• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Most of the matches on the card are new faces vs old faces. Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker, Cena vs Rusev, Rollins vs Orton.

Yeah, they're using part timers, but they're using them to help build the new names.

Give it a few years, maybe 5. Mania will be different.
wonder which will be the last mania that will have wrestlers that started in the 80's and 90's.

16BitNova

Because they want to put Roman over as The New Top Guy, and the easiest way to do that is to have him beat the biggest, meanest, most unstoppable monster WWE has probably ever built up at their biggest show of the year for their most prestigious title.

It's just such a waste on Roman. I still have a strong feeling Brock retains. But, if he doesn't then this company really is only about having "the look".

Maybe Rock betrays Roman costing him the match. Rock vs Roman Wrestlemania 2016. Heh?

Fuck, I had hoped Joe didn't have and indie dates into April.

It has been known for a while he's taking dates until the end of April.

Kind of funny how mania is being carried by part timers. Unless wwe starts to hit it out of the park with the next round if NXT call ups they could be in some bad business in a few years.

Most of the matches on the card are new faces vs old faces. Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker, Cena vs Rusev, Rollins vs Orton.

Yeah, they're using part timers, but they're using them to help build the new names.

Give it a few years, maybe 5. Mania will be different.

The thing is, part-timers are almost always over when they return. Look at a guy like Rhyno. When he left, no one gave a shit about him. He returns and people go nuts. Returning guys get a big reaction, and that reaction can be capitalized on. So the idea of part-timers can and will always exist.

It's just such a waste on Roman. I still have a strong feeling Brock retains. But, if he doesn't then this company really is only about having "the look".

Maybe Rock betrays Roman costing him the match. Rock vs Roman Wrestlemania 2016. Heh?
Sorry brah, but that's somehow even less of a possibility than Undertaker interfering in the main event

kiguel182

Honestly, as much as I don't care about Reigns it's hard to fault WWE on their plan to put him over. It's pretty flawless.

Even if the middle of the story was bad the start and ending point of this push is pretty great. Shame the main guy in the story is someone I don't care.

kiguel182

Brock retaining makes no sense. If the idea was that then Bryan would be the guy he was facing.

And if they decide to not push Reigns to the top they would probably be better turn him heel than having Lesnar beat him.

Honestly, as much as I don't care about Reigns it's hard to fault WWE on their plan to put him over. It's pretty flawless.

Even if the middle of the story was bad the start and ending point of this push is pretty great. Shame the main guy in the story is someone I don't care.

Their plan is about as far from flawless as possible. He got pinned by Big Show, looked like an idiot when he lost to Rollins, played second fiddle to Orton on Raw multiple times, was given awful promos to cut, was pitted against another fan favorite, won the Rumble looking terrible, and on and on. Roman has been done no favors by the way he's been booked.

It also doesn't help that Brock's contract is up after Mania and he probably isn't going to resign, so either Reigns wins, Brock retains but Rollins cashes in MitB immediately after and wins, or they actually let Brock leave the company champion.

Also, your other statement made me realize that they should have tried to find some way to make Rock/Brock 2 happen before this, since Brock almost literally killing Reign's cousin could probably give this feud a lot more weight than what Heyman is having to pull out of his ass to make it seem interesting.

kiguel182

Their plan is about as far from flawless as possible. He got pinned by Big Show, looked like an idiot when he lost to Rollins, played second fiddle to Orton on Raw multiple times, was given awful promos to cut, was pitted against another fan favorite, won the Rumble looking terrible, and on and on. Roman has been done no favors by the way he's been booked.

As I said, the middle of the story was bad. But the idea of building up Lesnar and then having a new comer beat him at the biggest stage possible is great. Lesnar ending the streak, murdering Cena and then beating both Rollins and Cena makes him an incredible opponent to overcome.

16BitNova

Also, your other statement made me realize that they should have tried to find some way to make Rock/Brock 2 happen before this, since Brock almost literally killing Reign's cousin could probably give this feud a lot more weight than what Heyman is having to pull out of his ass to make it seem interesting.

