• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

We're into it.

They're trying to get as much heat on Miz as possible before Mizdow stands up for himself.

They're trying to make it as meaningful as they can for a mid-card feud so they're milking the character for now.

I'd wager we get Mizdow turning on Miz at Raw After Mania.

Mizdow will return to his greatest form afterwards.

Sandow-Magneto.gif

mitb14_photo_106.jpg

Main-Event-101414-Damien-Sandow-Mizdow-Sheamus.jpg

Sandow.jpg

0.jpg

ME_086_Photo_06.jpg

13.jpg

Striker

He did a good job being led, so I disagree. Maybe saying he was totally carried was too much, but Punk did carry him on my opinion.

And Punk is that good.
He's fine. But people tend to overrate his matches. Like the Cena match at MitB 2011, people act like it was Savage and Steamboat.

More than anything else, I hated the booking in his match with Lesnar at SummerSlam. Why am I suppose to believe a former UFC Champion who weighs 300 lbs. needs assistance in taking out a guy who looks like he barely weighs 215 lbs. and has little muscle?

RP912

Banned
Since we on the topic of Punk..... was he really "Best in the World" to anybody?

Despite his long title reign and some of his good matches...was it all hyped or was it legit?

The reason why I asked this because over the past year since Punk's new line of employment, there have been wrestlers that blew him out of the water including AJ Styles who really backed up his shit during his transformation to 5 o' clock shadow. It felt like I fell for the hype because of "Summer of Punk". I'm not saying he's not a bad wrestler at all but clearly dude was Piper with better wrestling moves because Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, AJ Styles, and even Austin Aries can put on a better match than him.

I'm just being real.

Heroman

Banned
He's fine. But people tend to overrate his matches. Like the Cena match at MitB 2011, people act like it was Savage and Steamboat.

More than anything else, I hated the booking in his match with Lesnar at SummerSlam. Why am I suppose to believe a former UFC Champion who weighs 300 lbs. needs assistance in taking out a guy who looks like he barely weighs 215 lbs. and has little muscle?

Whoa,Punk vs cena is better than savage vs steamboat

So, I'm sitting my barbershop and I saw a local commercial saying Jon Stewart will go head-to-head with Seth Rollins in Newark tonight.

The way the commercial was produced, it wasn't like anything WWE has put out so I'm guessing The Daily Show paid for it?

EDIT: I also caught the WWE logo upside down so maybe they'll be on Miz's show?

What would you say about a guy with a flabby gut who needs a swat vest to win matches taking on the former UFC Heavyweight Champion?

We're into it.

They're trying to get as much heat on Miz as possible before Mizdow stands up for himself.

They're trying to make it as meaningful as they can for a mid-card feud so they're milking the character for now.

I'd wager we get Mizdow turning on Miz at Raw After Mania.

Edit: Damn you SephZilla.

Yeah that's probably it. Hard to judge because I've been watching most of their matches I guess. A bit more variety in the dickishness by Miz would keep it fresh, maybe some at home stuff where Mizdow has to put salt & pepper on his food and Miz keeps saying "more more more more" until "nope too much, recook the entire 6 course meal". I'd laugh.

Since we on the topic of Punk..... was he really "Best in the World" to anybody?

Despite his long title reign and some of his good matches...was it all hyped or was it legit?

The reason why I asked this because over the past year since Punk's new line of employment, there have been wrestlers that blew him out of the water including AJ Styles who really backed up his shit during his transformation to 5 o' clock shadow. It felt like I fell for the hype because of "Summer of Punk". I'm not saying he's not a bad wrestler at all but clearly dude was Piper with better wrestling moves because Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, AJ Styles, and even Austin Aries can put on a better match than him.

I'm just being real.

He stole the Best In The World moniker from Bryan Danielson's ROH Gimmick, as a way to get heel heat. Then they turned him face a few months later anyway.

I disagree completely, and don't think his matches are overrated at all, and neither is Punk. He's phenomenal.

If you have trouble believing that, then you should stop at "UFC champion" and disregard people's weights entirely, because Brock would absolutely demolish anyone on the entire roster in an actual fight, regardless of weights, so that criticism makes no sense.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena vs Punk at MITB 2011 is without a doubt one of the top ten matches in WWE/F history. I don't see how anyone can think differently. The build to it, the match itself, the aftermath and to top it off, the crowd. 10/10 match.

Aiii

So not worth it
How do yall save gifs properly to iPad? When I save them they aren't animated and stuck on first frame....

Switch to Android. I've been an iPad guy from the first second. Even imported one from the US, but Android has surpassed it and then some. Get a Xperia.

To answer your question, this can't be done. Gif's save as stills.

somedevil

Going by this line of reasoning then how will Bryan be able to beat Brock without help? The difference is quite easy to notice but still people wanted the match.

RP912

Banned
He stole the Best In The World moniker from Bryan Danielson's ROH Gimmick, as a way to get heel heat. Then they turned him face a few months later anyway.

I can see that....but some wrestling fans actually believe in it like every match he touch was gold. His last good match was with Bork at Summerslam.

Cena vs Punk at MITB 2011 is without a doubt one of the top ten matches in WWE/F history. I don't see how anyone can think differently. The build to it, the match itself, the aftermath and to top it off, the crowd. 10/10 match.

Ofcourse. I love that match...everything about it was excellent. No denying that match was a classic.

I can see that....but some wrestling fans actually believe in it like every match he touch was gold. His last good match was with Bork at Summerslam.

Ofcourse. I love that match...everything about it was excellent. No denying that match was a classic.

You really expecting awesome matches out of axle, ryback or a handicap match? Dude was in Randy Orton don't give a shit mode after SS.

guy is one of,the most versatile guys on the roster. Straight edge society, summer of punk. Matching up with guys like rock and taker without dropping a beat. Dude deserves his accolades

Toki767

Remember when they gave match of the year that year to Rock vs Cena and Punk vs Brock wasn't even nominated because they wanted to nominate HHH vs Brock instead?

I'm just being real.
I am 100% more interested in Punk as a total package than any of those other guys, particularly AJ. Bryan comes close.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I'm just being real.

Not best, but a lot of fun to watch.

Whoa, that's DEFINITELY some hyperbole there. I can name ten far better matches from the Double Double E on that top ten list above a Pank vs Cener match. The build was something special, the match not so.

Kaladin

BREAKING NEWS: In a Facebook exclusive, Zack Ryder - WWE Universe has announced that he will enter the ‪#‎AndreTheGiantMemorialBattleRoyal‬ at WWE WrestleMania March 29 at Levi's Stadium.

#JobberBattleRoyal

1,100 tickets sold for the PROGRESS May weekender in 40 minutes with no card announced, other than the fact that they'll be holding a two-day, 16 man tournament! These guys just keep going from strength to strength, can't wait for the shows. And hell, there's still Chapter 18 to get through at the end of the month.

Striker

What would you say about a guy with a flabby gut who needs a swat vest to win matches taking on the former UFC Heavyweight Champion?
It would be more believable if they built up Reigns throughout 2014 better in singles competition. Even as meaningless the IC or US titles are, it would've done him more good had held one of those and had a decent feud in the midcard before his main event push.

It would be more believable if they built up Reigns throughout 2014 better in singles competition. Even as meaningless the IC or US titles are, it would've done him more good had held one of those and had a decent feud in the midcard before his main event push.
Reigns isn't good in the ring at all, and belongs nowhere near the Wrestlemania main event.

Top Bottom