• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the concept behind the AAA trios tourney but is there any way that the team with Rey, Alberto, Myzystez won't win? If its easy to watch online I'm still down though.

I can't imagine they wouldn't. It's basically Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and John Cena all on one team as far as prestige goes. tm24 can speak to it a little better than I can though, he is ALL THINGS LUCHA.

Bowser

You can say one thing about this Wrestlemania....

at least they're starting to build new stars.

Besides Reigns who are they "building?" Rollins gets a marquee match, but to me he's already "built" and ready to hold the title now.

Wyatt will get pinned by Taker, Rusev will get pinned by Cena, all the other guys with potential are being thrown into one match.

Besides Reigns who are they "building?" Rollins gets a marquee match, but to me he's already "built" and ready to hold the title now.

Wyatt will get pinned by Taker, Rusev will get pinned by Cena, all the other guys with potential are being thrown into one match.
This. I have a feeling once Seth is no longer Mr. money in the Bank, they'll begin to fuck up what has actually been a pretty solid push for him. A bit heavy on cowardly heel tactics of course

Kaladin

Wyatt is getting a huge rub working one of Taker's last matches. Rusev is getting a big push too against Cena.

The IC title match will be a show stealer for sure too, where any of those guys could get a big moment out of it.

But will Rollins be the most FLAMBOYANT CHARISMATIC CHAMPION EVER?!?!!?

Will Psycho Reigns powerbomb J & J Security? TEARING THE HEART OUT OF THE LOTHARIO FAMILY?!?!?

tm24

I really like the concept behind the AAA trios tourney but is there any way that the team with Rey, Alberto, Myzystez won't win? If its easy to watch online I'm still down though.

I can't imagine they wouldn't. It's basically Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and John Cena all on one team as far as prestige goes. tm24 can speak to it a little better than I can though, he is ALL THINGS LUCHA.
On the contrary, i would put it at 70/30 they don't win. They'll make the finals but get cheated out of the win and set up a triplemania main event.

Bowser

Wyatt is getting a huge rub working one of Taker's last matches. Rusev is getting a big push too against Cena.

The IC title match will be a show stealer for sure too, where any of those guys could get a big moment out of it.

Meh. I'm not convinced. Maybe if Taker still had the streak and Wyatt ended it. But I don't see this doing much for Wyatt if Taker shows up only for Mania, Bray jobs, and then Taker's gone again until Mania 32. Jobbing to Cena and Taker at back to back Manias with no creative direction in between doesn't sound like the building of a star to me.

He is playing the ultimate heel, something no one knows how to do anymore.

"Ultimate heel"

ibscb16bC1AbHF.gif

I see no bitches here

Kaladin

Meh. I'm not convinced. Maybe if Taker still had the streak and Wyatt ended it. But I don't see this doing much for Wyatt if Taker shows up only for Mania, Bray jobs, and then Taker's gone again until Mania 32. Jobbing to Cena and Taker at back to back Manias with no creative direction in between doesn't sound like the building of a star to me.

I'd put more money on Taker taking a loss here. That will give whoever calls him out at next year's Mania even more confidence and maybe even get them to ask if Undertaker needs to finally hang it up after two straight Mania losses.

Sounds like a pro wrestler to me. Michaels exceeds being a cunt because he's a cunt to carny wrestlers. Early 90s Shawn's in his own league of trash.
Dude was cool when he came to our wrestling school even took a couple of us out to dinner and paid . This was however new found Shawn michaels

Anyone else catch WWE pacifying the whole #GiveDivasAChance thing by uploading random women wrestler videos like a moolah tribute and Jacqueline beating Chavo for the Cruiserweight title on their youtube page?

Ithil

The last person to be tributing when trying to revive women's wrestling is Moolah. That's like advocating more wire stunts by posting an Owen Hart tribute.

I'd put more money on Taker taking a loss here. That will give whoever calls him out at next year's Mania even more confidence and maybe even get them to ask if Undertaker needs to finally hang it up after two straight Mania losses.

