• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

My complaint about the Brock thing was that it was all German suplexes. Dude's a machine, I want to see him busting out all the variations; t-bone, belly-to-belly, fisherman, saito, backdrop, half-hatch, dragon, tiger, etc.

I don't think Richards or Uhaa could sell well enough to get 11 suplexes in 2 minutes over.

People are going to be very surprised at how versatile Uhaa is, he can sell very well, as his match with BxB Hulk last Sunday demonstrated.

Oh, did Reigns add a move to his 4-move repertoire?

The fist bump

tumblr_n8da54GYKp1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People are going to be very surprised at how versatile Uhaa is, he can sell very well, as his match with BxB Hulk last Sunday demonstrated.

And THAT match was fucking GOOOOOD. Thank you for sharing it the other day.

Cagey

Banned
One thought from last night's RAW crowd.

- Smarks complain about lack of women's wrestling, proceed to chant "JBL", "Booker T", and then "CM Punk" at AJ.
- Smarks complain about lack of wrestling on RAW, main event is a good Rollins/Reigns match, and there's "JBL" "Randy Savage" etc. chants. Loud, too, not one-off morons.
- Smarks boo Reigns, whole arena makes the "ooooh" sound before spear.

More than anything else, more than good matches or good promos or whatever, wrestling fans just want to chant shit. That's it. That's the essence of pro wrestling fandom.

Sephzilla

So how was Raw last night? I didn't get around to watching it.

My complaint about the Brock thing was that it was all German suplexes. Dude's a machine, I want to see him busting out all the variations; t-bone, belly-to-belly, fisherman, saito, backdrop, half-hatch, dragon, tiger, etc.

I think the point to the German suplex thing was to show that Brock is so tough he can beat you with fewer moves than Cena knows. If Brock had more matches with Seth or had a Bryan match I think we'd see more diverse stuff from Brock though

miserable

- Smarks complain about lack of women's wrestling, proceed to chant "JBL", "Booker T", and then "CM Punk" at AJ.
- Smarks complain about lack of wrestling on RAW, main event is a good Rollins/Reigns match, and there's "JBL" "Randy Savage" etc. chants. Loud, too, not one-off morons.

More than anything else, more than good matches or good promos or whatever, wrestling fans just want to chant shit. That's it. That's the essence of pro wrestling fandom.

if the fans liked what they see, maybe they wouldn't chant random shit

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Also the reason why What chants will never die. People will still be chanting that shit 20 years from now.

jred2k

Just run an angle where the Authority uses their backstage powers to "relegate" Bryan down to NXT where he has three months to win the title or is banished from the WWE Universe.
High drama, strong matches and an in built comeback story when he begrudgingly returns to Raw and faces off against the Corporate Demon Kane.

This will just result in Corporate Kane getting matches DQ'ed at Full Sail as well.

bjork

Hogan was doing house shows in 2002?

When I got the tickets, it was originally supposed to be a Hogan v. Flair match. Then who knows what kind of shit Ric got up to, so it shifted to Angle. Hulk spent most of the match trying to take off Kurt's headgear, eventually succeeding and putting the wig and headgear on all awkwardly while he humped the air.

Fox318

The women's matches will take time to build up but you are fucking on point when they chanted for Punk when AJ returned.

What chants are the worst I don't care if you like or love reigns but let him speak without getting whatted every second.

I'm sure I've posted this before, but fuck it, watch it anyways if you haven't;

Andre the Giant vs Killer Khan - (NJPW 1982/04/01)

Y9C6Iuw.gif

Killer Khan's severely underrated and any time he got in the ring with Andre it was great. Even though he was a heel, the crowd go crazy when he starts doing whatever he can to punish Andre and his comeback gets such a huge ovation. Andre starts off with his usual clowning around, but quickly realises he shouldn't take Khan lightly and becomes methodical in keeping Killer grounded and working him over. He takes the Mongolian chops once near the start of the match and decides there's no fucking way he wants that to happen again, so when Khan finally gets to rain down chop after chop the crowd lose their shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know who's underrated? Buzz Sawyer. That guy looks like he'd kill you, yank your teeth out, and try to sell them on the black market.

Cagey

Banned
The women's matches will take time to build up but you are fucking on point when they chanted for Punk when AJ returned.

Unfortunately, it's going to keep happening, too.

I'm fascinated to see how they try to make Samoa Joe a relatively big deal without even mentioning TNA at all. HHH will talk about how he is a legend from ROH before he mentions TNA.

Talking up ROH exploits makes a guy sound like he was on the grind working his ass off to get to the top (i.e. WWE).

Talking up TNA exploits makes a guy sound like he was a failure because he wound up in TNA instead of WWE.

jred2k

If everyone in the arena was more like Alucard and just went to the bathroom during Divas matches we wouldn't have to worry about them chanting.

That Rude/Medusa gif is fantastic but maybe it's just me but something really weird seems to be happening to her boobs. I'm kind of creeped out.

Joe signing with WWE would leave me legit shook as I loved his ROH run and his early TNA stuff wasn't bad. Joe vs Ziggler, Joe vs Rollins, Joe vs Balor and Joe vs Owens would all get me excited.

Top Bottom