• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Hex

Banned
In hindsight it would have worked much better if they just made the lawyer American from the start. A sleazy lawyer betraying his country for a big paycheck is a lot better for this angle than some guy doing a Yakov Smirnoff impersonation.

I love the fact that not even JBL was selling it

Hasney

This year, I'll watch the ladder match at some point. Only thing I even slightly care about.

Will be watching the Raw after Mania of course though.

kiguel182

Well, EY vs Roode was cool. Not amazing but a pretty competent grudge match.

And man, TNA has a cool production set-up but it really hurts them not having a full arena. The whole dim light set-up just doesn't work. They really need to go to smaller but full places with the same setup.

Alucard

Banned
Well, EY vs Roode was cool. Not amazing but a pretty competent grudge match.

And man, TNA has a cool production set-up but it really hurts them not having a full arena. The whole dim light set-up just doesn't work. They really need to go to smaller but full places with the same setup.

These shows were in the UK. They're returning to the States for their next sets of tapings. Orlando, no less. We'll see how that comes off.

I liked the ending to EY/Roode. Not a clusterfucky last man standing match, but just a guy putting another guy through a table, and the other guy not being able to get up because of it.

kiguel182

I did like the simple ending. It worked but I think the match needed a bigger beatdown. But it's better than some overbooked nonesense that's for sure.

Watching Galloway vs MVP. Weird how they just throw this match like this with without a big build. I get that they don't have PPVs and just resolve feuds like this but I think there's probably a better way to do it than just go from segment to match with little fanfare.

EDIT: It ended with an interference. So there was no need to have a match. Ugh.

Progress was a good time.

Spoilers:
Cunt Havoc retained, then Flash brought out an insurance policy for future title matches: The London Riots.

Alucard

Banned
I did like the simple ending. It worked but I think the match needed a bigger beatdown. But it's better than some overbooked nonesense that's for sure.

Watching Galloway vs MVP. Weird how they just throw this match like this with without a big build. I get that they don't have PPVs and just resolve feuds like this but I think there's probably a better way to do it than just go from segment to match with little fanfare.

EDIT: It ended with an interference. So there was no need to have a match. Ugh.

At least Galloway is pretty good on the mic. The match was a nothing though, you're right.

So I was completely wrong about the London Riots being the Faceless but cool to see them back in Progress. This Progress streaming service sounds fantastic at $7.40 a month and being Chromecast compatible. May jump on board with that.

Xater

So I was completely wrong about the London Riots being the Faceless but cool to see them back in Progress. This Progress streaming service sounds fantastic at $7.40 a month and being Chromecast compatible. May jump on board with that.

It works with Chromecast? Ok gonna give it a shot next month then.

Thinking about it, Wrestlemania play probably won't be terrible, I just won't give a shit about what happens

Which, I guess for a wrestling show is pretty bad

klonere

Banned
I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe as I'm actually rather hyped for WM Play button. There's actually more matches I'm excited about overall (but less excited for the show as a whole) than I was last year.

Last year I only really cared about the main event and HHH versus Bryan. This year I care about:

The Main Event
Rusev versus Cena
HHH and Stang
The Andre Memorial Battle Royal
The IC Ladder Match

i find myself more and more hyped for WM the less of each weeks raw I remember

I think it's Michael Cole's fault that the phrase 'social media' physically makes my stomach churn a bit. Or I have him to thank for that, I don't know.

kiguel182

Well, I don't have anything good to say about Bram vs Magnus. Pretty dumb thing.

Brooke vs Robbie is also dumb but it's kind of fun and Brooke looks so good that makes this enjoyable.

Main event: roman and Brock have a decent match. Shame I don't give a shit about Reigns
Rusev vs Cena: Cena wins
Ic title: Bryan wins. Loses to Ambrose on smackdown
Battle royal: who cares?
HHH/Sting: what does this accomplish?
Wyatt/taker: ditto

kiguel182

Also, nice promo package for Angle. Even if seeing old beatdown Angle is still really sad. This guy could've been one of the best of all time and right now he's just a shadow of his former self. Still, great video promo.

somedevil

Yeah, Galloway is pretty cool. Really liked his part of the segment even if the whole "this is pro wrestling!" angle is a little lame.

