• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the Wrestlemania set is good this year.

What's this year's Wrestlemania theme?

RlgVkws.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure he was just WCW, but I might be wrong.

Looks like never, because...

Wright stated in an interview that WWE could not sign him as he was one of the few that were under contract with AOL Time Warner at the time.[46] He also stated that he took a break from wrestling as he was not happy with the backstage politics in WCW that were happening at the time.[46] In the years following, Wright has stayed away from regular active competition, only wrestling on rare occasions for German wrestling promotions NAWA and GWP. After working as a banker and fitness instructor he opened a pro-wrestling school called "The Wright Stuff" in Nuremberg, Germany. In 2009 he started his own wrestling promotion called New European Championship

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm making a pledge to WrassleGAF to turn this place clean again. We've lost some people because let's be honest, some pics we post are NSFW despite everyones' workplaces having different levels of lenience. I think we can all do better and still post those images, but appropriately tagged and as a link, to help us establish our brand and prove that while we are still suitable for at-work browsing, one click and you can join us in the depraved depths of Midnight-WrassleGAF.

I make this pledge to WrassleGAF that I will clean up my act. Will you make this pledge too?

#standupforwrasslegaf
#assbizbehindlink

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, is Strobogo our Sid?

I DONT KNOW SHIT, CRYBABY

Sounds like,Goldberg is,joining glory in some capacity

Hopefully not as an interviewer

I do still want an "Older Folks" division. Dudes that might still be able to bang.

Fox318

I'm making a pledge to WrassleGAF to turn this place clean again. We've lost some people because let's be honest, some pics we post are NSFW despite everyones' workplaces having different levels of lenience. I think we can all do better and still post those images, but appropriately tagged and as a link, to help us establish our brand and prove that while we are still suitable for at-work browsing, one click and you can join us in the depraved depths of Midnight-WrassleGAF.

I make this pledge to WrassleGAF that I will clean up my act. Will you make this pledge too?

#standupforwrasslegaf
#assbizbehindlink

You just posted a pic of Kevin nsh and then you type this?

Its like going to an anti-gun protest after you just did a hit and run.

Sokantish

#standupforwrasslegaf
#assbizbehindlink

Yeah, that's what probably scared off people the most. Clean this place up, Vince.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alls I'm saying is let's exercise some restraint and make them clickable.

Partly the gimmick, partly Rusev's own work, but Rusev stays hated as a heel rather than being the "2cool4skool" heel that gets cheers. Rusev wants hates. Rusev gets hate. That's about the biggest compliment someone can get in modern wrestling.

Which is why Seth Rollins as a heel has been such a revelation.

What do you mean by that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lemme put it like this.

The best stories are told in the PG era. Our Attitude Era should have stopped when we lost Stro. I'm looking forward to his TV-14 reinvention, I know it's possible.

Bigger focus on the storytelling, less of the raunch. That's what I'm going to do. Feel free to follow suit or not, but it's what I am going to do in an attempt to make us more accessible.

Because really, browsing WrassleGAF at work is the best use of your time and I want to enable others.

Toki767

I remember a time when I couldn't go 2 pages without seeing some picture of a woman in their bikini or underwear on here. Not to mention the time people were doing those random censoring pictures of people's ring gear.

Honestly surprised more mods haven't stepped in to clean this place up sooner.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny it's not like you post a bunch of lady shots anyway

Every once in a while I do, and it bugs me because I don't want to be that dude. So I'm gonna make sure I stop. We need to be more accepting and host a more inviting environment to any gender, if you even identify with one at all. We're accepting of otherkin and we are not gender binary in the least.

Come one come all, come often.

Personally, if the picture is within the context of a wrestling ring then I'm probably OK, but I don't want someone looking over my shoulder and seeing those Ass Biz posts. And, to be honest, who gives the slightest of fucks what Kaitlyn is up to these days?

Have you watched 16 Carat yet Bootay?

Only a couple of matches I was super interested in, loved Thatcher vs Dieter and Sabin vs End was great as well. They went all out and didn't put a foot wrong, best Sabin match I've seen in a while.

Xater

#standupforwrasslegaf
#assbizbehindlink

Despite me not being affected by this I support it.

Cagey

Banned
What do you mean by that?

Rollins isn't trying to be cool, he's being a little shit, and that's awesome. People love to hate little shits.

This. Seth doesn't seem afraid to be hated. He's fully embraced being a cowardly, smug little shithead and his goal is to get the entire crowd hating on him. He's not trying to split the baby with his routine by acting cool enough to have some anti-hero cred and have the smarks cheer for him, or by not appearing dastardly enough so the kids don't turn on him.

On top of all of that, he's been rather good at it. Dude gets booed out of every building. That takes effort in today's wrestling world. Big Show and Kane get booed because they're heel giants, so the younger crowd buys them as big mean bullies, and the older crowd is sick of watching them and just wants them to disappear forever. That's totally different. Seth gets booed despite us wanting to see him perform.

