• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

WM 19 main event probably would've been rock austin 3 if things were like they are now. Then again probably not even that.

Then again it would've been Benny warts v Barak Lessy

My hot takes on Daniel Bryan wrestling again.

Bryan probably shouldn't wrestle again.

But if WWE wasn't being sued right now he would probably still be wrestling for them.

If the main event roster had to go through the same tests as Bryan was for brain damage then the roster would be paper thin for people being out.

This is a company bring Kurt Angle back and might be bringing back the Hardys. If they can mentally justify it they wont give a fuck.

creatchee

My hot takes on Daniel Bryan wrestling again.

Bryan probably shouldn't wrestle again.

But if WWE wasn't being sued right now he would probably still be wrestling for them.

If the main event roster had to go through the same tests as Bryan was for brain damage then the roster would be paper thin for people being out.

This is a company bring Kurt Angle back and might be bringing back the Hardys. If they can mentally justify it they wont give a fuck.

I dunno.... While the injury itself is a problem, just think of how Bryan's injuries affected the company.

2014 - had to vacate the highest belt in the company due to injury
2015 - had to vacate the second highest belt in the company due to injury

While that may not sound like a big deal, they had months and months of storylines planned that had to get thrown out because of Bryan's injuries. And then there's the fan dynamic into the situation - fans revolt when he's not a champion, when he is a champion, he has to forfeit the belt shortly after winning it. Isn't it easier to say "you know kid, it was a good run, but it's done now" than to repeatedly put somebody out there who is, at that point, an established injury risk who will throw your plans into turmoil the second he's on the shelf again?

In a business sense, keeping him around in a non wrestling capacity is far better than ever putting him back in a WWE ring.

Bryan vs Tanahashi is gonna be lit

I also think that even if Bryan isn't in the company, we'll here the fans saying his name a lot anyways.

Heroman

Banned
I dunno.... While the injury itself is a problem, just think of how Bryan's injuries affected the company.

2014 - had to vacate the highest belt in the company due to injury
2015 - had to vacate the second highest belt in the company due to injury

While that may not sound like a big deal, they had months and months of storylines planned that had to get thrown out because of Bryan's injuries. And then there's the fan dynamic into the situation - fans revolt when he's not a champion, when he is a champion, he has to forfeit the belt shortly after winning it. Isn't it easier to say "you know kid, it was a good run, but it's done now" than to repeatedly put somebody out there who is, at that point, an established injury risk who will throw your plans into turmoil the second he's on the shelf again?

In a business sense, keeping him around in a non wrestling capacity is far better than ever putting him back in a WWE ring.
WWE doesn't have month and month of planning so impossible for him to mess them up. At a certain point he probably the biggest star theade in the pass 10 years so it doesn't make much business sense to keep him out of the ring.

Ultimately he's the only person who can stop himself. If reflecting on his dad couldn't, seeing his kid born won't in my opinion. Would love to be surprised.

The worst thing anyone could do right now is show him The Wrestler, because there's no chance he'd have the right conclusion/opinion on the ending.

Ultimately he's the only person who can stop himself. If reflecting on his dad couldn't, seeing his kid born won't in my opinion. Would love to be surprised.

The worst thing anyone could do right now is show him The Wrestler, because there's no chance he'd have the right conclusion/opinion on the ending.

That's interesting.

I want to see him in Japan. That would be cool. Hes got 2 good years left in him just has to be a little safer.

I hope Goldberg lays out Brock one last time, then leaves the belt in the middle of the ring, and walks out. HOF next year. Tourney for the Universal title.

That's interesting.

I want to see him in Japan. That would be cool. Hes got 2 good years left in him just has to be a little safer.

Why?

What do you base this on?

Also you don't go to Japan to wrestle safer.

Like I just can't fathom why anyone would want him to risk being the next Misawa.

It's going to be funny when Bryan leads NJPW's expansion into the US with the Bucks and Kenny Omega.

And then he wrestles in camps, supermarkets, and trains with DDT.

