• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

TNA has been good for the better part of two years now. They had an incredible 2012 and are really hitting their stride on DA.
Aces.jpg

A&8s makes Bullet Club look like the NWO. Doc was one of their better members!
tna has a ripoff bullet club as their main faction and we're talking about them being good?
The Beat Down Clan.

i lol every time

Drew vs Strong cage match was great, a brutal match between two guys that hate each other. The cage was a mess and looked really insecure, but that gave a special flavor to the match. Loved how Drew used the cage as a weapon, reminded me of hes last elimination chamber match in WWE. The finish sequence was brutal, Strong just hammered Drew down. One of my favorite matches of the year and a contender for feud of the year.

You can watch for free the first match in the rivalry:

Drew vs Strong, Evolve 35

XenoRaven

TNA has been good for the better part of two years now. They had an incredible 2012 and are really hitting their stride on DA.
The problem with this is that even if it's true, we've been down this road with TNA before. People say "It's been really good for the past year! Things are looking up!" And then it somehow spirals into an abyss incompetence.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Found my old TNA Raven dvd and rewatched it.

Jeff Jarrett as a babyface. One of the worst ideas of all time. I always thought Vampiro's TNA look was money also.
hqdefault.jpg

PMAMZom.jpg

Best I could find.

Laughing at this comment I found on a wrestling site.
Jericho saying he was one of the biggest dicks he ever met in his book - and I trust his opinion because he is one of the classiest, most honest guys in the opinion

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA was awful in 2013 and almost all of 2014 and only has one match worth watching in the entire Destination America run so far.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Spud/EC3 is definitely one of the best matches all year along with Brock/Cena/Rollins at Royal Rumble but this week and two weeks ago were pretty shitty.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time I watch bad 90s budget action movies that came in the wake of the Chan/Van Dammes/etc I think, 'This must be what Davey Richards watched growing up. This explains so much.'

UndefeatablePoster.jpg

Gonzalez

Banned
Every time I watch bad 90s budget action movies that came in the wake of the Chan/Van Dammes/etc I think, 'This must be what Davey Richards watched growing up. This explains so much.'

UndefeatablePoster.jpg

You know I'm starting to get real sick, and tired of this unnecessary Davey bashing. I get he tends to go at a 100 MPH, when he should be going at 65. Yes I know he tends to no sell a lot. ...And yes he does yell out his opponents name before he hits them with a lariat. But try telling me the man doesn't have a passion for this business! THE BUSINESS THAT I LOVE!!!

If I ever see you in person Data West, I'm showing you...

*Puts out arm, extends index finger, sticks out thumb, turns hand at a 90 degree angle*

...NO REMORSE!!!

*Throat slash*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bet when Davey and Eddie go to the gym together, they rip their shirts off and throw them on the ground, and Davey makes faces like these
images

followed by a bunch of GRRR ARRRRGHHHH

DMczaf

So Roman is a week away from main eventing WM, but they don't even have him main eventing a house show in Anaheim last night (5th match on an 8 match card)?

DBry main evented with Cain

Gonzalez

Banned
I bet when Davey and Eddie go to the gym together, they rip their shirts off and throw them on the ground, and Davey makes faces like these
images

followed by a bunch of GRRR ARRRRGHHHH

I'm not some pussy who thinks about other guys working out, Data West. I think about manly things. Like the way Davey makes love. I imagine it being an amazing 5 star experience for the ladies, with exciting near climaxes that go on forever.

*Sigh*

A man can dream.

So we just go the WWE Network in my household finally.... for one month. :p

Compare paying $29NZ for a WM PPV I'm not particularly looking forward to and like $13NZ for the network for a month + a WM I'm not particularly looking forward to and you can see how I came to that decision.

I was sad to find NXT season 1 wasn't on there, and 2011 Raws/Smackdowns. :(

But oh well, WCW!!!!! Oh how I've missed you. Gonna start with Uncensored 97 which was the first WCW anything ever screened in my country! I have such good memories of it lol.

This is gonna be the greatest night in the history of TV watching.

klonere

Banned
So I mentioned Rock vs Austin originally being over the IC belt

Well on the next Raw the NOD surround the ring sans Rock. Austin stuns D'lo then goes after Kama. Rock runs down to the ring and

steals
the
belt

R-Truth was just trying to show Vince that he can be a better Rock than Reigns

Alucard

Banned

They're in England for this set of tapings - they always do really well there. They'll be back to a few hundred for the Orlando stuff they just taped.

Eh, I have to strongly disagree about TNA being good for the better part of the last 2 years. The Aces and Eights were mostly garbage until Bully revealed himself, and even then they had some awful segments. Everything going into the Magnus/AJ story was also pretty bla, but I really enjoyed TNA's summer 2014 run, EY's short-lived but well-booked (yes, better than D-Bry) face run, Lashley's first title run, and these past two episodes have been entertaining as well.

The true test will be how they come off once they return to Orlando, and how long they can sustain any type of positive momentum. The further. They get away from the AJ debacle, the more fans will be willing to give them a chance...again.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, I'll firmly stand by my opinion that almost everything TNA did post WWE's Wrestlemania up until Summerslam shat all over the WWE in 2014.

