• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Finally got round to watching the first day of the UK Tournament. Having never seen any of these guys before (outside of gifs here), it was a good bit of fun. Will probably watch day 2 later tonight at some point.

Honestly, my worst fear is that Bryan gets his brains scrambled even further and potentially turns into another Benoit

Yeah, reading the thread talking about Benoit and then hearing what Bryan said on SmackDown, I had that fear too.

Ithil

Stuff like this gets out though, and that attracts new readers who want to get to the source of information like that.

All that was said was that wrestling in CMLL with a hair vs mask match was a bucket list thing for Bryan in the past, otherwise it was just talking about Bryan's comments on Talking Smack.

I don't know. When you factor in how Bryan was hiding having seizures, constantly tried to get back into the WWE ring, and now factoring in that he's hinted to going somewhere else when his WWE contract is up - I think he's seriously considering trying it again.

I really hope having a kid gives him some perspective on life and it makes him reconsider his career going forward.

Also factor in that Dave and Bryan are friends, and every single Bryan-related news is stuff Bryan personally tells him

If he says he's gone when his contract's up to wrestle elsewhere in public interviews and in private conversations, and has done so for years now, he's gone when his contract's up to wrestle elsewhere. It's over

Pikma

Banned
I'm above random callouts, friend. My paycheck and throne are secure. Maybe someday it'll happen for you too, jab brony
See this mediocrity? It's why no one gets over nowadays, I bet you're "just happy to be here" and "worked very hard to get here" too

Ithil

Also this was said
Whether that’s the call he will make given his concussion history is something that he himself may not even know 100 percent right now, and shouldn’t know because things can or can’t heal, and I would hope he gets full testing by whatever the most up-to-date technology is in 2018 before making that decision. His last testing wasn’t favorable but at the same time, he was rushed into that retirement speech by Vince McMahon that very well could have been premature. He has already mentally developed a new ring style that he believes will allow him to have interesting matches with lower risk.

" He has already mentally developed a new ring style that he believes will allow him to have interesting matches with lower risk"

Hopefully that includes not landing on his damn neck / head several times every single match.

As said a few posts up. When he returned from his last concussion and kept taking head bumps it was hard to watch.

Yup that's the pirate lady

Cool. I love that goofy elbow drop

tumblr_n4bcpzwYca1qkmus5o1_400.gif

Bryan's last major match having the big spot at the end being him and Ziggler headbutting the fuck out of each other is really uncomfortable given less then a month later he would wrestle his last match.

So the rules of the Smackdown's women's match for Wrestlemania definitely implies either an NXT call-up or someone returning with how Alexa has to defend the belt against every woman on the roster.

Plus there were those rumors that WWE was contacting old female talent for Wrestlemania 33.

I reckon WWE will find a way around the health stuff. Same as Brock's contract allowing him to not be medically tested - give Bryan a part time contract, strictly control what he can and can't do in the ring, build to a massive Mania match again Miz, let Bryan bow out after one final run. If he's going to wrestle again - and he is, even though it's fucking stupid - I hope WWE finds a way to do it under their umbrella and make it as controlled and safe as possible.

I reckon WWE will find a way around the health stuff. Same as Brock's contract allowing him to not be medically tested - give Bryan a part time contract, strictly control what he can and can't do in the ring, build to a massive Mania match again Miz, let Bryan bow out after one final run. If he's going to wrestle again - and he is, even though it's fucking stupid - I hope WWE finds a way to do it under their umbrella and make it as controlled and safe as possible.

WWE would literally be insane to let him wrestler in their ring...

If something happened to him they'd be fucked

Sephzilla

I guess the question if you're WWE is; if Bryan is 100% determined to wrestle again after his current contract is up, do you let him go free and go to any other promotion or do you try to resign him and get him to wrestle in a more controlled environment? Because even if Bryan leaves and wrestles for NJPW or something and gets hurt there, it's still going to look bad for WWE

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess the question if you're WWE is; if Bryan is 100% determined to wrestle again after his current contract is up, do you let him go free and go to any other promotion or do you try to resign him and get him to wrestle in a more controlled environment? Because even if Bryan leaves and wrestles for NJPW or something and gets hurt there, it's still going to look bad for WWE

kurt-angle-wheelchair.jpg

Does it?

If he bolts you disavow him. Claim you did everything to keep him in and safe and out of the ring.

Putting him in your ring is way more risk.

Heroman

Banned
Reason why DB isn't Wrestling has little to due with his real being, it that they are in a concussion lawsuit right and have DB Wrestling would look real bad.

Sephzilla

Reason why DB isn't Wrestling has little to due with his real being, it that they are in a concussion lawsuit right and have DB Wrestling would look real bad.

Quite true.

And, to be perfectly honest, I think at some small level Vince is also holding him back to prevent Bryan's fans from hijacking another one of his awful WrestleMania ideas

Top Bottom