• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Alucard

Banned
Well I am keeping in mind that they are picking out the bad. It just seems that other than the obvious indie promotions at the top (ROH, PWG, etc.), most of it just looks like a bunch of people who have no idea what they are doing.

Some of them, yeah. The bad production values don't help, but pretty much every wrestler everywhere had to start somewhere, including shitty promotions like the ones sometimes featured in Botchamania.

EDIT: We have a New Japan equivalent of the Cena diving on everybody gif.

x9fsrDE.gif

This was the match AJ won the championship from Tanahashi. Note: Tanahashi got busted open on this spot by knocking heads with Matt Jackson. Yikes.

Because the Steph #GiveDivasAChance tweet was so honest and that goodwill lasted so long too, right

People really can't go long without getting worked, can they

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Because the Steph #GiveDivasAChance tweet was so honest and that goodwill lasted so long too, right

People really can't go long without getting worked, can they
Steph wised up after realizing one of the top 2 divas can't even do something basic like run the fucking ropes and that campaign died quickly.

More than half the time 'everyone talks too much' in Botchmania isn't funny to me, only when it's Cena vs Rusev levels, most of the time it's yeah, you might make out a few words while the camera is too close, whatever.

Alucard

Banned
More than half the time 'everyone talks too much' in Botchmania isn't funny to me, only when it's Cena vs Rusev levels, most of the time it's yeah, you might make out a few words while the camera is too close, whatever.

Maffew said in interviews that everyone has different favourite or least-favourite segments in Botchamania, including Everyone Talks Too Much. I personally enjoy it, especially when they focus on Cena, who is literally the worst at covering up his mouth when he's calling a match.

dream

I just went and watched the Kevin Steen vs. Alex Riley build and match. My gosh that was some good stuff.

Also: GAF coddling and defending "lazy developers" is so weird.

Jamie OD

The Rusev attorney

what the fuck

In hindsight it would have worked much better if they just made the lawyer American from the start. A sleazy lawyer betraying his country for a big paycheck is a lot better for this angle than some guy doing a Yakov Smirnoff impersonation.

kiguel182

Well, since Gaf has been telling me how great TNA's last episode was and I need some background noise I guess I'll watch it and give TNA (another) chance. I think I'm already regretting it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well, since Gaf has been telling me how great TNA's last episode was and I need some background noise I guess I'll watch it and give TNA (another) chance. I think I'm already regretting it.

Friday's episode was ok with one good match.

Last Friday's episode was awful with one AMAZING match and angle after it.

Vylash

why on earth would you listen to anyone telling you to watch tna

Alucard

Banned
Is the match EC3 vs Spud? Or Roode vs EY? I'll watch that and then the next episode I guess.

Watch the last two episodes. The best parts of the one two episodes ago were definitely the Roode/EY match, and the EC3/Spud match.

This past Friday's episode was okay. I think you only really need to watch the Ultimate X match, the women's match, and the main event.

Or you could just watch Lucha Underground if you're not already doing so.

Just got done watching the casket match from LU, so so good.

Hell yeah. Another chance to state that Lucha Underground has the best camera work in the business.

kiguel182

I'll just watch the two episodes then. I'll be commenting probably so stay tuned for that! I'll take any excuse to take breaks from my work I guess.

It's true. This is what Raw has driven us to, taking TNA as an alternative even though just 12 short months ago with a good build up to Mania, I would have posted "lol TNA". We are but broken men.

The fact that I was so excited after Mania 30 just makes it worse. I feel that if this was after Mania 29 it would've been better, probably.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe as I'm actually rather hyped for WM Play button. There's actually more matches I'm excited about overall (but less excited for the show as a whole) than I was last year.

Last year I only really cared about the main event and HHH versus Bryan. This year I care about:

The Main Event
Rusev versus Cena
HHH and Stang
The Andre Memorial Battle Royal
The IC Ladder Match

Top Bottom