Aces.jpg

A&8s makes Bullet Club look like the NWO. Doc was one of their better members!

The Beat Down Clan.

i lol every time

BDC isn't a Bullet Club ripoff in the slightest. They're the BDC because MVP called the group the Wu Tang Clan of wrestling for MONTHS before their formation, and they can't use that name obviously, so they went with Beat Down Clan.

Now EY as "the bearded babyface" was a total blatant ripoff of Bryan's push, and was groan-worthy at the time to EVERYONE.

New Perro info from Observer Radio - one of the doctors who treated him at the hospital said he had vital signs at the hospital, so he didn't die in the ring. Perro died of a heart attack caused by the neck injury.

CMLL and Lucha Underground did a tribute to Perro, while WWE has done nothing on it.

Alucard

Banned
Excited by the feedback for the latest LU tapings. Sounds like another great round of television is coming up.

The only thing I hope for more of is presenting Puma as a legit champion. He's been lost in the shuffle over the past month.

They've also hurt Cage's momentum - but it all fits into the Konnan storyline too. Sad that we're not getting anymore videos of Konnan forging A BADASS PIMP CANE!

Alucard

Banned
Spud/EC3 is definitely one of the best matches all year along with Brock/Cena/Rollins at Royal Rumble but this week and two weeks ago were pretty shitty.

I thought the Ultimate X, Knockouts, and main event matches were all good this week. They also did a nice job of hyping Angle vs. Lashley all episode long and presented it as a sport. I appreciated that. Made the build feel totally different than what WWE, LU, or ROH are doing right now. TNA needs to keep going in that direction and trim the bad sports entertainment bits.

Loved how they showed Angle and Lashley getting ready and walking from the back before their match. Had a big fight feel.

Alucard

Banned
They've also hurt Cage's momentum - but it all fits into the Konnan storyline too. Sad that we're not getting anymore videos of Konnan forging A BADASS PIMP CANE!

Two weeks in a row, man!

But yeah, if they had 2 hours instead of 1, they would probably be able to tell more of these stories and keep them in people's minds. (Puma, Cage, Alberto, Drago, Fenixn etc.) Not really gonna complain much, though. Still the most entertaining hour of wrestling every week.

RP912

Banned
Judging by the bits and pieces I saw and the scoop I'm getting from wrasslegaf...TNA looks like it's going back to it's roots compared to them trying to unrealistically expand. The Hogan years were a mixed bag of shit and candy.

jred2k

People talk about TNA getting better literally every time they do shows in the UK. Once they get back to the US and start performing in frot of 150-250 people that don't give a shit any momentum they gained will be lost.

Will those of you attending the Progress show today please post updates here and if you can pix of the event also? It would be most appreciated. Kind of hoping Havoc retains and that the Faceless end up being revealed as the London Riots.

NXT this week was nothing, and the show hasn't really been all that good since the last special.

LU isn't ready for two hours - they've got a great roster for one hour, but they'd spread it too thing with two. The show is perfect in a one hour format.

klonere

Banned
whenever i've tried to watch Impact there has just been too many absolutely garbage segments and zero build matches for me to actually force myself through a full episode. I did like EC3 vs Spud but all they did with Spud this week was a
terrible no build cash in with no promo about the amazing match last week or post getting the belt segment either
. Everything with the Amazing Race people is terrible. A large portion of the matches have tons of brawling outside the ring which gets really boring after a while. I also tried to watch Lockdown but the cage made everything hard to see :( .The BDC is a stupid name for a stupid stable that does stupid run ins to DQ finish stupid nothing matches. Tazz and Matthews are easily as bad as Cole et al.

As for Lashley/Angle
Angle as champion? Why? What does that get them? Isn't Angle close to being completely crippled? Weren't they trying to build Lashley as "The Destroyer" and he loses to a 46 year old man with a neck that is barely being held together And Mysterio level knees? I guess they are going to put the belt on EC3 eventually

So Roman is a week away from main eventing WM, but they don't even have him main eventing a house show in Anaheim last night (5th match on an 8 match card)?

DBry main evented with Cain
sounds like the spirit of WM2000 lives on, yeesh

but then i saw that Finn Balor was there and i wasn't :(
BDC isn't a Bullet Club ripoff in the slightest. They're the BDC because MVP called the group the Wu Tang Clan of wrestling for MONTHS before their formation, and they can't use that name obviously, so they went with Beat Down Clan.

Now EY as "the bearded babyface" was a total blatant ripoff of Bryan's push, and was groan-worthy at the time to EVERYONE.

i mean i wasn't really arguing that they were, i just think the name is ridiculous. didn't know they were a direct ref tho. i hope there's an MVP promo out there where he applies all the nicknames to them.

RP912

Banned
The thing about TNA is the fact that the matches that are suppose to be amazing feel underwhelming because of bad camera angles and the production value. For instance, Jeff Hardy/Austin Aries was one of the best matches of 2012 but it felt like another TNA match because of how bad the camera angles were...

Top Bottom