• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

My only exposure to Cody comes from watching him as Stardust. I understand the wasted potential with the gimmick, the dude can cut a promo better than most current wrasslers. Are there any matches prior to Stardust that were exceptional or is the praise mostly due to his character?

Look for his match against Rey in WM and Extreme Rules.

Bah, un-dashing Cody Rhodes was great, I really wanted him to keep the gimmick and become WWE champion.

DMczaf

Cody Hall and Cody Rhodes should form a tag team called The Codies.

SMKuc2K.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thanks for the recommendations y'all. Checking out the tag match right now and I'm enjoying it (I usually don't like tag team matches). I can see where you guys are coming from, the dude has charisma, and is good in the ring.

Side note: didn't know The Shield were a heel faction. Dean looks better with the slick back hair.

Anth0ny

That whole Goldust/Cody/Orton feud was so fun. Too bad it ended so quickly, though it did give birth to the Goldust and Cody tag team run, which was awesome while it lasted.

Thanks for the recommendations y'all. Checking out the tag match right now and I'm enjoying it (I usually don't like tag team matches). I can see where you guys are coming from, the dude has charisma, and is good in the ring.

Side note: didn't know The Shield were a heel faction. Dean looks better with the slick back hair.

I highly, highly recommend watching Shield-Wyatts from the Elimination Chamber PPV last year if you haven't seen it. Probably the best match WWE put on last year.

that match should've happened at Mania

I can understand why it didn't. Wyatt had been penciled in to face Cena for months and they were planning to break up the Shield and do a three-way at Mania until about three weeks before the show. Once they decided to keep the Shield together, they really had nothing setup for them.

So... Inspire Pro's "Phenomenon" show was tonight in Austin TX, and boy, did these guys know how to end SXSW with a splash. Common wisdom is, don't run a show near SXSW in Austin, but Inspire Pro went and did it anyway, right at the end, and all the visitors who arrived out of curiousity were really treated to something special. Packed house again. (I think this makes it 5 straight shows, and Inspire has only run a few over a dozen shows so far.) Literally everything they could drag into the room to sit on was sold out. The couches from the lounge, desk chairs...everything.

I'll try to post a recap later, but I'll just leave some .gifs I found from various fans' Facebook and Vines:

Keith Lee is an amazing, huge, powerful, huge hoss of a man. He doesn't so much suplex people as he throws them great distances. Here, he just decided "oh, I think I'll do a picture-perfect Slingshot Corkscrew Cross-Body Plancha, because I'm Keith Lee and I can do that too..." onto Thomas Shire:

bFxyH8Y.gif

And here are two angles of "The Centerfold" Mathew Palmer trying to murder "Dirty" Andy Dalton with a double-underhook piledriver from the second rope onto a ladder bridge, in the Main Event Street Fight for the Inspire Pro Title.:

Z5IqF2X.gif

5e5WbFb.gif

As hard as it may be to believe, that was maybe not the wildest thing in that match. You know a match is going to bring the crazy like no other when one guy, in the second move of the match, only about 30 seconds in, digs a pair of scissors out of his boot and cuts off a huge portion of the other man's hair before gigging the crap out of him, leaving him squirting blood and leaving the ring covered in human hair and blood.

And the guy with the scissors? Oh, he's the BABYFACE.

Just watched Savage-Steamboat for the first time. Thought it was pretty good. Don't see it as an all-time classic at all though. Guess it was more of a time and place thing.

Just watched Savage-Steamboat for the first time. Thought it was pretty good. Don't see it as an all-time classic at all though. Guess it was more of a time and place thing.

Yeah, pretty much. If you had watched a lot of the matches before that one in 80's WWF they were mainly punch, kick, bodyslam.

Aiii

So not worth it
The reporting on Perro Aguayo's death has been absolutely atrocious. No facts, clickbait titles and reporting, just terrible.

kiguel182

Vanilla Face Cody Rhodes during the Authority storyline where he got fired could've been special as well. Dude should've been up in a Bryan/Punk trinity and carry that company.

Remember when him and Goldust won the titles from The Shield? The crowd went nuts. They really failed on capitalize on that momentum. Real shame.

Alucard

Banned
NoRéN;157044940 said:
Got my tickets for NXT in the mail this weekend! Hype increasing!

So much wrestling for me this week:
Sat - Lucha underground
sun - Lucha underground
Mon - Raw
Tues - rest
Wed - prepare for trip
Thurs - prepare for trip
Friday - drive and NXT
Sat - wrestlecon
Sun - Wrestlemania

Sounds nuts, man. Enjoy the adventure.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So... Inspire Pro's "Phenomenon" show was tonight in Austin TX, and boy, did these guys know how to end SXSW with a splash. Common wisdom is, don't run a show near SXSW in Austin, but Inspire Pro went and did it anyway, right at the end, and all the visitors who arrived out of curiousity were really treated to something special. Packed house again. (I think this makes it 5 straight shows, and Inspire has only run a few over a dozen shows so far.) Literally everything they could drag into the room to sit on was sold out. The couches from the lounge, desk chairs...everything.

