• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Could you imagine Reigns trying to cut a promo against one of the best talkers in the world in John Stewart? That'd be great.

Seth held his own though.

Incidentally, while we're bitching about obnoxious shit, 15mb gifs guys...really? Chrome's a piece of shit with gifs recently, but it copes better with multiple reasonable sized gifs (as in, 5mb or less) than it does with one huge-ass 15mb gif. Resize that shit.

I hope Joe can find a fuck or two to give after wasting away in TNA for years. He's 35 and maybe has 5 years left at the WWE pace.

After being front row to see him at PROGRESS last September, I've no doubt he'll be able to rise to the challenge.

Eh9si7s.gif

Fox318

Fox, I realize the Cesaro Alert is supposed to be funny but that shit's gonna fast-track you to a lot of peoples' ignore lists, because animated 2-frame sirens ARE annoying. Watch out!

I'll have you know its 4 frames.

but noted. I won't post it if its really annoying people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also I'm pretty stoked about Madusa going into the HoF. She certainly does deserve it - she had a LOT of really good matches with some really dope talent in the 80s and early 90s. Not so much her later matches, but the 80s stuff, she could have with some serious fuckin' bruisers. Good for her.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have you know its 4 frames.

but noted. I won't post it if its really annoying people.

2x2 = 4

shit

I'd just save it for actual important Cesaro things, which means benching it forever because this is probably his apex :(

Sephzilla

Joe will show up in NXT as Umaga 2.

In all seriousness I think Joe will show up in NXT and have maybe a 2 month run before going to the main roster.

Watched an AAW show from December, it was pretty fun - good main event with Kingston & Jacobs vs the Monster Mafia, plus ACH vs Christian Faith was a blast and I enjoyed Uhaa vs Davey (although they did this one segment where 11 German suplexes were thrown in 2 and a half minutes, which totally reeked of a Davey Richards idea and I didn't enjoy it at all). Sabin vs Heidi was pretty good, Sabin morphed into a total asshole in the match (see GIF below) and continued after the show, with a promo calling Shelley the Jannetty of the Machine Guns.

V8LkHrn.gif

HHH had the smallest reaction, his promo was boring and no one gave any fucks

It came over boring as hell on TV too, and made me think who is this story really for? No-one really cares for it, they haven't really built Sting up as anyone other than some guy who went down with the sinking ship 15 years ago. They have all this archived WCW footage and I can't remember seeing any promo videos showcasing Sting throughout the years.

Why does HHH hate Sting exactly? I know he says he hates him because Sting tried to end his career, but it comes across so forced.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
It came over boring as hell on TV too, and made me think who is this story really for? No-one really cares for it, they haven't really built Sting up as anyone other than some guy who went down with the sinking ship 15 years ago. They have all this archived WCW footage and I can't remember seeing any promo videos showcasing Sting throughout the years.

Why does HHH hate Sting exactly? I know he says he hates him because Sting tried to end his career, but it comes across so forced.
Well HHH has to work an entire angle by himself so it's not easy

Can Bryan please just get sent down to NXT? There are so many phenomenal matches there waiting for him.

Just run an angle where the Authority uses their backstage powers to "relegate" Bryan down to NXT where he has three months to win the title or is banished from the WWE Universe.
High drama, strong matches and an in built comeback story when he begrudgingly returns to Raw and faces off against the Corporate Demon Kane.

jmdajr

How can you build Sting when he's contracted for 1 match and doesn't talk.

They are doing what they can..and hey..Stone Cold likes it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
W (although they did this one segment where 11 German suplexes were thrown in 2 and a half minutes, which totally reeked of a Davey Richards idea and I didn't enjoy it at all).

And people complained about Bork/Cena.

How can you build Sting when he's contracted for 1 match and doesn't talk.

They are doing what they can..and hey..Stone Cold likes it!

Triple H is doing what he did with Bryan last year - making it happen. Triple H has been great at this.

Sephzilla

Triple H is doing what he did with Bryan last year - making it happen. Triple H has been great at this.

Except I don't think the actual match will be anywhere near as good as Bryan/HHH :/

Honestly I think Bryan helped move that feud along last year as much as HHH. I know GAF loves Queen Steph but she hurt that feud in my opinion by repeating the same promo for about 5 weeks straight.

And people complained about Bork/Cena.

It was so dumb. Uhaa went to do his three-in-a-row German suplex spot, then Davey reversed the waist lock on the 3rd attempt and tried to do the spot himself, only for Uhaa to reverse the waist lock on Davey's 3rd try, Davey AGAIN reversed it and re-started the spot, Uhaa reversed it AGAIN and this time, finally, connected with all three suplexes. To be fair, they sold it like death afterwards and were both looking pretty exhausted, but still. Fuck that spot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
.. 0. Its deleted, lol.

Hahahahaha

I loved the Borking of Cena, but that wasn't 11 suplexes in 2 minutes. Bork took his time, and Cena looked destroyed at the end of the sequence. I don't think Richards or Uhaa could sell well enough to get 11 suplexes in 2 minutes over.

I meant it the opposite way - I felt there was nothing wrong with Bork doing that. I find it funny how some people (not many here, thankfully) will criticize Bork's match with Cener but not say shit about this kind of contrived shit.

Top Bottom