• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Also, Reigns is looking rather haggard;

JnWvnSe.jpg

The road will own your ass.

Cagey

Banned
Probably true. Though I don't think "Dolph Ziggler" would help anyone's cause.

Dolph Ziggler is a random enough sounding name that it sounds like a wrestling name, though.

Erick Rowan and Luke Harper are garbage names. Darren Young too. Same goes for Kevin Owens. Daniel Bryan isn't great, but the name is chantable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still think Finn Balor is a shitty name.

Kevin Owens doesn't bother me. Hideo Itami is a shitty name too.
Dolph Ziggler is a random enough sounding name that it sounds like a wrestling name, though.

Erick Rowan and Luke Harper are garbage names. Darren Young too. Daniel Bryan isn't great, but the name is chantable.

Luke Harper is one of the best names in the WWE. Get the fuck out of here.

Sephzilla

Dolph Ziggler is an infinitely better wrestling name than Eric Rowan, Hideo Itami, Bray Wyatt, Big E, Curtis Axel, or Adam Rose.

Alexander Rusev was also a dumb name but somehow got a million times better when they dropped the first name.

Fox318

Why couldn't Axel just go under his real name?

Seems stupid to remind people that he is Mr. Perfect's kid and have him under a different name.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm always surprised WWE let Shelton use Shelton Benjamin.

Because that's the name that's going to strike fear in the opponent's hearts. Shelton.

I get the impression that no one in New Japan likes Tanahashi, and that's why Tanahashi has to resort to hanging out with the Young Lions. Like the college dude who dates high school girls.

Tanahashi spends a bit of time with Taguchi, but judging from his social media it's mostly just him hanging around with the young lions and bothering the poor translator-san guy. It seems like the stables all get along well, what with travelling together and that, but the NJPW Sekigun guys aren't don't seem at all united.

wrasslegaf I'm on the roomie search.

Any of y'all luck out and find any wrasslin' fans last time you did this?

I lived with 4 women a few years back and actually got all of them into watching raw with me, though I was merciful and skipped the last hour usually. They were big orton fans.

Its kind of weird having HHH run down Sting every week, and Booker does nothing to help Sting really.

I do not like this build at all. Its just weird. What are fans supposed to think? They are supposed to care for a guy who's being built as WCW last remaining guy, these kids don't care about that.

I was a huge WCW mark, and at this point I don't care about that. By the time WM rolls around everyone will be cheering for HHH anyways. This is just weird build up, and not how I envisioned Stings one and only run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;154433440 said:
wrasslegaf I'm on the roomie search.

Any of y'all luck out and find any wrasslin' fans last time you did this?

I lived with 4 women a few years back and actually got all of them into watching raw with me, though I was merciful and skipped the last hour usually. They were big orton fans.

I have a roommate who loves wrestling, but I don't recommend finding someone who does.

All Joe has to do is stay down in NXT for his entire WWE run. You know once he's on Raw he'll show up in some Samoan tribal garb doing dances with The Usos.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Just checked and yup, he is. Also, How is it CM Punk got to keep the name? Doesn't Vince usually have ownership of the wrestlers names?

iunno he was cm punk before we went to wwe he started his wrestling career at a7-a8 as cm punk so his name his property?

Talk about Shelton Benjamin reminds me of Charlie Haas, which naturally leads to two things:

1. Charlie Haas knocking Lillian off the apron like a moron.

charlie-hass-lilian-garcia-o.gif

2. The completely stupid and unfounded rumor about Russ Haas and the dog.

I think the best move for Sting/HHH would be to reveal that Sting is after HHH and The Authority because he sees them as a modern day equivalent of Bischoff/Hogan/Nash/Russo/etc. and wants to save WWE from the same fate that befell WCW.

Kaladin

I watched Raw up through the main event.

It's this time of year that you really start to feel the 90 minute cut, because you miss good shit in that other 90.

I enjoyed what I saw though. Rollins is in a roll. It's a shame he's not in the main event and is reduced to a celebrity match. At least he gets a celebrity who is a fan and knows how to work it, so it should be fun.

Paul Heyman can sell any match in my book. If they have to fasttrack Roman Reigns for whatever reason, Brock and Paul are the guys to do it against. Roman Reigns vs anyone else at Mania would be a dud for him.

I'm actually enjoying the Cena angle with Rusev holding his Wrestlemania match over his head. But come on WWE, we know Rusev wants to be a big part of the show too.

It's not the best Mania season, but it is what it is, and that is enjoyable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait for the Sting WWE Network documentary where Sting talks about how every day that he showed up for WCW, he prayed Stamford would call. That he wanted to go where the real wrestlers were and weren't governed by backstage politics and where he would be used right.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The people

who get WHAT chants

are people

who do all of their promos

like this.

Which is why

Triple H

got WHAT-'d

a fucking ton

compared to

a lot

of other talent.

I'm pretty sure one of the things they're teaching at NXT is to deliver promos more like a normal human being instead of like William Shatner.

I am convinced HHH is now deliberately doing it just to screw with the fans as a heel. They also try to "What" Rusev when he's speaking in Bulgarian, to the point you can even hear the faint "what" for when they expect him to stop as if he were still speaking English. I think if you wanted to permanently get rid of it, you'd have heels actively try to get it, and then rip the fans for being sheeple. Best way to kill a chant in modern times, I think. Hell, if they really wanted to get rid of it right now, they'd have Reigns or Cena try to co-opt it. That would kill it with fire.

Top Bottom