• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

HHH VS Sting to be a lava death match

76312-terminator-thumbs-up-gif-YEfo.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This, goddammit. This. If you don't like those threads, stop clicking them. And if you're like Gonzalez and you hate being PC, then don't come in here and vent how nobody shares your views.

#yeahisaidit

I understand you're tired of the Sonic hate.
#staytired

Verendus

Banned
Six days to my disgusting Max Landis avatar? Or six days to the dominance of the Beast?
Until all the balee'in pays off.

This, goddammit. This. If you don't like those threads, stop clicking them. And if you're like Gonzalez and you hate being PC, then don't come in here and vent how nobody shares your views.

#yeahisaidit
You all need to be like me, and embrace positivity.

I'll set you on your way with this Disney song that feels awfully appropriate.

The only problem with getting hyped for the HHH Terminator entrance is that it's not for, like, old Terminator. The original, real Terminator that could actually happen. No, no, no. It's for new Terminator.

Also this entrance would only really work against young up and comer like Daniel Bryan, not a boring old man who ripped off his gimmick from a different Hollywood film where it's main star died during filming. Sigh. Ah well.

This. Seth doesn't seem afraid to be hated. He's fully embraced being a cowardly, smug little shithead and his goal is to get the entire crowd hating on him. He's not trying to split the baby with his routine by acting cool enough to have some anti-hero cred and have the smarks cheer for him, or by not appearing dastardly enough so the kids don't turn on him.

On top of all of that, he's been rather good at it. Dude gets booed out of every building. That takes effort in today's wrestling world. Big Show and Kane get booed because they're heel giants, so the younger crowd buys them as big mean bullies, and the older crowd is sick of watching them and just wants them to disappear forever. That's totally different. Seth gets booed despite us wanting to see him perform.

Rusev has the Russian nationalist gimmick to assist him, but he's doing some great work to go beyond what the gimmick itself would net him.

Agreed

Agreed.

It's always better than Wrestlemania anyways, so that's fine by me.

It feels like one of the last 'fan service' things the WWE currently does, even though it's not really fan service. It's just nice to watch everyone relaxed and open about their time as a professional wrestler (good and/or bad) and seems to lead to some real feel good moments towards the industry (for once).

The only problem with getting hyped for the HHH Terminator entrance is that it's not for, like, old Terminator. The original, real Terminator that could actually happen. No, no, no. It's for new Terminator.

Also this entrance would only really work against young up and comer like Daniel Bryan, not a boring old man who ripped off his gimmick from a different Hollywood film where it's main star died during filming. Sigh. Ah well.

Aww ffs Matt Smith is in the new Terminator?

Apparently Nash is going into the HOF under his real name. Then why the fuck did we get this Razor Ramon bullshit?

Rumors at the time of induction were that the WWE was very afraid of any slips Scott Hall could have in his recovery and did not want to be anymore directly tied to anything he does that could damage the image of the company. The thinking being they could put Hall in as Razor and say the character was inducted and not the man. They likely moved to put Hall in at the time because DDP and Jake were already there to babysit him and it might have been as clean as they were ever going to get him.

It feels like one of the last 'fan service' things the WWE currently does, even though it's not really fan service. It's just nice to watch everyone relaxed and open about their time as a professional wrestler (good and/or bad) and seems to lead to some real feel good moments towards the industry (for once).

Aww ffs Matt Smith is in the new Terminator?

The movie apparently has like 4-5 terminators in it.

DOOM was OK until 'that' moment. As for new Terminator movies, I wish they hadn't made anymore after the second. There's only a few franchises I can enjoy past 2 movies, and most of them are terrible guilty pleasure franchises:

- Resident Evil
- Hellrasier
- Leprechaun
- Critters
- Saw

You get the idea.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
^Alien 3 was good

I am not being ironic like friend Spiders and his Virgil shirt when I say I legitimately would like to see John Cena in a Thunder In Paradise remake.

Toki767

^Alien 3 was good

I am not being ironic like friend Spiders and his Virgil shirt when I say I legitimately would like to see John Cena in a Thunder In Paradise remake.

The current trend for top stars going into Hollywood will be towards Mr. Nanny more than Thunder in Paradise.

Hex

Banned
The Kevin Nash HOF induction has been made official

Now is time for the swerve, putting Paul through the podium at the Hall of Fame Ceremony and re-uniting the Wolfpack at Wrestlemania
Actually, it feels unnatural for Flair to have not turned on Sting in some form or fashion by now.
He turned on Sting so many times I swear it was a meme before there were memes back in NWA/WCW

Verendus

Banned
This Sunday, when Barack steps into the ring with Roman, we will be witnessing a live action movie.

The story of one man, alone, betrayed by the fans he loves, on a quest for redemption, and to conquer the one man, with Heyman, betrayed by the company he loved, in order to finally restore balance to the WWE Universe.

One man. Alone. Betrayed by the fans he loves. On a quest for redemption.

Wrestlemania.

Never has there been a night more emotional. This is what this business is all about.

Hasney

This Sunday, when Barack steps into the ring with Roman, we will be witnessing a live action movie.

The story of one man, alone, betrayed by the fans he loves, on a quest for redemption, and to conquer the one man, with Heyman, betrayed by the company he loved, in order to finally restore balance to the WWE Universe.

Wrestlemania.

Never has there been a night more emotional. This is what this business is all about.

Sounds a bit dull. What else is on?

Wrestlemania.

Friend Verendus, is there any way to have enough tissues on hand for the flow of tears once Reigns wins the match and the fans' hearts?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rumors at the time of induction were that the WWE was very afraid of any slips Scott Hall could have in his recovery and did not want to be anymore directly tied to anything he does that could damage the image of the company. The thinking being they could put Hall in as Razor and say the character was inducted and not the man. They likely moved to put Hall in at the time because DDP and Jake were already there to babysit him and it might have been as clean as they were ever going to get him.

Apparently they wanted Nash to use the Diesel name as well from things I just read. I imagine being the poster children for defecting to WCW is probably still a sore spot for a certain Vincent.

Fox318

This Sunday, when Barack steps into the ring with Cesaro, we will be witnessing a live action movie.

The story of one man, alone, betrayed by the management he has worked for, on a quest for redemption, and to conquer the one man, with Heyman, betrayed by the business he loved, in order to finally restore balance to the WWE Universe.

One man. Alone. Betrayed by the business he loves. On a quest for redemption.

Wrestlemania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I just checked it over on IMDb and it's really underwhelming. None of the actors involved look like they could win a war for our future in our past for our future's past's future.

People said the same thing about Eddie Furlong and look at him now!
tdYREYt.jpg

I'd like to add an addendum to Sunny's statement, even though I may not have the rep to do so.

I know we're all comfortable here, as is the case with most community threads. But if you talk about another thread here for the sole purpose of shitting on it, what purpose does that serve?

Don't like the Grammys? That's cool, but don't shit on it here friends
Don't like the Marvel movies? That's Cool, but leave it out of here (and is Neoxon really that bad? He just enjoys something)

I have been guilty of this friends, and like Sunny I will make an effort to stop. I think we as a whole can benefit from it.

Stay fun and playful friends

D5Iq6FU.gif

I'm with your friend, why I sent Sunny Mac a similar sentiment in that one wrasslegaf poll last month or whatever, alas he no sold my anonymous pitch, not enough backstage powers on my part.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alien and Aliens are the same on the "I enjoy this shit" meter. They're apples and oranges. Completely different movies, completely different tales to tell, completely awesome in their own regard. All the others are bleh, but Alien and Aliens are both master-class movies.

Apone was dope.

Top Bottom