• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

I have a question.

Does Bray and Undertaker have a secret rundown at the NXT facility or at Mania to work on some spots, are they just expected to improvise, or do they just trust in them to hit a few main spots and they cover that on a phone call?

Taker owns a gym near his house. They do all the training there

Anth0ny

Speaking of which, Lapsed Fan podcast is on WM29, and Meltzer talks about both of these.

Vince jobbed him in his first match because "Vince wanted to prove his guys could beat UFC fighters". Vince is legitimately insane.

I just listened to that too and started cracking up at the gym. So Vince.

Imagine if Brock hadn't lost to anyone since his return. Imagine how much bigger the build would have been going into Mania last year to face Taker. Even though he's God King Lesnar right now, it would have been even bigger if he just murdered everyone in WWE since his return. too bad.

Also I've been listening to those Lapsed Fan podcasts. Pretty good listens, and perfect for workouts since they are 4+ hours long a pop (Mania 17 was 7 fucking hours). They've gone through every Wrestlemania weekly since September, and just uploaded their Mania 29 podcast yesterday.

I have a question.

Does Bray and Undertaker have a secret rundown at the NXT facility or at Mania to work on some spots, are they just expected to improvise, or do they just trust in them to hit a few main spots and they cover that on a phone call?

Taker has a place near his home that his opponents come to work with him in. Every move of every recent Taker match is planned out exactly. That was part of the reason that people were unsure if Brock would even face him last year. Brock wasn't so sure if he wanted to travel down to Texas multiple times to go over the whole match.

Alucard

Banned
So, this is an Eric Young shirt. Didn't know he was a Nashville Preds fan.

CAk3wZUUcAEUw0k.jpg:large

Oh wow that is really not expensive at all. I think I might have to do this some time.

Yeah although its a little more expensive for me since im in the Midwestern United States lol. But yeah i seriously may plan my European adventure around a PROGRESS show. Dont judge me people.

Alucard

Banned
Current Fave Five

1. Kota Ibushi
2. Fenix
3. Brock Lesnar
4. Johnny Mundo
5. Rockstar Spud

Honorable mentions:

Kazuchika Okada
Prince Puma
Tetsuya Naito
Shinsuke Nakamura
AJ Styles

Alucard

Banned
Despite the somewhat tepid build, I can say that at this point I'm actually excited to watch Wrestlemania. The card has the potential to deliver some memorable moments and matches. Might do the pub thing or the theatre thing for this.

DMczaf

I'm excited to see Sting wrestle in a WWE ring now after last Monday.

Other than that, meh.

Oh, and for the final night of God King's reign :(

To me this Wrestlemania will probably end up having a lot of good action, even if the main event probably won't be good. The ladder match, Sting-Triple H, Rusev-Cena, and even Bray-Taker will probably all be anywhere from decent to great. And it'll be fun to watch 60,000 people boo the hell out of the main event.

Alucard

Banned
Sabin just posted: "Hard work and dedication pay off. Last road trip with my friend." (Jimmy Jacobs, newest member of the NXT creative team, probably starting in April)

CAqV8zQU8AA9H_z.jpg:large

UberTag

Been thinking about which NXT guy will end up in the Andre. It has to be either Neville or Balor. For weeks everyone has thought Sheamus is winning it, so I think it's be fun if it came down to him and the NXT guy. Then the NXT guy wins. Gives a boost to a debuting guy and creates a ready-made feud and gives Sheamus a reason to turn heel. I think that scenario best fits Balor, but it could work with Neville too.

Of course, none of that will happen. Sheamus will win.
Give D.Brine the IC title ladder match win.
Give Balor the Andre battle royal win.
Have both guys feud with Sheamus and Barrett in a 4-way rivalry over the IC title.
Give them main event slots on TV. Instant credibility for the belt.

jeezus cesaro had a garbage haircut

Every version of Cesaro with hair looks like garbage. Embracing the baldness was the best decision he's made.

The suit. The haircut. Everything.

It's a GIF of awfulness.

Truly Euro, friend.

Its just 2 Swiss to catch on.

that gif has the potential to kill off any cesaro mark out there

It's called the Matt Hardy

Jealous of the best-dressed man in wrestling? Thought so.

Superstar-Claudio-Castagnoli-In-Ring1.jpg

02.jpg

editorial-head-to-head-to-head-with-wwe-tna-and-roh-20091222015820954.jpg

full.jpg

AgitatedJoyfulCrow.gif

DirtyOrangeBelugawhale.gif

somedevil

Hijo del Perro Aguayo cause of death according to Mediotempo.com

The cause of death for Aguayo was a stroke caused by cervical spinal damage. The medical report says he suffered from whiplash.

So somewhere during the match he got whiplash that caused spinal damage that led to him having a stroke.

Top Bottom