From what I've been reading, Rock vs Brock 2 is the big rumor going around for the next mania. They can still do something to set this up.

As I said, the middle of the story was bad. But the idea of building up Lesnar and then having a new comer beat him at the biggest stage possible is great. Lesnar ending the streak, murdering Cena and then beating both Rollins and Cena makes him an incredible opponent to overcome.

so what you're saying is that everything is about Lesnar and it's his build that his been great.

kiguel182

On today's Botchamania there was a segment with Angle and damn, he was so fast. Seeing him as slow as he is right now sucks. Even if the match has been good so far.

I liked it. I've liked Lashley for almost a year now. Feels weird to say.

I liked Lashley when he was in WWE. Probably because I was young and didn't know better. Of what I've seen on TNA I'm not sold on him.

so what you're saying is that everything is about Lesnar and it's his build that his been great.

I'm saying the general idea was awesome. Had they picked a guy that was already over and built him well enough and they would've made a star.

EDIT: Not only was the idea awesome is something that can't be done again for a long time. Is just a shame they squandered it.

kiguel182

Lashley vs Angle was good. Had a big fight feel and delivered on that. Even with all the problems I have with 2015 Angle it was good.

I'll try and tune in next week.

somedevil

Here is how Sheamus looks like now before his return. He has the heel beard down. Plus it seems like he might be bald as well but its hard to tell because he has his Zayn hat on:

CAliNbjUQAAz0Kj.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Lashley vs Angle was good. Had a big fight feel and delivered on that. Even with all the problems I have with 2015 Angle it was good.

I'll try and tune in next week.

Yeah, we'll see what happens. I'll tune in if I hear good things. 2 good shows don't signal a turnaround.

Here is how Sheamus looks like now before his return. He has the heel beard down. Plus it seems like he might be bald as well but its hard to tell because he has his Zayn hat on:

It'd be hilarious if the reason his return's getting delayed is because WWE wants him to grow back his Beaker hairdoo.

dream

I think Brock leaves for two reasons:
1) WWE is in terrible shape, will not get better, is desperate, and Brock will always be able to get a deal from them.
2) There are a staggering number of easily winnable fights for Brock in the Ultimate. JDS, a non-gormandized Overeem, Roy Nelson, Gabe, Hapa Browne, and Mirko all come to mind.

somedevil

It'd be hilarious if the reason his return's getting delayed is because WWE wants him to grow back his Beaker hairdoo.

Well the pick is from March 20 so he won't be returning for a while if they go by that idea. The funny thing is if he is bald he is going to look like Rowan.

Because they want to put Roman over as The New Top Guy, and the easiest way to do that is to have him beat the biggest, meanest, most unstoppable monster WWE has probably ever built up at their biggest show of the year for their most prestigious title.

But the thing is, Brock has been talked up incessantly as the beast and so on, but he's had 3 matches as champion and all of them involved Cena.

So he needs a lot more of this. Putting Roman over now isn't super smart cos a lot of people don't want him right now, and he isn't ready in terms of promos or in ring ability to even carry a match or feud let alone be the centrepiece of the company. It's really kind of crazy they are even trying this now. Brock should get another few months with the belt at least, but if they were smart, all the way to next Mania.

Cagey

Banned
But the thing is, Brock has been talked up incessantly as the beast and so on, but he's had 3 matches as champion and all of them involved Cena.

So he needs a lot more of this. Putting Roman over now isn't super smart cos a lot of people don't want him right now, and he isn't ready in terms of promos or in ring ability to even carry a match or feud let alone be the centrepiece of the company. It's really kind of crazy they are even trying this now. Brock should get another few months with the belt at least, but if they were smart, all the way to next Mania.

I wonder if the crowd would accept a rematch next year where Roman finally slays the beast after getting murdered next Sunday.

Xater

I also wanted to say that the money in the bank gimmick has become super annoying. The way they keep the case around forever is just super dumb. There are so many opportunities to cash in and yet it never happens. So instead of going for the surprise they seems to keep it around as a get out of jail free card.

Top Bottom