• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Paracelsus

Vince doesn't make talent/gimmick decisions for NXT guys, that's Hunter's job. He allows the guys in NXT to have a decent amount of say in their characters and gimmicks. So unless Vince takes his gimmick from NXT and completely modifies it, and that hasn't happened before, then he'd be fine.

The Samoan Submission Machine thing could work against Rusev.

A shame with all the bad necks flying around I can't see them allowing the muscle buster and the island driver.

bjork

Roman is Poochie in wrassler form.

Bray needs to beat UT, then they do a death thing like Royal Rumble 94, except have UT's spirit enter Bray and then he's like a split personality. Ties into that thing Bray said about Husky Harris, then they can have him transfer his Bray power into Bo. Then they crucify IRS on Raw and Ted DiBiase teams up with Sting and God v Underbrayker and Bo in a handicap match. Money, I tell you.

Vince doesn't make talent/gimmick decisions for NXT guys, that's Hunter's job. He allows the guys in NXT to have a decent amount of say in their characters and gimmicks. So unless Vince takes his gimmick from NXT and completely modifies it, and that hasn't happened before, then he'd be fine.

PBBPahn.jpg

Alo0oy

Banned
What the hell are they doing with Randy? Please tell me what happened tonight will lead to him being inserted into the main event.

& why is Daniel Bryan in an irrelevant midcard match? Why is Roman Reigns burying the authority?

Why the fuck is WWE booking still this bad?

zychi

Banned
The Taker thing is kinda ridiculous. Here's the man that ruined your streak and made your main selling point into nothing. What are you gonna do, go after him for revenge like you did on Kane in 2004 and 1998? Resume your bad blood with Vince after you quit in 99?

Nah, let's go after a no-name. There's also no guarantee people will care about him in his current form, because him pinning Wyatt leads absolutely nowhere. He pins him, he's still 22-1 and he's gone the next day. WWE sounds really desperate.

The fact that all 3 of the main matches of WM are missing the other half of the promos every week is ridiculous. Remember when everyone complained about part-timers getting the PPV?

Brock
Taker
Sting

Maybe a combined 30 appearances all year? Taker doesn't have a single one since last WM.

No wonder everyone says the new guys can't get anywhere. And when they push a new guy, he doesn't even have anyone to talk to and the fans rip him apart.

Paracelsus

So will people remember Phil Brooks for being more of a heel than a face?

Punk is easily the only guy since Austin and Rock that can provide good entertainment regardless. As a matter of fact, Austin's only good heel run was in 96, he was garbage in 2001. Rock was pretend-heel. It certainly didn't translate into their star power but that's just how it is.

The biggest mistake that was done with Punk when he won the WHC was that they blended his heel "straight-edge" persona with a face run. They made him into a boyscout looking like a punk.

tm24

B_JfYhHU8AAw7DP.jpg

Gee, i wonder who the mystery partner will be.

Pentagon Jr gonna do his best to make everyone look like stars :( It's ok, he's still a star to me

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
No gif of that lingering shot of dejected Cena after Stephanie outhustled him? The truth hurts Johnny.

What the hell are they doing with Randy? Please tell me what happened tonight will lead to him being inserted into the main event.

& why is Daniel Bryan in an irrelevant midcard match? Why is Roman Reigns burying the authority?

Why the fuck is WWE booking still this bad?
Randy is likely just getting close to Rollins so he can turn on him.

What match should Bryan be in? At least it feels like a bunch of people care about the IC title at the moment. It's been a LONG time since both midcard titles felt like they mattered

Reigns has to look strong for Brock

So whats this stuff about Bill Demott bullying the living shit out of people but especially telling Enzo to drop dead and slamming him on his head

im assuming demott is going to lose his job asap.

Alo0oy

Banned
Randy is likely just getting close to Rollins so he can turn on him.

But it's so dumb, the crowd are so eager to cheer for him, he's been getting massive pops since he returned, all WWE is doing is confusing the crowd.

