• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

vlcsnap-2011-07-12-15h07m52s53.png

Best Holly.

IIRR Holly was intentionally trying to screw up that powerbomb too, wasnt he?

That was the story. Brock was the WWE Champion, but he had still only been with the main roster for about 6-7 months, so Holly was trying to fuck with him and "sandbag" him to make him look bad. So Lesnar just said, "Okay, fuck you" and dropped him on his head.

Kwee Wee got annihilated by that spear! Man what an odd ball roster WCW had at the end of its run. Kwee Wee, Mike Sanders (he's a solid C+), Jason Jett/EZ Money, Kid Kash, Lash Leroux, AJ Styles, Air Paris, Kid Romeo, Elix Skipper and the randomness goes on and on.

The trick with doing a great spear is to give zero fucks about the person you are spearing or your own well being.

Just jump through that other person like you are jumping out of a window of a burning house.

The thing that makes Goldberg's spear great is that it doesn't look like his goal is to tackle the guy. It looks like there is something he wants on the other side of a person so he just fucking runs through them and eliminates them from existence.

XenoRaven

The thing that makes Goldberg's spear great is that it doesn't look like his goal is to tackle the guy. It looks like there is something he wants on the other side of a person so he just fucking runs through them and eliminates them from existence.
This is the key to a spear. It's called "spear" not "blunt object running into someone". You are supposed to go through them, not into them.

Hasney

Is it cake? Maybe it's cake.

notworksafe

Didn't Roman play defensive tackle when he was playing football? Shouldn't be too surprising he can lay a dude out convincingly. IIRC Goldberg was a DT too.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Wait a minute, Wish Kids can survive? I thought you could only get wishes if you were 100% not going to make it?

Technically, it is any kid with a life-threatening disease. I don't know the percentage of kids that do survive, but some (obviously in my case) do (well, at least so far, knock on wood).

My wish was to go to the set of star wars episode 2 at the time, but instead I got to go to ILM / Skywalker Ranch / San Francisco. It was pretty badass (my backup plan was to go to Blizzard HQ).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Considering it was the Reign of Terror, I'd say Goldberg had the best booking of any WCW star who went to WWE. Even over Mysterio in the cruiserweight division. He made the transition easily, and he was just as insanely over by the fans in WWE. Looked like a legit monster.
lWm1yj3.gif

O12nnc7.gif

goldbergspearsnunzio.gif

tumblr_mdp3v2PAMo1rk5wnbo1_400.gif

OVW010901-RhinoGore.gif

bjork

Goldberg had the perfect look for coming down and knocking fuckers out without a lot of fluff. I mean, he couldn't beat Nash, but who would've believed that anyway? Diesel Power

notworksafe

Randy Orton vs Undertaker time! Always been a big Taker fan, he's probably #6 on my top wrestlers list.

Also wow at Orton's first theme. It's pretty wack. I do not remember it all either. Though the little bit of wrestling I was watching at this time was all Smackdown because I didn't have cable to watch Raw.

Randy Orton vs Undertaker time! Always been a big Taker fan, he's probably #6 on my top wrestlers list.

Also wow at Orton's first theme. It's pretty wack. I do not remember it all either. Though the little bit of wrestling I was watching at this time was all Smackdown because I didn't have cable to watch Raw.

Fun fact: Orton was supposed to win that match until right before it happened. Taker wanted to give it to Orton, but the day of the show Vince changed his mind and gave it to Taker.

notworksafe

Fun fact: Orton was supposed to win that match until right before it happened. Taker wanted to give it to Orton, but the day of the show Vince changed his mind and gave it to Taker.

I could see that for sure, the promos they played before this match definitely made Orton look like a very credible thread to Taker. Plus he was the Legend Killer after all.

jmdajr

I could see that for sure, the promos they played before this match definitely made Orton look like a very credible thread to Taker. Plus he was the Legend Killer after all.

The Streak didn't really become the streak until....well. I don't know actually. The first ten years had to be all coincidence.

Top Bottom