• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That it was.

Rxed4T5.gif
:D

Sephzilla

Fun fact: Orton was supposed to win that match until right before it happened. Taker wanted to give it to Orton, but the day of the show Vince changed his mind and gave it to Taker.

I could see that for sure, the promos they played before this match definitely made Orton look like a very credible thread to Taker. Plus he was the Legend Killer after all.

So basically the build up to Orton vs Taker was what Brock vs Taker should have been?

bjork

If we're only counting singles matches, Axel is undefeated at WM still. A new streak can be born. A perfect streak.

Just a guess but I think Reigns vs Brock will be better than Miz vs Cena.

Bold statement...I know.

Never forget how much Cena was half arsing that match, poor Miz with his limitations didn't have a chance in their with deflated Cena, a double count out fake out complete with concussion and screwy ending made to set up next years main event.

Recall

I just can't see the Wrestlemania crowd booing Brock, they have no reason to. You would think if getting Reigns over as the new top guy WWE would have tried to create more drama between Brock and Reigns.

Why hasn't Reigns speared Heyman yet?

bjork

I just can't see the Wrestlemania crowd booing Brock, they have no reason to. You would think if getting Reigns over as the new top guy WWE would have tried to create more drama between Brock and Reigns.

Why hasn't Reigns speared Heyman yet?

Gotta save that for his Wrestlemania moment after Seth cashes in on him and reveals himself as the newest Heyman guy.

Never forget how much Cena was half arsing that match, poor Miz with his limitations didn't have a chance in their with deflated Cena, a double count out fake out complete with concussion and screwy ending made to set up next years main event.

WM27 would have been so much better (in other words: at least kinda tolerable) if they closed with HHH/Taker instead.

Gotta save that for his Wrestlemania moment after Seth cashes in on him and reveals himself as the newest Heyman guy.

There's going to be no more new Heyman guys, as I expect Paul to leave with Brock. Besides, do you WANT Seth to get buried?

notworksafe

The Streak didn't really become the streak until....well. I don't know actually. The first ten years had to be all coincidence.

Vince definitely mentioned it on commentary pretty early on. But yeah, once it hit 10 victories it's been mentioned every year so far.

Vince on commentary was both my favorite and least favorite part of the WMs he's in. The random switching between his "announcer" voice and normal voice is great. His insanely obvious pushing of his favorites is a bit of a drawback. I did like his constant "Yes!" chants for Lex Luger in WM10 though.

So basically the build up to Orton vs Taker was what Brock vs Taker should have been?

It probably helped that Orton and Taker both actually showed up on their respective shows regularly at that point. :p

People disliked it?

I think Reigns' spear looks really good at times and other times it's as bad as Edge's. It really depends on if he bothers really getting off his feet on the impact and landing.

The pounce was shit on a lot at first. It always looked great though and considering Monty Brown's NFL history it seemed legit enough.

While we are talking about Bob Holly lets point and laugh at his mid life crisis tribal taboo.

Hardcore-Holly.jpg

Oh and when he got released from WWE was it because he did something dumb or just a normal round of layoffs?

In a shoot interview, either Striker or Nova, it was said he got fired because he was stealing pills out of other peoples bags.

somedevil

Is anyone going to the NXT shows in Ohio? Cause they have two weeks of NXT that need to be filled. So it could come from there or Wrestlemania weekend.

Also, whats funny is on WWE.com they show 6 people for the ladder match but on Smackdown it seemed they changed plans and made it now 8.

Is anyone going to the NXT shows in Ohio? Cause they have two weeks of NXT that need to be filled. So it could come from there or Wrestlemania weekend.

I really wanted to, but fuck, I'm not blowing 10x the ticket price just because I didn't grab them in the 30 minutes were available from TicketMaster. Besides, there's a Magic tournament the same week and I'm really starting to consider jumping whole-hog into that again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a jiff or two of a Monty Brown Pounce?

notworksafe

Reigns will have a better match with Brock than Goldberg did.

After watching that match again yesterday, I sure hope so. Makes me hope that Brock re-signs so he doesn't have that "I don't give a fuck anymore" attitude he did in the Goldberg match.

Or so he can beat Reigns and then hold on to the belt for another year.

Paracelsus

Reigns will have a better match with Brock than Goldberg did.

Rock took three spears and a Jackhammer to fall against Goldberg, I seriously hope they don't try to protect Reigns' like they did at Fastlane. It honestly should take four spears, two superman punches and a suicide dive on the table to pin Lesnar.

Rock took three spears and a Jackhammer to fall against Goldberg, I seriously hope they don't try to protect Reigns' like they did at Fastlane. It honestly should take four spears, two superman punches and a suicide dive on the table to pin Lesnar.

It'll be either one spear or a new submission finisher.

Paracelsus

Seriously, the more I look at it, the more it stinks.
The point of a spear is that it catches you off guard and takes away all the breath you have for the three count. People bash Edge for his "hug" but the snap is absolutely perfect.

Nah, it'll be more than one, unless there's a table behind him or something.

They really should have made the match no-dq, could have been interesting.

They want to protect the spear. They don't give a shit about protecting Brock on his way out. It's going to be one spear.

Hasney

I think I remember Edge saying he started using the spear as Sexton Hardcastle.

They want to protect the spear. They don't give a shit about protecting Brock on his way out. It's going to be one spear.

It's a Wrestlemania main event. They don't know how to book those pesky singles matches without finisher spam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The spear is the not-even-fun version of the RKO. It mostly gets used as "outta nowhere" but doesn't have the amusing set-up that the RKO does.

Cagey

Banned
Seriously, the more I look at it, the more it stinks.
The point of a spear is that it catches you off guard and takes away all the breath you have for the three count. People bash Edge for his "hug" but the snap is absolutely perfect.

The spear is a textbook football form tackle. It's supposed to look like a highlight from the JACKED UP! days of ESPN. The dude's feet should be planted on contact and he should be lifting upwards, and that momentum and drive lifts his feet and the opponent's feet off the ground like he's exploding out of the bottom of a heavy squat. From that, you drive the motherfucker into the turf (ring).

It's not a jumping/diving shoulder hit where you bearhug the guy.

Goldberg did this correctly. Edge did this terribly.

4lB0lz2.gif

ifGcspg8moIA4.gif

Top Bottom