Hey Daniel

headbutts.gif

Shibata+headbutts+Nakajima.gif

Literally after two straight Manias Bryan suffered injuries that took him out for almost a year each (with the second being how long it took him to retire)

Dude is done and needs to accept it.

Heroman

Banned
Literally after two straight Manias Bryan suffered injuries that took him out for almost a year each (with the second being how long it took him to retire)

Dude is done and needs to accept it.

Dude had one injury that took him out of Wm for about a year and the other was WWE telling him he can't wreslte anymore. That the big difference.

This ain't ballet. They're all on the verge of death.

What kind of macho crap is this?

Bryan’s doctors have been able to document 10 of his concussions, but he’s probably had more than that since it’s hard to document them all or even define what a concussion is.

His recent EEG brain scan revealed some [brain function] slowing and “a small subacute or chronic lesion” on the area of the brain responsible for causing seizures. In fact, he’s been suffering from post-concussion seizures that he’s been keeping quiet about for a long time. He’s glad this latest test revealed why he’s been suffering the seizures and doctors are confident he should be okay in the long time.

http://www.24wrestling.com/daniel-bryan-reveals-seizures-brain-lesion-10-concussions/

Sephzilla

Dude had one injury that took him out of Wm for about a year and the other was WWE telling him he can't wreslte anymore. That the big difference.

I'm pretty sure the second time was him being injured too. Didn't he have a seizure on TV against Shaemus as a result?

Sephzilla

He got a concussion the 2nd time which is like 2 to 3 weeks out. It wasn't a major injury.

I would say that being his, at minimum, 11th concussion bumps it up to being a major injury. NFL players these days are told to consider retirement for half that amount

somedevil

I'm pretty sure the second time was him being injured too. Didn't he have a seizure on TV against Shaemus as a result?

All the seizures were in the past. He just got a concussion in the match and thats what took him out.

Also, with Bryan his problem is brain related and not like he going to die in the ring. The big problem is what it will do to him in the future.

You look at football players and bmx riders it can cause long term damage. It will effect your mental health and can lead to dementia, anger issues and a lot worse.

Heroman

Banned
Here the thing for Db. He out because WWE told him.to retire. It was his choice he would still be Wrestling and that where the problem lie. It was a edge situation then I doubt he would still be wanting to wrestle.

My question to you is why do you want to see a man out his life at risk? Especially since he has a family now.

I just want him to be happy, and I think WWE is being overly cautious with him. I look at him, and I know hes dying inside you can tell hes chomping at the bit. He needs to let it out, and leave on his own terms (if its safe to do so)

I just want him to be happy, and I think WWE is being overly cautious with him. I look at him, and I know hes dying inside you can tell hes chomping at the bit. He needs to let it out, and leave on his own terms (if its safe to do so)

But he'll never be happy. He'll just keep going till he's disabled or dead.

Sephzilla

WWE honestly has every right to tell Bryan to retire and keep him from wrestling again. Bryan's had probably at least a dozen concussions if not more in his career, the company is currently in a concussion lawsuit, and extensive brain damage can lead to a situation where Bryan could potentially become depressed or suicidal (see: Junior Sea) or worse - which opens a backdoor to Benoit comparisons which the company wants to avoid under any and all circumstances.

Ronin Ray

Just make a new tough enough type show on WWE network and let Daniel Bryan run it and coach it. Maybe get guys that are known on the indes and other parts of the world that have never been in the WWE. Just have him shit on them and break them down to the WWE style. Show highlights from one guys matches and he is all happy and feeling himself then Bryan just goes off on him like "what is all this flippy shit your the heel in the match" etc. Maybe even put guys on there that are failing on the roster and arent getting over.

Heroman

Banned
"Concussions aren't major injuries" is legitimately one of the stupidest things even you have said
What I mean is that a concussion isn't the same as when he injured his neck and shoulder. With the shoulder thing he out for months and feels but with a concussion he feels alright in a few days so thinks he can still go.

Dying emotionally vs dying physically honestly seems like an easy choice for fans to root for and I'm legit surprised wrestling fans constantly fuck it up.

Even football fans aside from Reddit are overwhelmingly in favor of players retiring young

Top Bottom