• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

This literally happen last year
SS-21.gif

Was this ever confirmed to be a shoot or worked shoot?

This isn't being dream, but it is something you have to come to terms with as a wrestling fan. We are watching them hurt themselves and exposing themselves to the risk of serious, long term injuries and possibly death for our amusement. I accept that stain and move on; I don't bother moralizing it to everyone else.

A firefighter risks his life everytime he runs into a burning building but we wouldn't let one run do it with say a broken arm.

jmdajr

I assume D. Bry is set for life unless he becomes financially stupid. He grows his own food and would probbaly knit his own clothes if possible. I don't think he really cares about having stuff.

His wife is also not Nikki Bella.

Heroman

Banned
Just make a new tough enough type show on WWE network and let Daniel Bryan run it and coach it. Maybe get guys that are known on the indes and other parts of the world that have never been in the WWE. Just have him shit on them and break them down to the WWE style. Show highlights from one guys matches and he is all happy and feeling himself then Bryan just goes off on him like "what is all this flippy shit your the heel in the match" etc. Maybe even put guys on there that are failing on the roster and arent getting over.
DB isn't a good coach and DB isn't the guy you want teaching someone WWE stlye.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's like no upside to bringing Bryan back in a wrestling capacity if you're WWE. If Bryan wants to do it, risks be damned, I mean, I guess its his decision, but that doesn't mean WWE has any obligation whatsoever, nor should they, let him do it under their auspices.

The problem they're going to run into is that he might force their hand. I think they were hoping he'd just fade away, but they also really don't want him wrestling somewhere else, either.

klonere

Banned
This isn't being dream, but it is something you have to come to terms with as a wrestling fan. We are watching them hurt themselves and exposing themselves to the risk of serious, long term injuries and possibly death for our amusement. I accept that stain and move on; I don't bother moralizing it to everyone else.

It's an uncomfortable fact that my preferred type of wrestling as of right now involves dudes dropping each other on their heads and hitting each other with intent to truly hurt.

The human condition and all that.

Sephzilla

It was an idiotic worked shoot.

edit: Having discussed everything. I still think ONE match with Miz would be ok. He doesn't have to do anything crazy.

Miz is basically the only guy I could see Bryan working a match with safely. Miz's offense wouldn't put Bryan in danger at all so long as Bryan doesn't start doing tons of stupid shit.

jmdajr

Miz is basically the only guy I could see Bryan working a match with safely. Miz's offense wouldn't put Bryan in danger at all so long as Bryan doesn't start doing tons of stupid shit.

No suicide dives because Miz, will not be fucking catching you.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It was an idiotic worked shoot.

edit: Having discussed everything. I still think ONE match with Miz would be ok. He doesn't have to do anything crazy.

Meltzer says that he knows that Bryan already worked out an entirely different style that he plans to work that he considers "safer."

He also mentioned that its way more iffy than when Steve Austin came back from his broken neck where most doctors told him there was no way he should set foot in a ring against and just kept getting random opinions until he found a guy that said he could go, whereas Bryan didn't have to look very hard to get cleared by a few doctors.

A firefighter risks his life everytime he runs into a burning building but we wouldn't let one run do it with say a broken arm.

That's a life or death example, which has a different threshold. A wrestler isn't directly saving a person's life by getting dropped on his head on a suplex. And if we want to take the position that we should stop wrestlers from performing if they're seriously hurt, then we need to draw lines. Is a guy having one document concussion okay? How about three? How about a history of blowing out his tendons? Or a guy who has a painkiller addiction? Or a guy who abuses steroids?

It's easier to accept that we're taking joy from people injuring themselves knowingly for our entertainment and figure out if that's something with which you're okay.

It's an uncomfortable fact that my preferred type of wrestling as of right now involves dudes dropping each other on their heads and hitting each other with intent to truly hurt.

The human condition and all that.

My favorite move right now is Miyahara kneeing the fuck out of a guy's jaw or the back of his head. I know this is probably not good for his opponent's neurological health. I accept that stain.

Foggy

I generally try not to be patronizing about safety and quality of life to people who do insanely dangerous things for a living. There's no absence of information about all the associated risks so if the guy is willing to do this in spite of his health and concern from his family, then that's what he's going to do.

Promoters who agree to book him, on the other hand...

Caderfix

If I was in Bryan's shoes and a bunch of doctors cleared me to go back to do what I love, I'd assume the risk and do it, so, since he is in the position and is willing to do exactly that, I support him and can't wait to see him back, in case it happens.

If Bryan goes to Japan I could easily see him working a technical wizard style, think Fujinami, Nishimura, Mutoh, etc - he doesn't have to be trading shoot headbutts with Shibata to get over.

Angry Grimace

Bryan's interest in going to Japan seems like a thing I'd be more interested in hearing his opinion on when his contract expires and he has a 8 month old baby.

I mean, obviously it depends how much Bryan wants to work.

Tagyhag

I think Bryan will be fine the first match. The 2nd and 3rd is where you have to worry.

Yep, I bet his first match he'll wrestle with the safer style that he said he's been working on. Then get really cocky because he didn't injury himself and start to be more and more reckless again.

Really enjoying this Honor Rising day 2 main event, even tho it just feels like a House Show.

Finally ready to watch me some Shibata vs Sabre JR and get hyped for the Cup.

Caderfix

I get the feeling that I'm the only one around here who is "randomly" tested for PEDs.

After your performance in GWF I, it's probably because the higher ups are going to ask you to start using it in case it is confirmed you are not already.

Zach

I was trained by the great Shane Douglas on how to deliver the least punishing and most kick-out-able belly-to-belly suplex possible.

Top Bottom