• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Paracelsus

Another person people hate

Hey, here's an idea: maybe haters...shouldn't hate? Shake it off and embrace the love and Cena/Reigns

I didn't mean that, I meant that since then there's always been lots of charismatic names with no actual gimmick, they were just there and were okay at their job.

Chickenshit heel for most of his top name run, nobody remembers his face/tweener run at the end. He was good, it's also easier to be a heel.

Another person people hate

Hey, here's an idea: maybe haters...shouldn't hate? Shake it off and embrace the love and Cena/Reigns

image.php

This Booker T special is pretty good, despite WWE's continually rewriting history with WCW.

The latest whopper? WCW wasn't ready to accept a black champion, and black wrestlers never got a fair shot in WCW.

Five minutes after that, they brush by the WM 19 match, conveniently leaving out Triple H's "nappy hair" promo.

Did Booker ever get a full WWE DVD release?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm watching Eternal Sunshine tonight, it's that kind of night brehs.

This Booker T special is pretty good, despite WWE's continually rewriting history with WCW.

The latest whopper? WCW wasn't ready to accept a black champion, and black wrestlers never got a fair shot in WCW.

Five minutes after that, they brush by the WM 19 match, conveniently leaving out Triple H's "nappy hair" promo.

They'll probably turn this into a full DVD like they did with the Shield Summerslam doc. Recycling network content into DVD's is going to be their new business.

Paracelsus

The Taker thing is kinda ridiculous. Here's the man that ruined your streak and made your main selling point into nothing. What are you gonna do, go after him for revenge like you did on Kane in 2004 and 1998? Resume your bad blood with Vince after you quit in 99?

Nah, let's go after a no-name. There's also no guarantee people will care about him in his current form, because him pinning Wyatt leads absolutely nowhere. He pins him, he's still 22-1 and he's gone the next day. WWE sounds really desperate.

The Taker thing is kinda ridiculous. Here's the man that ruined your streak and made your main selling point into nothing. What are you gonna do, go after him for revenge like you did on Kane in 2004 and 1998? Resume your bad blood with Vince after you quit in 99?

Nah, let's go after a no-name. There's also no guarantee people will care about him in his current form, because him pinning Wyatt leads absolutely nowhere. He pins him, he's still 22-1 and he's gone the next day. WWE sounds really desperate.

He's not going after Bray. Bray is going after him. And if you think people won't care about the goddamn Undertaker, you are insane.

I like Reigns, but don't think for a second I wouldn't derail the War Wagon if DA BIG GUY got his rightful main event push. Sorry friends, but you can #believedat
I guess you could say I'm the lucky one.

I can do both too. Seems so weird to me that someone can't.

I guess now I know what it feels like to be Scott Steiner and look down on all the other fatasses who have no peaks and/or freaks.

Paracelsus

He's not going after Bray. Bray is going after him. And if you think people won't care about the goddamn Undertaker, you are insane.

The match last year was terrible, he looked terrible, his streak is over. This year there's "yeah, like he's gonna lose two years in a row, sure" feeling in the air. He pins Wyatt and then what? Wyatt is not the new Taker Vince wants, Taker is still gone, Taker is not going this year in the HOF so there's no celebration of that sort.

The match last year was terrible, he looked terrible, his streak is over. This year there's "yeah, like he's gonna lose two years in a row, sure" feeling in the air. He pins Wyatt and then what? Wyatt is not the new Taker Vince wants, Taker is still gone, Taker is not going this year in the HOF so there's no celebration of that sort.

He's a legend. People will care no matter what he does. The quality of his match last year is irrelevant. As for next year, it's easy to see. He's going to face Sting and go into the HoF.

Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait are you serious

this fucking company

RP912

Banned

Thankfully I stopped watching that shit after they brush through his past life.

His book is ten times better than that "documentary".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Booker T would have never won the title in WWF if he had started there. I'm not surprised to see Vince and company try to put its own issues onto WCW.

Rusev reminds me of Quake. Which means I wonder how many years before he's in GWF proclaiming that he's not a shark, he's a man after they misuse him.

Anth0ny

hahahahahhaha fucking WOW

they would skip over the mania 19 match

hahahahahhaha fucking WOW

they would skip over the mania 19 match
I watched WM 19 recently, and I had completely forgotten the finish to that match: Triple H hits the pedigree and pins him clean after a ridiculously long delayed cover.