Sounds all right.

Have Undetaker lose again, maybe even lose some of his dark mystique and all that, and give it to Bray.

Undertaker disappears until next year, then comes back to take on someone else, and everyone is talking about how he's past his prime, lost his power, the fans don't even really want to see it...

...and then at Wrestlemania...a glorious victory, he kneels down, does the tongue and eyes, lightning bolts, and then lies down in the coffin never to be seen in WWE again.

Who he would face I dunno - if you gave some parts of the Undertaker gimmick to Bray, then i dunno if you should take them back off him, but that might even be a dumb idea anyway. Bray needs more threat about him but it doesn't have to be taken from the Undertaker. So he could come back and beat Bray a year later after Bray has a year of terror, during which time he builds lasting legitimacy as a tough guy and spooky fella.

Undertaker shouldn't lose his last match, I don't think.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sounds all right.

Have Undetaker lose again, maybe even lose some of his dark mystique and all that, and give it to Bray.

Undertaker disappears until next year, then comes back to take on someone else, and everyone is talking about how he's past his prime, lost his power, the fans don't even really want to see it...

...and then at Wrestlemania...a glorious victory, he kneels down, does the tongue and eyes, lightning bolts, and then lies down in the coffin never to be seen in WWE again.

Who he would face I dunno - if you gave some parts of the Undertaker gimmick to Bray, then i dunno if you should take them back off him, but that might even be a dumb idea anyway. Bray needs more threat about him but it doesn't have to be taken from the Undertaker. So he could come back and beat Bray a year later after Bray has a year of terror, during which time he builds lasting legitimacy as a tough guy and spooky fella.

Undertaker shouldn't lose his last match, I don't think.

If Bray wins and doesn't adopt the Lanturn then they blew it.

Sounds all right.

So what Bray is doing now

and Brock did last year

and Punk

and HHH part 3

I think we still may see Taker/Sting next year for their respective last matches. It'll be interesting to see how they perform at Mania this year.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Was Paul's mic going out a work to try and get Heyman to shoot, or was it a shoot for him to slow down the tempo of his work? Did it make the crowd jabronis when he said Andre was dead so they'd have a shoot reaction or were they just worked by his verbal craftsmanship? Does it make them marks either way?

No; the sound in the arena didn't work much if at all. You couldn't hear the backstage promos in the arena either. The sound was just borked in general.

scabro

I hate Dragonball Z because it's a babby show, BUT, is Xenoverse actually good? Whether you're a fan or not, doesn't matter - just curious if that game's dope or no.

im putting you on ignore after this post, Sunny. However, its a decent game. Its pretty fun, but the grinding and farming is the worst. And there are alot of just "what the fuck were they thinking" design choices all throughout the game. Im sure being a fan of he series helps alot but i would recommend trying it.

So what Bray is doing now

and Brock did last year

and Punk

and HHH part 3

Well, Undertaker was undefeated last year, so that was different and Brock is nothing like Bray. I stopped watching before the streak became a thing and restarted last year, so I don't know about any of the other storylines, but he was undefeated in all of them, so it would be different in that Undertaker would actually be diminished as opposed to people just saying he is.

I think the difference between what Bray is doing now and what I wrote as an idea for next year is that Undertaker would actually be around a bit, and nobody would act scared of him anymore when he does show up. Brock ran away from Undertaker last year, by comparison, when he showed up to build the match, to sell the phenom angle, but if you strip that away, only to restore it in the course of the match, it could be a good send-off for him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There is absolutely no reason for Taker to win over Wyatt. The streak is over. It doesn't matter anymore. Wyatt needs this.

Ithil

Wouldn't it cheapen Brock's win to just have Taker now easily beatable at WM?
I don't think Taker should even be wrestling at WM post-Streak.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wouldn't it cheapen Brock's win to just have Taker now easily beatable at WM?

Wasn't the whole angle behind Brock beating Undertaker that he was worn down year by year?

And why would WWE care if Brock looks weak if he's not resigning?

Top Bottom