• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Alucard

Banned

Dat determination. Dat heart. Dos biceps. Looks like Punk's working hard. Good on him.

New Page.
diamond-dallas-page-bio.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol Punk has a circus around him

This is the first part of Rocky III, mark my words. Clubber Lang is gonna kill his trainer and then almost murder him in-ring.

jmdajr

Hey dude, could you give some examples of the type of complaining that you're referring to? I missed most of the live Raw discussion.

The Reigns bashing was absurd. It thought he was doing ok out there and I come in here and you would think El Gigante was in the fucking ring.

The guy needs work sure, but I think at this point there will be no forgiveness.

jmdajr

Hey dude, could you give some examples of the type of complaining that you're referring to? I missed most of the live Raw discussion.

The Reigns bashing was absurd. It thought he was doing ok and I come in here and you would think El Gigante was in the fucking ring.

The guy needs work sure, but I think at this point there will be no forgiveness.

Alucard

Banned
The Reigns bashing was absurd. It thought he was doing ok out there and I come in here and you would think El Gigante was in the fucking ring.

Oh, that. Welcome to WrassleGAF, dude. Actually, welcome to any pro wrestling message board populated by fans who are wise to this business.

Reigns looked fine last night, and that dive and that spear were true spectacles, especially on a Monday Night Raw.

Ithil

The Reigns bashing was absurd. It thought he was doing ok and I come in here and you would think El Gigante was in the fucking ring.

Dude is main eventing WM in four weeks, not working in developmental. It's a little late for "well you know he's not good but he might be later".

Alucard

Banned
Why was Heyman on some next level shit last night?

Where did that come from?

At this point, I think it's absolutely fair to call Heyman the greatest talker in the history of professional wrestling. At least in a non-wrestling capacity. Would anyone disagree? Sure, you could argue Heenan, but I don't think even he touches Heyman at this point.

bjork

I'm telling you. Bell rings, Brock turns around and walks right into a Superman Punch, pin. Like a 6-second match.

Why was Heyman on some next level shit last night?

Where did that come from? That was the strongest promo I have heard in over a year.

He was already hot when he started and the mic botches made him hit the ceiling.

At this point, I think it's absolutely fair to call Heyman the greatest talker in the history of professional wrestling. At least in a non-wrestling capacity. Would anyone disagree? Sure, you could argue Heenan, but I don't think even he touches Heyman at this point.

No issue here. I thought Heenan was the greatest too. But Heyman is on another stratosphere. It's not even close.

Exactly man like I said he can't do anything right at all . I enjoyed the match . Was it the greatest ? No . I didn't even see any botches. These wrassegaf analyst however will find any way to destroy the guy even pointing out his suicide dive because he was slightly tilted to the left . Truthfully undertakers dive looked way more dangerous.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You think? The dude is now permanently on people's shitlist. He could fall off the Hell in a Cell and it wouldn't matter.

The big issue for, seemingly, most people is that he's pushed way ahead of his time. You don't see Rusev getting the same complaints despite the fact that he's seemingly getting the heel version of Roman's push. Rusev only has 2 years of experience on Reigns. Both were trained by the Samoan family.

The difference is both were thrown in the deep end and one is sinking and one isn't. That could be booking, that could be gimmick, it could be whatever, but it's clear a large amount of people don't like Roman despite liking him a year ago when he was in The Shield. I mentioned the Booker T thing last night, and I still think that Roman would have benefited from a slower build up to let him get better and let all fans want Roman to be pushed by seeing him excel as a singles performer in the midcard like Booker did. The only difference is WWE can't sit on someone as long as WCW sat on Booker because it's not how they book.

The big problem is that I just don't think Roman looks like the big powerful superhero they try to book him as. He's not physically impressive, and he doesn't make up for that in wrestling or promo ability. He worked best when he said little but meant a lot. He can't be this John Cena witty Superman guy they're trying to mold him into.

Alucard

Banned
He doesn't need training wheels.

You're witnessing the birth of "The Man". You should be happy to be part of such a historic moment.

