• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hooooly shit, that Lucha Underground belt is incredible.

Also, here's the Mania week schedule;

9dzNYKB.jpg

Bootaaay witch evolve wrestling event or Mercury Rising do you recommend to watch Tommy End?

Kaladin

The content listing came out for the Daniel Bryan dvd. It comes with an extended Journey to Wrestlemania Documentary and if you get the Blu Ray you get these stories:

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/full-content-wwe-daniel-bryan-just-say-yes-dvd-blu-ray/83199/

Shame they don't have the Bryan vs Kaval match from FCW, that was an instant classic.

Would buy for these though:

American Dragon & Shooter Schultz vs. Brian Kendrik & Lance Cade
Austin, TX [SmackDown Taping] • February 8, 2000

Jamie Noble vs. Brian Danielson
Velocity • January 18, 2003

That alone makes this worth it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rocky Romero just reminds me of Chavo Guerrero. Decent but so boring after a while. Just feels like he's been doing the same shit forever.

That promo was awful by Trent too.

Bootaaay witch evolve wrestling event or Mercury Rising do you recommend to watch Tommy End?

Tommy has amazing matches for both EVOLVE events, at EVOLVE 39 he faces Biff Busick and at EVOLVE 40 he faces Timothy Thatcher - both of them will be very technical matches, but Busick is likely to bring out more of Tommy's hard-hitting side, while Thatcher will probably keep things more on the mat. Both should be excellent, though. He's in a 4-way match at Mercury Rising, vs Gulak, Busick & TJ Perkins. It should be a fun bout, Tommy's such an explosive competitor, but the EVOLVE matches will definitely serve as a better intro to Tommy End's work.

Oh he is now with Beretta? I liked him when I saw him for the first time here in wXw. Interested in seeing more.

Yeah, he's an interesting pick for Rocky, should compliment his style well though - as much as I liked the Hooligans, their shtick was getting a bit old.

Rocky Romero just reminds me of Chavo Guerrero. Decent but so boring after a while. Just feels like he's been doing the same shit forever.

I was kinda hoping he'd have a singles run - saw him vs Josh Bodom a few months ago and he was awesome, brought a lot to the table you never saw in Hooligans matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots do you want me to let you know when you make grammatical errors? I don't know if that's what you want.

Kaladin

Remember that time we had a bunch of folks get together in Miami for Mania?

vWCAr.jpg

From left to right:

krae_man, standing: BillRiccio, mechashiva, non-Gaffer, ZeroRay, standing: non-Gaffer, sitting: non-Gaffer, djsandman, Breakyboy

Good times.

Boots do you want me to let you know when you make grammatical errors? I don't know if that's what you want.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit about grammar in a forum post, but seeing as people were pointing out grammatical errors in my Havoc article that I then couldn't identify...fine, go ahead.

Oh, the ignominy of being corrected on the Queen's English by a gosh darn septic tank.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's your favourite Bret match, the one against Austin? I'll have to root out the match against 1 2 3 Kid.

Definitely Austin/Bret.
I like a lot of Bret's matches though because his mind can pretty much work anything into something awesome. I like Bret vs Diesel a lot, I like Bret vs Booker T a lot, Bret vs Disco Inferno was very underrated, Bret vs Funk in 97

Bret vs Hollywood Hogan was really entertaining, but that might have been personal hype. Shame it ended in interference.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Normally I wouldn't give a shit about grammar in a forum post, but seeing as people were pointing out grammatical errors in my Havoc article that I then couldn't identify...fine, go ahead.

Oh, the ignominy of being corrected on the Queen's English by a gosh darn septic tank.

When something works together, it's "complement" - compliment is only used as a term that acknowledges approval and positivity.

Sorry, I just like to try to poop on you from great distances, YALL.

Jamie OD

NoRéN;157139926 said:
Yes it is.

Big tournament will start soon on Lucha as well so don't miss the next few weeks.

Also a lot of the current feuds and storylines are finishing up so now may be a good jumping on point if you haven't watched from the beginning.

When something works together, it's "complement" - compliment is only used as a term that acknowledges approval and positivity.

Sorry, I just like to try to poop on you from great distances, YALL.

...I knew that!

:(

This is almost as bad when someone pointed out to me that I was writing "it's" all the time, regardless of the possessive rule.

I can't remember the last time this question was asked, so I'll ask it. WrassleGAF, what is your favorite match ever? Whether it be because of the story, because of the action, or because you just like it irrationally.

For me, it has to be the Shawn vs. Taker match from Mania 25. Just two of the best ever going out and putting on a show. Super high stakes and great moments. Probably the last time before the end of the Streak that I actually thought it had a chance at ending.
Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle RR 2003.

NoRéN

Also a lot of the current feuds and storylines are finishing up so now may be a good jumping on point if you haven't watched from the beginning.
And the matches coming up are good enough that even if people aren't sure why wrestlers are feuding it won't matter. Some set ups for future feuds as well.

Definitely Austin/Bret.
I like a lot of Bret's matches though because his mind can pretty much work anything into something awesome. I like Bret vs Diesel a lot, I like Bret vs Booker T a lot, Bret vs Disco Inferno was very underrated, Bret vs Funk in 97

Bret vs Hollywood Hogan was really entertaining, but that might have been personal hype. Shame it ended in interference.

I find it really interesting that you've named a number of WCW matches, as Bret's entire WCW career is a complete blur to me. All I can remember is his fizzled out feud/interaction with Sting, which should have been amazing and the Goldberg incident.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I find it really interesting that you've named a number of WCW matches, as Bret's entire WCW career is a complete blur to me. All I can remember is his fizzled out feud/interaction with Sting, which should have been amazing and the Goldberg incident.

Despite the fact that Bret Hart is a confirmed crybaby who doesn't know shit, his complaining about WCW baffled me a bit. He was CONSTANTLY featured on all the merch just as much as the other big names who were getting bigger pops than he was. He was on all the promo stuff until he left.

The match listing for that Bryan DVD looks good, but it feels like it's missing something.

<<DanielBryanGnPRomanReigns.gif>>

Oh, that's right. Got to make Roman look strong, so you can't include any of the Team Hell No/Random Guy vs. The Shield matches.

Alucard

Banned
If there's a proof that opinions can be wrong is that post right there.

Indeed. Indeed. I'll give him the ending shots of Ripley jumping into a vat of lava being pretty epic, but it just doesn't have the same creepy vibe of Alien.

Breaking News!!

Cool. I'll watch that. Sting is about to trigger some PPV buys.

Hey, I'm a millennial and Alien is amazing. Don't put us all together. #BeAStar

Sorry, man. Thanks for calling me out.

kiguel182

The match listing for that Bryan DVD looks good, but it feels like it's missing something.

<<DanielBryanGnPRomanReigns.gif>>

Oh, that's right. Got to make Roman look strong, so you can't include any of the Team Hell No/Random Guy vs. The Shield matches.

That TLC match was so good. So good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They're letting him talk?

He has to be around to get beaten up before WM to make it even sorta credible he'll lose. Given that his schtick is just showing up randomly to hit people with bats, I don't know how it would work otherwise.

Shame they don't have the Bryan vs Kaval match from FCW, that was an instant classic.

Would buy for these though:

American Dragon & Shooter Schultz vs. Brian Kendrik & Lance Cade
Austin, TX [SmackDown Taping] • February 8, 2000

Jamie Noble vs. Brian Danielson
Velocity • January 18, 2003

That alone makes this worth it.

Holy shit! I remember this match! I was at this taping! That match was awesome! I remember totally ragging on Daniel Bryan's gear to my friend. Ha ha ha.

Top Bottom