Its so stupid though. I hate who is the real wrestling fan while he does a promo in TNA on why Daniel Bryan should be facing Brock instead of Reigns. He should be cutting promos on why TNA does run ins and dq's all the time instead.

Plus this is a spoiler he
forms his own group made up of former WWE talents of Shaun Ricker and Camacho

kiguel182

This Spud vs EC3 match has had a little to many interruptions for my taste. But apart from that (and the whole black and white filer) this has been good.

Also Borash looks way better with a shaved head, he should've thanked EC3.

Its so stupid though. I hate who is the real wrestling fan while he does a promo in TNA on why Daniel Bryan should be facing Brock instead of Reigns. He should be cutting promos on why TNA does run ins and dq's all the time instead.

Plus this is a spoiler he
forms his own group made up of former WWE talents of Shaun Ricker and Camacho

Exactly. Talking about booking decisions in other companies just makes your own look non-important. Just really bad.

And those spoilers do not sound good.

CAvAkokWYAATroD.png

TNA has pumped out that "we're pro wrestling, the other guys are sports entertainment!" Since Foley won their title and Claire Lynch

Really, I think TNA can be succinctly summed up from this quote from LOLTNA History:

Syxx-Pac did a "shoot" on "sports entertainment" and how he had come to TNA for professional wrestling again. He cut this promo just before TNA held an impromptu boxing match between Saved by the Bell star Dustin "Screech" Diamond and obese TNA timekeeper Tiny.

And that happened all the way back in '02.

I would say that is the worst. A truly bad show can still be fun in a weird way.

The Feb 13th 2012 episode of Raw being a classic example, you can revisit the Triple H OT for February Wrasslin and relive the spectacular entertainment value of Raw taking the plummet into straight up nonsense with the Embrace the Hate storyline.

Now as for Wrestlemania, well who knows what the crowd will have in store for the main event, I'm just saying that even the mess that is Lesnar/Goldberg managed to amuse through the reactions alone.

Kind of funny how mania is being carried by part timers. Unless wwe starts to hit it out of the park with the next round if NXT call ups they could be in some bad business in a few years.

zychi

Banned
Kind of funny how mania is being carried by part timers. Unless wwe starts to hit it out of the park with the next round if NXT call ups they could be in some bad business in a few years.

been saying this for almost 5 years now. only difference is Cena isn't in the main event

Most of their great in-ring talent is stuck in multi-man clusterfucks at Mania, and that's probably where the NXT callups outside of Baron Corbin will end up in the years to come.

Kaladin

Most of the matches on the card are new faces vs old faces. Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker, Cena vs Rusev, Rollins vs Orton.

Yeah, they're using part timers, but they're using them to help build the new names.

Give it a few years, maybe 5. Mania will be different.

I keep showing my girlfriend John Cena Thugonomics clips because they make her physically ill. She asked how he moved away from that persona and...i dont know actually. I wasnt watching WWE at all then.

Can someone give me a quick summary of how he dropped the character. Was it gradual? Was he away for awhile?

I keep showing my girlfriend John Cena Thugonomics clips because they make her physically ill. She asked how he moved away from that persona and...i dont know actually. I wasnt watching WWE at all then.

Can someone give me a quick summary of how he dropped the character. Was it gradual? Was he away for awhile?

The_marine.jpg

KissVibes

Banned

He filmed The Marine and came back as his movie persona, John Triton, for an episode of RAW and it stuck.

Yeah, they just gradually watered down the Thuganomics character while making him more and more Hogan-esque until he was wearing a different brightly colored shirt each month and co-starring in movies with Fred (anyone remember Fred? No? Good.).

16BitNova

I honestly think Brock retains at Mania. Why would they build him up as such a monster, just to be beaten by Roman Reigns. Doesn't make sense.

I honestly think Brock retains at Mania. Why would they build him up as such a monster, just to be beaten by Roman Reigns. Doesn't make sense.

Because they want to put Roman over as The New Top Guy, and the easiest way to do that is to have him beat the biggest, meanest, most unstoppable monster WWE has probably ever built up at their biggest show of the year for their most prestigious title.

Top Bottom