• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Gonzalez

Banned
yLU9HnQ.jpg
Oh shit Sugar Ray.

Shibata vs. Goto in the 2nd round of the bottom bracket could be terrific. Shibata, Goto, and Honma seem like they're positioned to advance in the bottom half. Tanahashi vs. Ibushi in the second round in the top bracket could be awesome and another step in Ibushi's push to the top.

Okada is positioned to go up against two members of the Bullet Club to redeem himself and take on Styles for the IWGP title.

Heroman

Banned
So how was Raw last night? I didn't get around to watching it.

I think the point to the German suplex thing was to show that Brock is so tough he can beat you with fewer moves than Cena knows. If Brock had more matches with Seth or had a Bryan match I think we'd see more diverse stuff from Brock though
Very promo heavy raw, most of it was good expect for Romans part and the diva match.

Bowser

One thought from last night's RAW crowd.

- Smarks complain about lack of women's wrestling, proceed to chant "JBL", "Booker T", and then "CM Punk" at AJ.
- Smarks complain about lack of wrestling on RAW, main event is a good Rollins/Reigns match, and there's "JBL" "Randy Savage" etc. chants. Loud, too, not one-off morons.
- Smarks boo Reigns, whole arena makes the "ooooh" sound before spear.

More than anything else, more than good matches or good promos or whatever, wrestling fans just want to chant shit. That's it. That's the essence of pro wrestling fandom.

I agree with the dumb chants part here, but the match wasn't really good. Like, at all.

Knowing Gedo, Bad Luck Fale will win the New Japan Cup and waste our time again.

a state voted for this man to be their governor.

To actually run a budget.

I'd rather have someone like Ventura than a career know-nothing know-it-all like Scott Walker, Sam Brownback, or Bobby Jindal. Nice job running your states into the ground, dicks.

JavyOO7

Meltzer never said it was definite that Joe is signing with WWE. He did say there's a 'component' in WWE in re: to Joe not being with ROH anymore after Apr. 25. Unless I listened incorrectly.

jred2k

Meltzer never said it was definite that Joe is signing with WWE. He did say there's a 'component' in WWE in re: to Joe not being with ROH anymore after Apr. 25. Unless I listened incorrectly.

He isn't taking any indie bookings after April 23rd. There is realistically only one reason he'd do that.

He said the belief is that it is WWE because there would be no other reason to completely cut off indie dates after a certain point. That's exactly how WWE handles new signings. They let guys work Indies for a while longer, then bring them in. Also they probably want to wait until Joe's TNA stuff finishes airing, which won't be until around then.

jmdajr

This place was annoying as fuck last night. But hey, everyone wants their whiney voice to be heard and you gotta respect that.

ycnVXmh.jpg

Knowing Gedo, Bad Luck Fale will win the New Japan Cup and waste our time again.

The only two winners that make sense are Okada and Ibushi, both because they failed in their title challenges at WK9 - Ibushi's also said he's going to chase Nakamura until he wins the Intercontinental Title. There's maybe a slight possibility of Makabe winning and then challenging Ishii, with the idea that they'd raise the NEVER belt profile as they did last year with the IC belt, but I don't think that'll happen. Same goes for Nagata winning to challenge Nakamura again, can't see it happening.

Personally, I'm rooting for Okada to go through the BC guys and then lose to Ibushi, with an Ibushi vs Shibata final.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My whole thing was, I want with who the people wanted. I wasn't a booker who had my own agenda that I would push a guy down peoples' throats and load the undercard to make him look good.

I-I-Is Gary shooting?

jmdajr

Man Vince forgives almost anyone it seems. (Alundra????) Two exceptions being murdering people and taking cock on camera.

Superfly/Tyson post incoming

Samoa Joe should focus on his Twitch streaming career. Twitch streamers usually have better lighting, graphics, and audio than TNA and ROH

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Samoa Joe should focus on his Twitch streaming career. Twitch streamers usually have better lighting, graphics, and audio than TNA and ROH

How many GeForce FX cards is Samoa Joe giving away? Does he have his own Kappa? Joe's playing with the big boys here.

Messier75

Neo Member
Chyna is also currently posting videos of herself twerking and molesting a Kermit the Frog doll while high on something. Get her to DDP's house.

The only two winners that make sense are Okada and Ibushi, both because they failed in their title challenges at WK9 - Ibushi's also said he's going to chase Nakamura until he wins the Intercontinental Title. There's maybe a slight possibility of Makabe winning and then challenging Ishii, with the idea that they'd raise the NEVER belt profile as they did last year with the IC belt, but I don't think that'll happen. Same goes for Nagata winning to challenge Nakamura again, can't see it happening.

Personally, I'm rooting for Okada to go through the BC guys and then lose to Ibushi, with an Ibushi vs Shibata final.

I wonder if Shibata's moment has passed for now. The aborted tag team run was a strange diversion overall.

We had talked about whether they were cutting short Okada's worst year ever; this will tell.

Joey Samoay hooking him up with some cards his 'buddy' 'found' for a 'deal'?

I'm going to be real disappointed when NXT Joe isn't this Joey Samoey character I have in my head. The Fuzzy Slippers of NXT.

Finally, the Joey Numbers Tazz kept ranting about.

Alucard

Banned
This place was annoying as fuck last night. But hey, everyone wants their whiney voice to be heard and you gotta respect that.

Hey dude, could you give some examples of the type of complaining that you're referring to? I missed most of the live Raw discussion.

ycnVXmh.jpg

Joe vs. O'Reilly could be pretty badass. Looking forward to it, and really hope we get Joe vs. Styles before April too. That probably depends more on AJ's availability outside of Japan, though.

Top Bottom