I'll try to post a recap later, but I'll just leave some .gifs I found from various fans' Facebook and Vines:

Keith Lee is an amazing, huge, powerful, huge hoss of a man. He doesn't so much suplex people as he throws them great distances. Here, he just decided "oh, I think I'll do a picture-perfect Slingshot Corkscrew Cross-Body Plancha, because I'm Keith Lee and I can do that too..." onto Thomas Shire:

bFxyH8Y.gif

Being the poor bastard who has to "catch" that thing would suck so hard.

I'm loosing touch with wrasslin, working out is consuming all my time as of late but I still manage to get some NXT in. RIP Raw and Smackdown.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE 2K15 is finally down to 35 bucks, so I guess I'm gonna try it out. Seems an okay enough game at that price.

Whenever I read that CM Punk thread I'm reminded how badly I want him to win. And then keep on winning. So much sodium from UFC fans.

Agreed, but they're just gonna claim it was a "weak opponent" and he won't do well against a "real" guy.

Alucard

Banned
Whenever I read that CM Punk thread I'm reminded how badly I want him to win. And then keep on winning. So much sodium from UFC fans.

I wish him the best, and I'd be happy if he won. But it might just lead to people saying, "Well, they just fed him a nobody" or "The match was boring. Get this guy out of here."

Outside of an exciting match or a quick knockout or tapout initiated by Punk/Brooks, it's lose/lose/lose for the guy. (he loses, he beats a chump, or he has a boring match) Haters are gonna you know what.

Hasney

WWE 2K15 is finally down to 35 bucks, so I guess I'm gonna try it out. Seems an okay enough game at that price.

I'd honestly feel ripped off for more than $10. That's the price of the network and the only decent content is the Showcase so it's as good as just watching those two feuds.

But it might just lead to people saying, "Well, they just fed him a nobody" or "The match was boring. Get this guy out of here."

Oh, it definitely will. But I'm hoping for a scenario where he not only does well, but is also a big commercial success for UFC - if a guy like Punk, who's so vociferously hated by the UFC 'hardcore', can bring them a ton of new business, that'd be the icing on the cake. Also, we'd get to see how far Dana would be willing to go to accommodate his new cash cow and make sure he's protected.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, it definitely will. But I'm hoping for a scenario where he not only does well, but is also a big commercial success for UFC - if a guy like Punk, who's so vociferously hated by the UFC 'hardcore', can bring them a ton of new business, that'd be the icing on the cake. Also, we'd get to see how far Dana would be willing to go to accommodate his new cash cow and make sure he's protected.

Cyborg will never get her shot at him, damn you Dana.

Alucard

Banned

I'm all aboard for this and for Punk turning all of these fans to his side, or just heeling it up and verbally telling his detractors to fuck off after making a guy tap out.

Alucard

Banned
Someone felt the need to take this picture of YOSHI-HASHI and post it on twitter. Or maybe Photoshop one? Not sure.

CAxzK2XUIAA-8es.jpg:large

And a cool pic of Liger.

CAxg86kUUAEFTvy.jpg:large

klonere

Banned
Watching the 98 Rumble, man the difference between his and Romans rumble this year couldn't be bigger.

- Wrestles a solid match with Shamrock which further solidifies his heel persona by screwing Shamrock over

- Comes in at 3 for the Rumble, stays in for 50+ mins, has significant spots with D'Lo, Stone Cold, Shamrock, Faarooq and was in the ending sequence.

On another note, real ass Owen Hart was badass

fJft60S.gif

Hasney

That was their fresh start. They are now just going to build on this.

I still love how their fresh start was to mildly tinker with the engine, port it to other consoles and then hide some matches away so they could bring them back as new despite the fact they're in the fucking game already and just not in the menu

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still love how their fresh start was to mildly tinker with the engine, port it to other consoles and then hide some matches away so they could bring them back as new despite the fact they're in the fucking game already and just not in the menu

its yukes. that's as wild as they're gonna get

JavyOO7

2k16... wish it would look like Fire Pro Returns. All those artists employed that made 2k15, making sweet pixel art? Damn...

No idea if it'd play great, though. But at least it'd look great. God willing.

Hasney

2k16... wish it would look like Fire Pro Returns. All those artists employed that made 2k15, making sweet pixel art? Damn...

No idea if it'd play great, though. But at least it'd look great. God willing.

wrestlefest.jpg

Keep them away from pixel art

its yukes. that's as wild as they're gonna get

True, I'm also convinced that the PC version that got rated was cancelled as modders could unlock all the shit they have hidden away quite easily. Shame, that would have been fun to watch.

Ithil

The reporting on Perro Aguayo's death has been absolutely atrocious. No facts, clickbait titles and reporting, just terrible.

I'm surprised Nancy Grace hasn't gotten in on it and had an angry report about how Perro (mispronouncing his name) clearly died from steroids.

With his head looking that, is there any doubt that it's not real? It's not even photoshopped, it's probably done in Paint!

Its a picture of Tanahashi. I guess someone thought it would be funny to shop Yoshi-Hashi's face on it but nothing worth spending three minutes on.

Top Bottom