• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

I thought we were past the body shaming, friends.

Punk may not be huge, but Seth Rollins has taught us that sometimes great things come in small packages.

The sport of Ultimate Fighting is due for another icon who can ignite the public's imagination in the power of proper form and technique. I believe Punk can be that icon.

Punk isn't going to be an MMA icon - he's going to do a fight, and he's not going to be in the title hunt. He's going to be a non-title headline guy and that's a good role for him.

RIP Hijo Del Perro Aguayo.

Of the brief amount of AAA I've watched on YouTube recently, he stood out to me as the most talented performer on the roster.

Hex

Banned
I thought we were past the body shaming, friends.

Punk may not be huge, but Seth Rollins has taught us that sometimes great things come in small packages.

The sport of Ultimate Fighting is due for another icon who can ignite the public's imagination in the power of proper form and technique. I believe Punk can be that icon.

SuVTwSY.gif

Ugh... Now that I've watched another video of that match I'm wondering if Perro Aguayo Jr. suffered some kind of spinal injury from the headscissors Rey gives him right before the dropkick. :/

Caboose

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. Punk is probably gonna compete at least 20 pounds lighter than he was in WWE, and he wasn't much to look at even there.

Network is showing last years Hall of Fame. I didnt remember this but who the hell thought it was a good idea to follow Jakes speech with a Hornswaggle spot. So wahjah.

Hex

Banned
Ugh... Now that I've watched another video of that match I'm wondering if Perro Aguayo Jr. suffered some kind of spinal injury from the headscissors Rey gives him right before the dropkick. :/

After watching the full match video, that head scissors looked rough ...the twist did not look smooth at all.
It looked like he was slow getting up from that roll that he did, and may not have been set for the scissors and throw.
The dropkick whiplash effect was just I think what sadly took it.

Gonzalez

Banned

DMczaf

IIRC, they thought Jake's speech was depressing, so they sent the little people out there to "lighten the mood".

When shit gets real, Vince always gets scared. He loves to live in his carny ass world of Black people dancing and clapping and little people making him laugh.

Taker probably has a huge chip on his shoulder from last year. He looked like frail shit last year and his match with Lesnar sucked because he got knocked out early on. He's probably going to be a machine against Wyatt.

Watching some stuff from the past few years. I can't believe they gave the Shield their first loss on a random Smackdown. All that build and all the teams they beat, and you burn that off on a show nobody was watching? Would have meant so much more had the Wyatts been the first to do it at EC.

DMczaf

Watching some stuff from the past few years. I can't believe they gave the Shield their first loss on a random Smackdown. All that build and all the teams they beat, and you burn that off on a show nobody was watching? Would have meant so much more had the Wyatts been the first to do it at EC.

After reading and listening to many WWE stories, this seems like a reoccurring theme with Vince. He just randomly decides to do things like "Hey, lets do Brock vs Stone Cold on a random ass Raw for a KOTR QUALIFYING MATCH" or "Hey, lets do Triple H vs Batista on a random ass Raw because" or "Hey, lets have Roman's first loss be against Big Show on a random ass Raw"

Gonzalez

Banned
Taker probably has a huge chip on his shoulder from last year. He looked like frail shit last year and his match with Lesnar sucked because he got knocked out early on. He's probably going to be a machine against Wyatt.
I have a feeling Taker is going to squash Bray dead to make him look strong for next years Sting match.

Dean said they wanted to break up the Shield so much times before it actually happened, so their first loss could have been a lot worse than happening on just a random Smackdown. He even said Vince wanted Cena to get that first-win glory (albeit on PPV).

Guzim

Dean said they wanted to break up the Shield so much times before it actually happened, so their first loss could have been a lot worse than happening on just a random Smackdown. He even said Vince wanted Cena to get that first-win glory (albeit on PPV).
Wasn't there a story going around that The Shield didn't shake Big Show's hand or something stupid like that, and Vince wanted to break them up due to that?

I know its been said ten million times but I dont understand why they induct so many people every year. After Mr. T i was like okay..here comes Warrior. Nope Paul Bearer. Now Scott Hall is on. I dont remember any of this.

After reading and listening to many WWE stories, this seems like a reoccurring theme with Vince. He just randomly decides to do things like "Hey, lets do Brock vs Stone Cold on a random ass Raw for a KOTR QUALIFYING MATCH" or "Hey, lets do Triple H vs Batista on a random ass Raw because" or "Hey, lets have Roman's first loss be against Big Show on a random ass Raw"

"Let's have Charlotte randomly debut on Raw and have her get killed by Nattie in 2 minutes."

The tag title match has been confirmed for the Mania pre-show. Ladder match probably curtain-jerking.

People might be done watching the parts they want to see of Mania by 7:30

UberTag

When shit gets real, Vince always gets scared. He loves to live in his carny ass world of Black people dancing and clapping and little people making him laugh.
Vince is running a one-ring circus. And Cena is his ringmaster.

The tag title match has been confirmed for the Mania pre-show. Ladder match probably curtain-jerking.

People might be done watching the parts they want to see of Mania by 7:30
Suits me just fine. Get the good stuff out of the way before The Walking Dead finale.

Alucard

Banned
Interesting interview with Ziggler. Includes him saying he's better than Reigns and talking about Brazzers. From Fox Sports.

On WrestleMania 31 and his Intercontinental ladder match against six other superstars:

"I'm a bitter, chip-on-my shoulder guy who doesn't care about anybody else, but there's a little bit of that tiny wrestling fan inside me that gets excited to see Sting for the first time ever at a WrestleMania. Or to see if Undertaker's going to have his entrance or to see if I can go out there and, not just outdo myself and have fun, but it's like wow, millions of people watching, 80-something-thousand people are in attendance at this event. This is a huge monumental deal. And no matter how jaded or bitter you are, it's a very special thing, no matter who you are or what match you're in to, take a look out there for five seconds and look around and go wow, I'm a part of history."

On the backlash WrestleMania main eventer Roman Reigns has received from fans:

"All of those Shield guys, who came in protected, have done nothing but deliver, in my opinion, and I am a harsh critic of everyone. I wish I could be in the main event. I feel that I am better than Roman Reigns, but you know what? He hasn't wrestled as long as I have. And if he does anything that comes up short of delivering, I'll be all over his case and I'll be the first one to go on Twitter and go, 'Yup, told you it should've been me.'"

On his performance at the Royal Rumble:

"I was pissed. I was out there for a minute at the most and I was so disgusted with myself and so disappointed with the position I was in."

On how he deals with frustrations with his role in the company:

"You don't just go to your bosses and say, 'This sucks, I'm supposed to be winning everything.' If you have an awesome idea or a story, or something great, you go, 'Hey, how about we do this,' but when the story is not you, you have to find a way to make it work."

On attending the taping of the Justin Bieber roast:

"Martha Stewart kicked ass. She was great."

On balancing wrestling with his stand-up comedy career:

"I make sure to write every day, even if it's a little bit."

On adult website Brazzers recently making him an offer to sponsor his wrestling trunks:

"Twitter ranted about what I should do next. Brazzers offered me $10,000 and I could pick my partner if I would join them. So Brazzers has always been there for me."

Top Bottom