• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Layla is the actual queen of Wrasslegaf

owcy2zt.gif

3AHM1.gif

Hasney

Come watch Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends on Pro Wrestling - where he visits the WCW Power Plant and is a subject of some of this abuse. Really good episode, airing right now at our channel http://taima.tv/r/neogaf

Pop in and watch.

And if you miss it, it's on Netflix too.

It is odd just how upfront Sarge is about it. He was never the sharpest knife in the drawer as I'm sure Turner didn't like it... The network, the man probably did.

jmdajr

So..can you take the Carny out of Wrestling? I'm thinking no. And if they did... could we still enjoy it?

I don't know man. That's part of the appeal, even if it is shameful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And if you miss it, it's on Netflix too.

It is odd just how upfront Sarge is about it. He was never the sharpest knife in the drawer as I'm sure Turner didn't like it... The network, the man probably did.

Sarge is straight up that Louis is gonna get the shit beat out of him. But then again anyone on the street probably looks at Louis and thinks the same thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So..can you take the Carny out of Wrestling? I'm thinking no. And if they did... could we still enjoy it?

I don't know man. That's part of the appeal, even if it is shameful.

WWE's been doing it for years. Their process of bringing in new guys to wrestle for them is so streamlined that there's very little left of the remnants. Dudes in the WWE play xbox now instead of drugs and ripping out peoples eyeballs in bars.

The only carnies left are deathmatch wrestlers like Nick Gage

bjork

Correct. A bunch of whining did. Did you want to eat Bill DeMott's ass after seeing all of those Soprano's, Godzilla or 007 gifs too?

I don't even remember those. Must not have been too prevalent.

WWE's been doing it for years. Their process of bringing in new guys to wrestle for them is so streamlined that there's very little left of the remnants. Dudes in the WWE play xbox now instead of drugs and ripping out peoples eyeballs in bars.

Kinda makes me wish Haku had an instagram back then.

notworksafe

Watching WM21 (Hollywood!) and now I'm curious what prompted Vince to change from having the National Anthem open up WM to having America, The Beautiful open it up.

Except for 18, where they had Saliva open WM.

jmdajr

Hmmmm. I wonder how much different backstage politics is in Hollywood compared to WWE. Probably not all that much.

I find it funny how we can compare so much of our daily lives to what happens in wrestling.

"Well, I was going up the corporate ladder until I got buried by this one guy."

Folks get Daniel Bryan'd everyday. And I guess that's why we watch.

notworksafe

Oh right notworksafe I forgot to ask

What do you think of Layla?

Choose wisely

Top tier Diva if we're going by looks. And I saw recently that she's almost 40....damn.

...and I'd forgotten about these corny ass movie trailers starring wrestlers. Goofy as hell but also pretty hilarious.

STONE COLD IS THE GLADIATOR BAH GAWD

I don't even remember those. Must not have been too prevalent.
I don't see how you don't remember them because they were constantly posted and we even had an OT promoting HBO Go filled with random ass gifs....but Taylor is the problem here. Ok man. Keep us posted on the Bill DeMott ass eating sesh.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hmmmm. I wonder how much different backstage politics is in Hollywood compared to WWE. Probably not all that much.

I find it funny how we can compare so much of our daily lives to what happens in wrestling.

The boss's daughter definitely got pushed into a position she is nowhere near ready or qualified for.

NXT tonight! Match listing:

* Adam Rose comes vs. Tyler Breeze
* Blake and Murphy vs. Sawyer Fulton and Angelo Dawkins
* Baron Corbin vs. Tony Briggs
* Solomon Crowe vs. Bull Dempsey
* Charlotte vs. NXT Women's Champion Sasha Banks

These millennial developmentals wouldn't last 2 seconds in the ring with THE MAN*, friend dream.
tumblr_nkp46nyQy01tihmddo2_r1_400.gif

(I was really disappointed he didn't go Street Fighter on the car)
tumblr_nkp46nyQy01tihmddo1_400.gif

*I didn't mean to trigger anyone by using the male gender as a reference point of position.

They'd just have to bring in Mr Wonderful to be ready to kick the shit out of him if needed.

bjork

I don't see how you don't remember them because they were constantly posted and we even had an OT promoting HBO Go filled with random ass gifs....but Taylor is the problem here. Ok man. Keep us posted on the Bill DeMott ass eating sesh.

You're taking this awfully personal. But if ranting at me keeps your stanning out of here, that's cool. Carry on.

They'd just have to bring in Mr Wonderful to be ready to kick the shit out of him if needed.

I wish there was footage of this, because that's a story I just can't buy into.

bjork I'm sorry, but I don't know if we can force another meme into the main event picture this close Wrestle's mania. Taylor Swift gifs are a proven commodity with a hugely impressive work rate and they tell a story like no one else in This Business is able to do.

For those wondering where she's been, Layla's apparently been struggling to return from an injury and there's the general feeling that she might be retiring soon.

Layla was A+ in terms of look and I'd say character as well. She was servicable in the ring, not great but not bad either.

Layla, on her best night, was pretty good but she didn't often get to show it - also, I always marked out for that smooth short armdrag into a la magistral she did, so pretty.

bjork

bjork I'm sorry, but I don't know if we can force another meme into the main event picture this close Wrestle's mania. Taylor Swift gifs are a proven commodity with a hugely impressive work rate and they tell a story like no one else in This Business is able to do.

At least someone who's been at a wrestlemania. Salt n Pepa gifs or something. Someone not in pop-gaf.

Shawn Michaels made Vader cry, I can certainly believe it.

Hmm. Maybe once Hogan no-sold the powerbomb, Vader lost his smile in and out of the ring.

Best Layla was when she was with Regal, don't have a photo handy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Would you say Layla is urban barbershop thick?

Stone Cold represented the fantasy of what people want to do to their boss, D Bry represents the actual truth. "Sorry bud! I know we promised you a permenant pay raise, but we're sending you down to the mail room to work with some new guys, show em the ropes, Tiger!"

jmdajr

Divas retiring early is a good idea. Sadly father time is way harder on them. Maryse knew she needed her beauty sleep.

jmdajr

Stone Cold represented the fantasy of what people want to do to their boss, D Bry represents the actual representation. "Sorry bud! I know we promised you a permenant pay raise, but we're sending you down to the mail room to work with some new guys, show em the ropes, Tiger!"

Reality era brother!

Top Bottom