Rusev has the Russian nationalist gimmick to assist him, but he's doing some great work to go beyond what the gimmick itself would net him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, if the picture is within the context of a wrestling ring then I'm probably OK, but I don't want someone looking over my shoulder and seeing those Ass Biz posts. And, to be honest, who gives the slightest of fucks what Kaitlyn is up to these days?

Guilty as charged. I'm tracking her business. She had a great wrestling look, honestly, and when she was closing down her run she had a dope look:

xmhZIaL.jpg

Gotta admit, this was kinda funny.
tEQaQOp.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
boootaaaay why is it ok when you want to post about what some old fogie euro former wrestler is up to but question the validity of someone talking about a former diva?

boootaaaay why is it ok when you want to post about what some old fogie euro former wrestler is up to but question the validity of someone talking about a former diva?

Haha, "talking" is hardly the word I'd use to describe the highly intelligent discourse that occurs whenever someone posts an AssBiz Update.

Also, I don't recall posting anything about any old fogie euro former wrestlers, other than their exploits in the ring. So there :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We like to see wrestlers escape the life and lead successful lives instead of becoming a Tammy or Missy.

If we're going PG then every photo of Devitt better be photoshopped. That dudes tights are tighter and skimpier than anything I've ever posted.
B-knT9BUcAI1bj2.jpg

I'd like to add an addendum to Sunny's statement, even though I may not have the rep to do so.

I know we're all comfortable here, as is the case with most community threads. But if you talk about another thread here for the sole purpose of shitting on it, what purpose does that serve?

Don't like the Grammys? That's cool, but don't shit on it here friends
Don't like the Marvel movies? That's Cool, but leave it out of here (and is Neoxon really that bad? He just enjoys something)

I have been guilty of this friends, and like Sunny I will make an effort to stop. I think we as a whole can benefit from it.

Stay fun and playful friends

NoRéN

Sounds nuts, man. Enjoy the adventure.

Thanks, man. Tired already. Day 3 today at Raw.

I've decided I'm going to spend the next day or two introducing my sisters(they were the ones that wanted to go to Wrestlemania) to NJPW. Gotta show them why I love Kota Ibushi, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Kenny Omega.

Rusev gives us all, as fans, what we want and miss from monster heels.

He doesn't do the head-shake when he's staggered.
He tells a story in the ring using body parts.
He sells limb-specific injuries during the match and even afterwards.
He shows attention to detail with his in-ring psychology.
He reacts as you would expect when he's thrown a curve ball (see: flag not coming down all the way)

He's really the total package when it comes to enjoyment. I don't know if there's any wrestler I want to see more than Rusev. He's wonderful, and I don't mind his streak coming to an end because it's served its purpose - it helped get him over, it's helped escalate his standing to a legitimate main eventer, and he will continue to be fun to watch.

Rusev is one of the best examples of what I want to see in the future, and I'm LOVING him in the present. Rusev is the start of the next big wave of excellence that we didn't know NXT was building when he was there. What a great talent.

nDnv0lw.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to add an addendum to Sunny's statement, even though I may not have the rep to do so.

I know we're all comfortable here, as is the case with most community threads. But if you talk about another thread here for the sole purpose of shitting on it, what purpose does that serve?

Don't like the Grammys? That's cool, but don't shit on it here friends
Don't like the Marvel movies? That's Cool, but leave it out of here (and is Neoxon really that bad? He just enjoys something)

I have been guilty of this friends, and like Sunny I will make an effort to stop. I think we as a whole can benefit from it.

Stay fun and playful friends

...Neoxon is that bad, Sibersk.

Sometimes you need a group of friends around that'll listen to you vent your frustration. Better here than in their topics, because that shits them up. Being in Community turns things into an entirely different beast.

On top of that, sometimes it's good to vent about it because you get opposing different opinions, and that's how we learn. If we get someone saying "Man I'm so sick of these threads about being black and activism I don't see color" it's a great spot from a group of friends to step in and say "Hey, maybe you shouldn't be so mad, because this is a real issue. Let's talk about it" and turning it into a learning opportunity.

That said, the Avengers wasn't a good movie, and Batman sucks unless it's Batman '66.

Xater

...Neoxon is that bad, Sibersk.

Sometimes you need a group of friends around that'll listen to you vent your frustration. Better here than in their topics, because that shits them up. Being in Community turns things into an entirely different beast.

On top of that, sometimes it's good to vent about it because you get opposing different opinions, and that's how we learn. If we get someone saying "Man I'm so sick of these threads about being black and activism I don't see color" it's a great spot from a group of friends to step in and say "Hey, maybe you shouldn't be so mad, because this is a real issue. Let's talk about it" and turning it into a learning opportunity.

That said, the Avengers wasn't a good movie, and Batman sucks unless it's Batman '66.

Just when I had built up some respect for you again you do this...

Zach

#standupforwrasslegaf
#assbizbehindlink

I appreciate this initiative.

Top Bottom