• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Man the Perro Aguayo stuff is scary as shit because of how seemingly innocuous it seems. The bumps in that video look like the kind of shit you see dozens of times a night yet somehow he ended up with a broken neck and dead. Wrestling is some scary shit.

Vylash

NqrkHh7.jpg

CIl4R0D.jpg

scabro

Man the Perro Aguayo stuff is scary as shit because of how seemingly innocuous it seems. The bumps in that video look like the kind of shit you see dozens of times a night yet somehow he ended up with a broken neck and dead. Wrestling is some scary shit.

apparently that was more of a "the straw that broke the camels back" situation for a lack of a more sensitive phrase, and a bump to the outside was what did the real damage.

UberTag

wrestling is pretty bad but FIFA are funding a World Cup that is using actual slaves to build stadiums and infrastructure
Big deal. The Egyptians used slaves to build the pyramids and we now revere those things as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Why should we hold FIFA to a higher standard than ancient Egyptian pharaohs?

As off putting dream's post is I noticed that Owen Hart's titantron at Survivor Series 97 was mostly a replay of him breaking Austins neck and the whole angle was sold on the fact that he nearly paralyzed a man for life.
Owen-Hart-Owen-3-16-shirt-back.jpg

Yeah, they really went full steam ahead with that angle. Owen's entrance music here was clearly the forerunner of Cesaro's current-day siren mess.

Then again, you know what they say about karma...

tumblr_mtx6dxUuXK1qfwz63o3_250.png

No, that's Kharma.

This is a photoshop, right?
It's 2015. It's highly unlikely to find a photo that isn't photoshopped to hell.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Owen's themes catch up to you. At first you're appalled by them, but after a few weeks they grow on you. Like eating a really ripe cheese for your ears.

He doesn't even look like he is putting his fists up with any level of aggression it's just like here you go. This guy aint ready for somebody trying to kill him.

Anth0ny

Most videos on YouTube show him already unconscious on the ropes but I found one where it shows Rey giving him a dropkick onto the ropes. From the angle the video shows it doesn't look bad at all and I wouldn't blame anyone for not being able to tell he was injured. Rey didn't do anything wrong. He basically kicks him in the arm.

Edit: the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkO1AsTlVgU

The 619 doesn't even touch him. He's already out by the time he's on the ropes.

Fuck, this is tragic. RIP Aguayo :(

I remember going to the Profile mode in WWF WarZone and listening to Owen's theme for quite some time.

Owen's entrance theme there is one of my favorite themes of all time.

Heel

his added agility at welterweight will only serve to improve his chances at a top 10 run, in my opinion.

CM Punk floats like a butterfly, believes in his Gracie Jiu Jitsu to circle and outpoint #10 ranked 170 lb. contender Kelvin Gastelum.

iqVcqWzfBfgI1.gif

Cole Miller doesn't just think CM Punk will be adequate as a UFC fighter, he thinks the former WWE star will be a winner.

"This guy doesn't just have a chance," Miller told MMA Fighting. "He's gonna kick somebody's ass."

Miller, a UFC veteran of seven years and 16 fights, has trained with CM Punk on multiple occasions and vouches for the divisive signee's skills on the ground. Miller is coming from a base of knowledge, too -- he's a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and one of the best grapplers in the lightweight division.

"I think he'll do very well," Miller said. "I don't think he's trying to make a 10-year career out of this. But he's going to shake things up, whoop some ass and prove a lot of people wrong. I expect him to do very well against whoever they put up against him."

Who are we to question the knowledge of MMA athletes? As Miller says, Punk may very well "kick somebody's ass".

Heel

It's hard to argue with Cole Miller, a 6'1" fighter that weighs 145 pounds yet somehow looks stronger than Phil "CM Punk" Brooks.

Ol3aYIG.jpg

UberTag

I just want a webcam stream on HHH's face when punk gets his face crushed.
They should run that feed live on the WWE Network directly opposite Punk's UFC debut.
Would actually get some people subscribing just to watch that immediate reaction.

You guys really think this Rey Mysterio on the Network stuff was planned like this? Come on. You're all wanting to hate WWE despite this content and scheduled tweets being planned more than a week ahead of time. Jeez, get a grip. "Oh, no surprise WWE saw him trending" come on. Come the fuck on.

Is being navie part of your character on here?

Cagey

Banned
Because he is a 38 year old man who trains 1 hour a day and spends the rest of his time watching hockey and calling into hockey podcasts.
For a guy who runs constantly and dislikes the weight room, he physically looks like his conditioning is shit.

T.R.O.Y.

Anth0ny

I don't understand how you have a body like that if your career is combat sports. He doesn't even drink or do drugs. Does he eat mcdonalds everyday or what? dude looks like he never did a sit up in his life

engage the core!

Analysis of a video of the entire fight with El Hijo del Perro Aguayo :

A video of the complete bout has made it's way online, which provides a greater picture of what happened before Aguayo collapsed. All four men are battling in the ring when Aguayo is nailed with a missile dropkick. He takes a bump that results in him flopping over and landing on his stomach. He returns to his feet and takes a head scissors from Mysterio, bumping outside to the floor, twisting his body while running to take the move and go through the ropes. Aguayo lands on the outside and returns to the ring and is dropkicked, resulting in him landing against the ropes in the traditional position to take the 619. It appears Aguayo may have suffered a spinal trauma while taking the bump to the outside of the ring, not realized it (possibly due to the adrenaline of performing) and worsened the injury taking the dropkick after he returned to the ring. Once he hits the ropes, Aguayo is completely out and it appears that since he landed in the normal position to take the 619, that greatly added to the confusion as initially one would think he was just selling.

Which video is that ?

iMax

Undertaker looked so much better a few years back. This photo's from 2010.

CAozGI_W8AAR7Gr.jpg

Actually, just kidding. This was taken two hours ago. Dude looks primed.

scabro

I thought we were past the body shaming, friends.

Punk may not be huge, but Seth Rollins has taught us that sometimes great things come in small packages.

The sport of Ultimate Fighting is due for another icon who can ignite the public's imagination in the power of proper form and technique. I believe Punk can be that icon.

iMax

I thought we were past the body shaming, friends.

Punk may not be huge, but Seth Rollins has taught us that sometimes great things come in small packages.

The sport of Ultimate Fighting is due for another icon who can ignite the public's imagination in the power of proper form and technique. I believe Punk can be that icon.

Rollins isn't big but he doesn't really need to be. His thick build performs well in the ring and has pretty decent vein coverage.

Undertaker looked so much better a few years back. This photo's from 2010.

CAozGI_W8AAR7Gr.jpg

Actually, just kidding. This was taken two hours ago. Dude looks primed.
It is amazing how much just coloring your beard can make you younger.

Rollins isn't big but he doesn't really need to be. His thick build performs well in the ring and has pretty decent vein coverage.
So this is how we do things in 2015, fellas?

Top Bottom