team, those guys should have been aware of the hugely tragic situation dominating wrestling talk on social media today.
More like they have a tone deaf social media team that Sunny will happily make excuses for.

dream

I think once the shock wears off, people will see how good this is for Rey as a late-career game changer. I suspect Perro Aguayo Jr., as a second-generation luchador, would agree.

Carnby

Isn't it more frustrating with the bigger levels though? That's why I'm holding off for now.

I didn't find it frustrating. Once you get everyone's attention, they all rush you. At that point you can shoot them all and rack up ten hit combos. you definitely need to use guns more than part 1, where I barely used them.

Wait wait wait... Someone died from the 619?!

Edit: Just saw the video. It's nauseating. I know we all rag on WWE for having doctors jump in to matches all the time, but I'd rather have that than people wrestling around a corpse. :x

Was that Rey's first match back?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It would be stupid to yank the scheduled content from someone that was IN a tragic match. It's not tone deaf. Rey is not a fault. Christ.

GolazoDan

Okay, AAA or CMLL or whatever promotion has to turn Rey Misterio heel and push him as a killer luchador. The problem with luchado rudos is they're often too comical to be truly scary. Rey just killed a man in the ring, and this could finally make him a believable monster rudo.
Huh.

Perro Aguayo was one of Rey's best friends, btw.

Wait wait wait... Someone died from the 619?!
No. Rey didn't touch him with the 619.

It would be stupid to yank the scheduled content from someone that was IN a tragic match. It's not tone deaf. Rey is not a fault. Christ.

Their tweet was literally in the middle of a bunch of sites reporting on Perro's death and wrestlers & fans alike tweeting their shock and condolences. It couldn't have been more poorly timed.

*edit, not to mention that Rey was trending because of scumbag sites and their clickbait titles like "Rey Mysterio kills wrestler with 619".

UberTag

Did anybody say Rey was at fault? No, they did not.
What's being criticized is the WWE using Rey's involvement in a tragic accident to sell Network subscriptions.

And deviating from a schedule to ensure that people don't mistake you for exploiting a tragedy for your own financial gain would NOT be stupid. It IS tone deaf.
Just substitute one of the 100 or so guys that are currently under contract and on your roster. It's not hard.

kirblar

Yeah, once he hits the ropes, he's out.
Looks like he just took the dropkick and then his neck hit the ropes and he's out.

If you watch, Manik's trying to talk to him, but he quickly realizes he's out, then everyone else kinda catches on pretty quickly.

Sucks for everyone involved though.
Just rewatched this (not fun) - it's the bump, not the dropkick, rope, or 619. He gets dropkicked, goes to the second rope, but then his head goes forward and back incredibly quickly- that's where the whiplash occurs and he's dead on the spot. Horrible freak accident.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did anybody say Rey was at fault? No, they did not.
What's being criticized is the WWE using Rey's involvement in a tragic accident to sell Network subscriptions.
And deviating from a schedule to ensure that people don't mistake you for exploiting a tragedy for your own financial gain would NOT be stupid.
Just substitute one of the 100 or so guys that are currently under contract and on your roster. It's not hard.
This is so dumb

Top Bottom