What match should Bryan be in? At least it feels like a bunch of people care about the IC title at the moment. It's been a LONG time since both midcard titles felt like they mattered

A relevant match, Reigns should be the one in that match not Bryan, Reigns isn't ready, almost every top guy held a midcard title for a lengthy reign before winning his first world title, reigns is being put in the main event way too soon, while Bryan who is infinitely more over is languishing in midcard hell?

Alucard

Banned
Man, so-called "smart" marks need to stop with the CM Punk shit when AJ's in the arena. Get the fuck over it, you assholes.

But it's so dumb, the crowd are so eager to cheer for him, he's been getting massive pops since he returned, all WWE is doing is confusing the crowd.

A relevant match, Reigns should be the one in that match not Bryan, Reigns isn't ready, almost every top guy held a midcard title for a lengthy reign before winning his first world title, reigns is being put in the main event way too soon, while Bryan who is infinitely more over is languishing in midcard hell?
Yeah it would've been fun to have Orton come in and rampage, but I'll wait and see how this plays out. Could be good, but will likely be shit. I think he'll turn on Rollins the week after next week.

While I agree that Bryan should be facing Lesnar, it's not happening. They chose this path and it's too late to change it. Would've been stupid to change it as well. This is basically gonna be a money in the bank match, so it should be pretty damn good. And if Bryan wins then he could make the title feel damn important.

So whats this stuff about Bill Demott bullying the living shit out of people but especially telling Enzo to drop dead and slamming him on his head

im assuming demott is going to lose his job asap.

He's been known to be like this for years and he still has his job. He isn't going anywhere.

Aiii

So not worth it
Two Olsen Twins references in one night, did those two make a come-back or something? I haven't heard anything from them for at least a decade, except for one of them doing a guest spot in Weeds for a few episodes.

KissVibes

Banned
Is the IC title headed for a 24/7 defense on the WWE Network like people wanted with the hardcore title?

Edit: AXELMANIA IS THE BEST SHIT. THIS IS AXEL'S YEAR.

Alo0oy

Banned
Yeah it would've been fun to have Orton come in and rampage, but I'll wait and see how this plays out. Could be good, but will likely be shit. I think he'll turn on Rollins the week after next week.

While I agree that Bryan should be facing Lesnar, it's not happening. They chose this path and it's too late to change it. Would've been stupid to change it as well. This is basically gonna be a money in the bank match, so it should be pretty damn good. And if Bryan wins then he could make the title feel damn important.

Yeah, I know what's done is done, but putting Bryan in a midcard match against jobbers for a title nobody cares about after he main evented WM last year is BS. They could have had him go against Rusev instead of letting Cena bury young talent again.

Yeah, I know what's done is done, but putting Bryan in a midcard match against jobbers for a title nobody cares about after he main evented WM last year is BS. They could have had him go against Rusev instead of letting Cena bury young talent again.

The point is that Bryan being in the IC title match makes that belt more important. It's not supposed to bring him down, he's supposed to bring it up.

Hasney

The point is that Bryan being in the IC title match makes that belt more important. It's not supposed to bring him down, he's supposed to bring it up.

We could leave Wrestlemania with Bryan and Cena holding the midcard belts.

All I've wanted from Bryan really is to get involved in a good match. Ladder match for the IC title with all that talent? It's the first time I've considered re-subbing for WM.

On a followup from Sunday night, Meltzer said on his latest audio that the belief is that Joe will likely be headed to NXT/WWE after he finishes up his indie dates at the end of April.

Also for the record, Meltzer said there is heat on Demott inside WWE. He doesn't know what, if anything, will come from it, but it's not a non-issue.

Alo0oy

Banned

The IC title is hopeless, it will never be elevated, the only thing the match is gonna do is devalue Bryan in the eyes of the fans, his pops are already getting considerably smaller

Top Bottom