That finish might honestly be the worst moment of Paul politicking ever. It would be kind of dumb under any circumstance, but given the context of that feud it was just so unbelievably bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That shouldn't bother me because it's WWE, but that 'won't accept a black champion' bullshit really fucking bothers me. They had their issues, but they never had anything as bad as Triple H's Booker T promo, Triple H's Shelton Benjamin promo, the Nation of Domination blackface, or the Goldust blackface.

Meanwhile, Harlem Heat was one of the top 'main' 3 tag team teams in early WCW with the Steiners and the Nasty Boyz. They were incredibly over. Booker's singles run was exactly how I would book a singles run. It was perfect, and the crowd loved Booker for years due to being booked strong without being forced down anybody's throat. He earned their love by being a mainstay. The only flaw with Booker's booking in WCW was that the really big names weren't there to put him over at the end, and he had to deal with Jarrett, and he got caught in the hotshot fever of late WCW. WCW tapings from the early 90s to the end of it always had a large racial diversity. Elix Skipper had one of the strongest booked cruiserweight reigns in the later years of WCW. Ron Simmons won the world title and was booked in such a way as more of a reason to get Vader over and make the crowd pop huge for it, but the reason they did that was because Simmons was so over as a babyface at that point. AND they did this when they still put a lot of value and prestige in the WCW title. And Simmons constantly feuded with main event level talent.They put a black man on regular commentary before WWE ever did(Stevie Ray). They put the tag titles on 2 Cold Scorpio and Bagwell and booked 2 Cold Scorpio as a positive role model/babyface which highlighted dancing, telling kids to go to school, and also highlighting his amazing maneuvers before ECW or WWF ever booked him. When WWF got him, they put him as a dancer with no kind of positive promos other than dancing 'haha laugh at him' and putting him in a jobber stable.

Fuck them. That's fucking gross. Booker never would have gotten the title in WWE if he wasn't a former WCW champion. Fuck them.
46QxMde.png

Paracelsus

I don't think there's even an argument. Ron Simmons got a proper long reign and that was almost ten years before WCW ended. WWE to this day never had an african-american WWE Champion. In WCW there was one champion, WWE clearly used the now buried WHC belt to put over people they didn't want to give the major world title to, all too convenient.

Has a black wrestler even won the wwe championship? What the hell is wwe talking about lol

I think Bobby Lashley would've eventually won it if he stayed in the WWE.

And honestly, WCW was more progressive, despite their Southern ties.

It's too bad Bischoff, Russo and a whole lot of old men/nepotism caused the downfall. Now, the victor gets to rewrite history.

DominoKid

lmao this company has no shame at all.

Meltzer said last night that indie promoters (ROH included) are being told that Samoa Joe is only taking bookings through the end of April, and won''t be available after that. Sounds to me like he might be taking that WWE offer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
IgehERn.gif

Terry Taylor is on commentary. Terry Taylor must be a really nice guy in real life or something. That's the only way that I can explain how he's been booked for so long and so positively spoken of. He's a shitty wrestler and a shitty commentator. Him and Brad Armstrong should have made a team in WCW so the commentary could double up on the 'no, really! he's great!' talk in one match instead of two.

scabro

Meltzer said last night that indie promoters (ROH included) are being told that Samoa Joe is only taking bookings through the end of April, and won''t be available after that. Sounds to me like he might be taking that WWE offer.

bah god, what's Polynesian Paul doing in the Full Sail Zone?

Toki767

I hope Triple H can teach Joe to not yell randomly into the mic when cutting a promo.

Paracelsus

He tattooed his face in the past, no way someone hasn't let Vince know of it. That's the body type, the idea. I think he'll tweak the gimmick a little bit to not jinx it, but that's how it's probably gonna go down. I can see him going after Rusev, also.

I'm really enjoying the IC Storyline at the moment, I feel like it was only a few months ago I said I missed a good old fashioned stolen title story. This isn't exactly what I had in mind, but I like it! A bunch of wrestlers 'fighting' for the title, suddenly it looks like this thing is actually wanted!

The best thing about Joe going to NXT would be him getting in great shape. Almost everyone (except Hero) improved their physique immensely by going to NXT and training at the PC non-stop.

He tattooed his face in the past, no way someone hasn't let Vince know of it. That's the body type, the idea. I think he'll tweak the gimmick a little bit to not jinx it, but that's how it's probably gonna go down. I can see him going after Rusev, also.

Vince doesn't make talent/gimmick decisions for NXT guys, that's Hunter's job. He allows the guys in NXT to have a decent amount of say in their characters and gimmicks. So unless Vince takes his gimmick from NXT and completely modifies it, and that hasn't happened before, then he'd be fine.

Top Bottom