• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Part of that reason is you can't really watch an "alternative version" of it on the Network. It's more niche than "well I just want good wrasslin gol durn it" because there's plenty of that on the Network. SHIMMER sets itself apart.
I mean I don't have the Network, but that's true, yeah. Also the ChickFight tournament sounds rad.
I'm getting the EVOLVE shows as well, super hyped for both of Tommy End's matches there. The WWNLive supershow should be a lot of fun as well.
I'm more looking forward to him in PWG, Evolve has never grabbed me. I may track them down afterwards if I hear good things. I'll look up the supershow card too.

Hex

Banned
Kinda crazy...when a guy doesn't lose he gets over.

I don't think it had anything to do with him not losing, people do not really go for that kind of thing or getting someone over would be easy.
I will say I was not a Rusev fan for a while, but he won me over and it is the way he handles himself on the mic and mannerisms.
He has charisma and he can work. Lana helps but he can go either way.

dream

Sexiest match of the century.

As much as I hate wrestling fans and their chants, I don't think I'll be able to resist doing the "this is awesome" when this happens:

1390650_872372056106319_8534538661821919889_n.jpg

pose2.png

Fox318

As wrestlinggaf's first and biggest Alex Rusev fan, I am terrified going into Wrestlemania

If Brock resigns he will win and Rusev will work with Reigns. Reigns has already pinned him on a house show and he has worked almost every house show with Rusev.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rusev gives us all, as fans, what we want and miss from monster heels.

He doesn't do the head-shake when he's staggered.
He tells a story in the ring using body parts.
He sells limb-specific injuries during the match and even afterwards.
He shows attention to detail with his in-ring psychology.
He reacts as you would expect when he's thrown a curve ball (see: flag not coming down all the way)

He's really the total package when it comes to enjoyment. I don't know if there's any wrestler I want to see more than Rusev. He's wonderful, and I don't mind his streak coming to an end because it's served its purpose - it helped get him over, it's helped escalate his standing to a legitimate main eventer, and he will continue to be fun to watch.

Rusev is one of the best examples of what I want to see in the future, and I'm LOVING him in the present. Rusev is the start of the next big wave of excellence that we didn't know NXT was building when he was there. What a great talent.

Hex

Banned
As wrestlinggaf's first and biggest Alex Rusev fan, I am terrified going into Wrestlemania

I do not think WWE has the balls to pull the triple.
A) have the Russian gimmick beat the American boy at Mania
B) have the heel beat the golden boy at Mania after the chase build up
C) keep Cena without a big moment win for so long.

I will be wishing for the impossible though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That made me look up the Twitter account of Ashley. The picture tweet from January 13th is quite something... lol

Incredibly nsfw so I am not even going to link it.

I remember that. Spilled the tea

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Rusev gives us all, as fans, what we want and miss from monster heels.

He doesn't do the head-shake when he's staggered.
He tells a story in the ring using body parts.
He sells limb-specific injuries during the match and even afterwards.
He shows attention to detail with his in-ring psychology.
He reacts as you would expect when he's thrown a curve ball (see: flag not coming down all the way)

He's really the total package when it comes to enjoyment. I don't know if there's any wrestler I want to see more than Rusev. He's wonderful, and I don't mind his streak coming to an end because it's served its purpose - it helped get him over, it's helped escalate his standing to a legitimate main eventer, and he will continue to be fun to watch.

Rusev is one of the best examples of what I want to see in the future, and I'm LOVING him in the present. Rusev is the start of the next big wave of excellence that we didn't know NXT was building when he was there. What a great talent.

He really has grown to be one of the best. I remember thinking nothing of him when he was in NXT, but his time here on main roster has been nothing but outstanding. I think he'll be able to bounce back from the loss to Cena, he's good enough to be able too.

Small prediction: I expect him to win Money in the Bank this year, it's the next logical step in his career development.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He really has grown to be one of the best. I remember thinking nothing of him when he was in NXT, but his time here on main roster has been nothing but outstanding. I think he'll be able to bounce back from the loss to Cena, he's good enough to be able too.

Small prediction: I expect him to win Money in the Bank this year, it's the next logical step in his career development.

He was nothing in NXT, too. He really was. But it's obvious he's got "it" and will be a real superstar for years to come, provided WWE doesn't assassinate his character. They probably will somewhere in there, much like they did with Ryback having his streak against Punk in a cage (for no good reason) with no way out for either of them.

Cagey

Banned
Partly the gimmick, partly Rusev's own work, but Rusev stays hated as a heel rather than being the "2cool4skool" heel that gets cheers. Rusev wants hates. Rusev gets hate. That's about the biggest compliment someone can get in modern wrestling.

Which is why Seth Rollins as a heel has been such a revelation.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
He was nothing in NXT, too. He really was. But it's obvious he's got "it" and will be a real superstar for years to come, provided WWE doesn't assassinate his character. They probably will somewhere in there, much like they did with Ryback having his streak against Punk in a cage (for no good reason) with no way out for either of them.

The biggest WWE stars, as we've learned, are not those who didn't get their characters assassinated, but rather those who survived it.

What do I need to make sure I get to while in San Francisco? Visiting Chinatown, taking the tour of Alcatraz, and crossing the Golden Gate Bridge on foot are currently on the list.

Alucard

Banned
Nah, if you look closely, it's from a non-WWE account. Looks like it was filmed with a cell phone off a screen.

Huh. So...what does that mean exactly? The WWE had nothing to do with this? Just seems really weird.

That new screen is just what ROH needed

It definitely makes them look bigger time, but the lighting still isn't right. Too damn dark most of the time.

EDIT: Bootaaay was thinking the same thing as I was. During matches, I don't mind it as much, but during intros, I think they look like an independent without a TV deal.

Alucard

Banned
Ehh, indy lighting is a crapshoot. Too many variances in buildings vs WWE, where they can always hang their light rig from the rafters.

I guess. Maybe things would improve if they got into bigger arenas? I think that ROH needs to at least get to TNA standards. If they were on Spike, I wonder how much help and/or personnel assistance they would receive to get to that level. They looked pretty great during part of their HDNet run.

Xater

So rumor has it that Axel "Axeman" Tischer might have a developmental deal with WWE. He is definitely going to the US. He would be the first German in WWE right?

Tischer-vs-Mike.jpg

Top Bottom