I most certainly belee dat.

Btw, I absolutely loved Tommaso Ciampa channeling his inner Prince Devitt at the ROH 13th Anniversary on Sunday.

Ciampa_zps3rxcjwfc.png

Hope he makes this a more regular thing. It works for him.

Hectic week or so of wrestling coming up, starting and ending with the New Japan Cup;

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP", 2015/03/05 (live on NJPW World)
Ota Ward Gymnasium

19:00 JST | 11:00 CET | 10:00 GMT | 05:00 EST | 02:00 PST

1. Anniversary Match: Jushin Liger, KUSHIDA, Yohei Komatsu & Jay White vs Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, Mascara Dorada & Sho Tanaka
2. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: YOSHI-HASHI vs Yujiro Takahashi
3. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Togi Makabe vs Tomoaki Honma
4. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Satoshi Kojima vs Katsuyori Shibata
5. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Yuji Nagata vs Hirooki Goto
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazushi Sakuraba & Tomohiro Ishii vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan
7. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Kota Ibushi vs Doc Gallows
8. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Tetsuya Naito vs Karl Anderson
9. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Toru Yano
10. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Kazuchika Okada vs Bad Luck Fale

Dragon Gate, "GLORIOUS GATE", 2015/03/06 (live on Nicovideo)
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

18:30 JST | 10:30 CET | 09:30 GMT | 04:30 EST | 01:30 PST

1. Yosuke=Santa Maria, U-T & El Lindaman vs K-ness, Gamma & Mondai Ryu
2. Kenichiro Arai & Shachihoko BOY vs Super Shisa & Stalker 'Hollywood' Ichikawa
3. Kotoka vs Mr. Quu Quu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin
4. Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs CIMA & Don Fujii
5. T-Hawk & Flamita vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Dragon Kid
6. Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino & Shingo Takagi vs BxB Hulk, Big R Shimizu & Kzy vs Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kanda & Jimmy Kagetora vs YAMATO, Naruki Doi & Cyber Kong

SHINE 25, 2015/03/06 (live on WWNLive)
The Orpheum, Ybor City, FL

03:00 CET | 02:00 GMT | 21:00 EST | 18:00 PST

. SHINE Championship 2/3 Falls: Mia Yim (c) vs Neveah
. SHINE Tag Championship: Malia Hosaka & Brandi Wine (c) vs Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb
. NWA World Women's Championshp: Santana (c) vs Shanna
. Jessicka Havok vs Su Yung
. Plus, VALKRYIE (Allison Kay & Taylor Made), Valifornia (Jayme Jameson & Andrea), Leah Von Dutch, Solo Darling, Amber Gallows, Thunderkitty, La Rosa Negra, Leva & Crazy Mary Dobson

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP", 2015/03/08 (live on NJPW World)
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round Matches
. plus 4~5 non-tournament matches

EVOLVE 38, 2015/03/08 (live on WWNLive)
The Sportatorium, Deer Park, FL

02:00 CET | 01:00 GMT | 20:00 EST | 17:00 PST

. Steel Cage Non-Title Match: Drew Galloway vs Roderick Strong
. Davey Richards vs Anthony Nese
. Grudge Match: Chris Hero vs Drew Gulak
. Title Contendership Bout: Biff Busick vs Caleb Konley
. AR Fox vs Matt Cage
. Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) vs Larry Dallas' new mystery team

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP ROAD", 2015/03/09 (live on NJPW World)
Kumagaya Citizen Gymnasium

1. Ryusuke Taguchi vs Sho Tanaka
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Liger & Yohei Komatsu vs Satoshi Kojima, Tiger Mask & Mascara Dorada
3. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Yuji Nagata & Captain New Japan
4. Tetsuya Naito, Manabe Nakanishi & Tomoaki Honma vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Cody Hall
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & KUSHIDA vs Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP FINALS", 2015/03/15 (airs on NJPW World tape-delay a few hours after event completion)
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

. New Japan Cup - Semi-Finals
. New Japan Cup - FINAL
. plus, 5~6 non-tournament matches

Who's watching what? I'm gonna try and watch the lot, but the New Japan Road show looks pretty skippable. Interested to see how Cody Hall does, though.

