• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

TNA obviously ripping off the BDK

topchikara1.jpg

kiguel182

The WWE.com power ratings are so ridiculous. This makes no sense. They put Ziggler in fifth because he beat Bryan. But then Bryan is at two despite being beat by Ziggler. I mean, I know this is all fake and shit but there's no logic to it.

The WWE.com power ratings are so ridiculous. This makes no sense. They put Ziggler in fifth because he beat Bryan. But then Bryan is at two despite being beat by Ziggler. I mean, I know this is all fake and shit but there's no logic to it.

That's stupid, but still better than EY BEATING TOMMY DREAMER and going into the number 2 slot for the World Title rankings after being beaten by Roode.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Will those of you attending the Progress show today please post updates here and if you can pix of the event also? It would be most appreciated. Kind of hoping Havoc retains and that the Faceless end up being revealed as the London Riots.
I'm curious too. It's a perfect setup to get the belt off of Cunt, but...

Alucard

Banned
Dalton Castle set to appear on ROH TV this week. (aka Smooth Sailin' Ashley Remington in Chikara)

CAt2ItdUYAExdfG.jpg:large

I'm in for adding some FnPness to the ROH roster.

RP912

Banned
Who actually thought King/Cole would be a good match at WM27, when we could have had the superior JR/Cole match that we all wanted?

DMczaf

I wanted to light my penis on fire and start a bonfire in the stands of the Georgia Dome during that match. :(

But I got to see Taker vs. HHH live, so it was all worth it. :)

Hey DMczaf, check out all of these WWE Superstars talking about HHH vs. Taker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J4V7nHHJVk

"Undertaker likes to beat you with his bare hands, and he will. Triple H...he likes using sledgehammers *shrugs*"

Punk always trolling Mr Hs lol

Who actually thought King/Cole would be a good match at WM27, when we could have had the superior JR/Cole match that we all wanted?

I think everyone was just hoping that it'd be a mercifully short squash that would put an end to the constant annoyance that was Heel Cole once and for all. Instead, they gave it 14 goddamn minutes and ended it with a bullshit finish to allow Cole to win the match and continue on with his terrible heel shtick.

Alexa Bliss was like Hogan orange in last week's NXT.

And you're damn right I knew that was the Horseman theme and still listened to it to the end.

Time to get some guys together, trick The Vigilante Sting to think we're allies, and then viciously turn on him because Sting is one of the dumbest, most gullible people in wrestling.

RP912

Banned
I think everyone was just hoping that it'd be a mercifully short squash that would put an end to the constant annoyance that was Heel Cole once and for all. Instead, they gave it 14 goddamn minutes and ended it with a bullshit finish to allow Cole to win the match and continue on with his terrible heel shtick.

Also to give us that bullshit Extreme Rules match which felt pointless.

DMczaf

I wanted to light my penis on fire and start a bonfire in the stands of the Georgia Dome during that match. :(

But I got to see Taker vs. HHH live, so it was all worth it. :)

Hey DMczaf, check out all of these WWE Superstars talking about HHH vs. Taker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J4V7nHHJVk

Heres another video of WWE Superstars talking about HHH vs Taker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqa75eSNuGo

And another!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=minR53Io4TA

And another!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1491xbmCji4

And another!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnAUxp3nL9I

It never ends!

Verendus

Banned
This kind of stuff is a big problem with WWE now, I think. They tend to overhype matches which ultimately didn't really matter as much. There's a line which you shouldn't cross, beyond which things need to happen more naturally.

There's so much excess at Wrestlemania now with too many special entrances and other things, that a lot of matches aren't given a decent amount of time. You tend to get one or two big matches which are given something silly like thirty minutes, and half a dozen planned spots to make them look big. You're just kind of forcing things, which is why it doesn't matter as much.

They should allow other talent to get more time. I remember a CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio match at one of the Wrestlemania PPVs which I thought could've been really good if given a 15-20 minute slot, and was looking forward to it, but I think it was something silly like 5 minutes. That shouldn't be happening. If you put two superstars in a match, and you know they could do something good, you should book the show to give them about 15 minutes so they have the chance to put on something memorable. Why handicap them with something you could easily avoid? It just becomes a waste of everyone's time.

I'm half expecting Orton vs. Rollins to be an eight minute match.

RBH

The 3rd video that starts with Miz, I remembered why the Miz is the worst.

I hated Miz's commentary during the Monday Night Wars series. Sounded like he was reading off a cue card for the majority of the time (although a lot of the wrestlers that they interviewed seemed the same way).

Alucard

Banned
Looking forward to watching Botchamania in a bit. Just got back from a 1-year-old's bday party 'n wife 'n daughter are about to go down for a nap. Woooo. 30 mins of housework and then some free time.

This is an incorrect opinion. According to Botchamania, 99% of ALL wrestling is god awful. They just focus on the campy/bad/botched stuff, so of course it'll look or sound terrible.

Well I am keeping in mind that they are picking out the bad. It just seems that other than the obvious indie promotions at the top (ROH, PWG, etc.), most of it just looks like a bunch of people who have no idea what they are doing.

Top Bottom