Bowser

The big issue for, seemingly, most people is that he's pushed way ahead of his time. You don't see Rusev getting the same complaints despite the fact that he's seemingly getting the heel version of Roman's push. Rusev only has 2 years of experience on Reigns. Both were trained by the Samoan family.

The difference is both were thrown in the deep end and one is sinking and one isn't. That could be booking, that could be gimmick, it could be whatever, but it's clear a large amount of people don't like Roman despite liking him a year ago when he was in The Shield. I mentioned the Booker T thing last night, and I still think that Roman would have benefited from a slower build up to let him get better and let all fans want Roman to be pushed by seeing him excel as a singles performer in the midcard like Booker did. The only difference is WWE can't sit on someone as long as WCW sat on Booker because it's not how they book.

The big problem is that I just don't think Roman looks like the big powerful superhero they try to book him as. He's not physically impressive, and he doesn't make up for that in wrestling or promo ability. He worked best when he said little but meant a lot. He can't be this John Cena witty Superman guy they're trying to mold him into.

Part of that is Rusev started dominating jobbers and then worked his way up the food chain (Ryder, Big E, Swagger, Mark Henry, Big Show, Sheamus, Cena).

Reigns push since the Shield split: Title matches at MITB and Battleground (???), win over Orton, hernia, weird Show feud (???), Rumble win, win over Bryan

Like, I don't even get that push. They just hotshotted him into the main event picture after the Shield split.

Paracelsus

Stewart really needed to have a segment with Heyman, because that would be the smoothest unscripted talking the federation has ever seen in the whole history.

Cagey

Banned
Punk at 185 would be newly-lean Wade Barrett levels of lean.

Will be bizarre to see. Good for him he cuts down to that weight though.

Part of that is Rusev started dominating jobbers and then worked his way up the food chain (Ryder, Big E, Swagger, Mark Henry, Big Show, Sheamus, Cena).

Reigns push since the Shield split: Title matches at MITB and Battleground (???), win over Orton, hernia, weird Show feud (???), Rumble win, win over Bryan

Like, I don't even get that push. They just hotshotted him into the main event picture after the Shield split.

What would you have done?

IC Champ for a year then WHC shot?

WWE is not exactly swimming in proven $$$ talent. They are trying to make a few.

I am just happy that Cena is getting lost in the fold. the day he walks away, my love for wrestling will come back.

Fox318

Heyman was probably mad as hell with Stewart doing a good job.

Its never good when somebody with no experience in your business comes in and does a better job than people trained and with years of experience.

Sephzilla

I think the Reigns bashing is a bit warranted because he honestly regressed a bit after The Shield broke up (or got exposed, depending on how you want to word it). His lack of promo ability came to light and besides his Daniel Bryan match he hasn't had an interesting singles match yet. Roman's best mic work to date is probably the shit he does for WWE Countdown. It also didn't help that Roman spent a good chunk of the Royal Rumble taking a nap. I want to like Reigns but his premature Lex Luger push is definitely souring me on the guy. Roman definitely needed an IC title run before going straight for the big belt.

Bowser

What would you have done?

IC Champ for a year then WHC shot?

WWE is not exactly swimming in proven $$$ talent. They are trying to make a few.

I am just happy that Cena is getting lost in the fold. the day he walks away, my love for wrestling will come back.

There are plenty of people that COULD be stars, that COULD move merch, that the fans WANT to see, but they aren't given the right opportunities. Ambrose is the prime example IMO.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maria and a lot of the younger guys were really cut up about him leaving, guess he must have put a lot of work in at the DG dojo.

That's cool. I always thought when they first started having the DGUSA stuff and started using more gaijins that it would be more like contractors and employees and be kind of stand-offish or unfamiliar, but it sounds like Dragon Gate is one big family which is refreshing to see.

Top Bottom