• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Sephzilla

u8ab6rk.png

My favorite part about this poster is that a #1 contenders match got higher billing than two first-time championship matches.

A+ work, Zach. I love it

Ithil

Don't a lot of wrestlers have weirdly named kids? I seem to recall HHH and Stephanie have bizarrely named kids too, and maybe Edge.

Toki767

Of all the girl names I can think of off the top of my head (Barbara, Brittany, Brooke, Beth, etc...) Birdy is just...they better hope she grows up to be a hippy.

Ithil

She and Levesque have three daughters.[104] On January 8, 2006, WWE announced McMahon and Levesque were expecting their first child, due on July 27, 2006.[105] McMahon continued to work and travel with WWE throughout her pregnancy, giving birth to Aurora Rose Levesque on July 24, 2006.[106] The couple had their second child, a daughter named Murphy Claire Levesque, on July 28, 2008,[107] and their third daughter, Vaughn Evelyn Levesque, on August 24, 2010.[108]

I don't get it.

Jet Force Gemini has the jankiest controls of all time. I played that when I got the Rare Collection, and I honestly don't know how we dealt with that back in the day.

So a friend of mine who has never seen Star Wars just watched most of them back to back with his girlfriend and he rates Empire Strikes Back as a slightly better movie than Phantom Menace.

I... I... I don't even.

Zach

So a friend of mine who has never seen Star Wars just watched most of them back to back with his girlfriend and he rates Empire Strikes Back as a slightly better movie than Phantom Menace.

I... I... I don't even.
I had never watched a Star Warz movie until the week before Episode III came out. I watched the first five essentially one after the other so I could enjoy going to III on opening night with palz. Episode I was a pretty big piece of crap and easily my least favorite SW movie.

Mahonay

Banned

I... I... I don't even.
To be fair, for people that have never seen original Star Wars before, the old movies are hard to get into. Attempted watching them with my girlfriend and she was absolutely bored to tears.

But yeah, that's still a trash opinion since Phantom Menace is an objectively poor movie.

Sephzilla

Episode 2 in my opinion is the worst prequel movie and its the movie that sinks the prequel trilogy as a whole. Episode 3 could have been alright if it wasn't too busy cleaning up the mess Episode 2 left for it. Episode 1 isn't that good but I think there's a quiet case to say it's the "best" prequel movie by way of it being the only one that has any kind of open and close story

Yeah, it got me thinking how the context in which you watch some massive movies/events affects your perspective on said things.

Not saying he's right, he's 100% wrong, but it did really shocked me that he legitimately thinks that because he doesn't have the nostalgia or baggage or whatever.

Kaladin

So this is happening near me:

Lp2uvK1.jpg

Main Event: Billy Gunn vs. Aldo Rose fka Adam Rose

Billy Gunn, wrestling legend from Florida and a WWE favorite known for his animal-like strength and cowboy persona. In fact, he got his start in the popular tag-team Smoking Gunns (“Oh, you didn’t know?!”) and went on to win three tag titles. Those who know Billy remember when the Superstar went it alone, but quickly returned to the tag division with Jesse Road Dogg James to form The New Age Outlaws. Considered the most popular duo of WWE’s Attitude Era, Billy left the fight in 2004 after 11 years. Today, he’s back in the WWE family and has 14 championships under his belt including 11 WWE Tag-Team Championships and the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

vs. Aldo Rose fka Adam Rose, who made headlines last year when it was announced that he would not only be leaving WWE for the independent scene, but that he had also changed his ring name to “Aldo” Rose. The subtle moniker modification was the first of many for a character that Rose is very glad to have total control of, and promises that Aldo will not disappoint.

Federated Heavyweight Championship Match: Jon Davis (champion) vs. Ricky Reyes (Lucha Underground TV Star)

Jon Davis is the current Federated Heavyweight Champion who got his start in 2008 with Full Impact Pro, a sister promotion of Ring of Honor. He still fights for them today in the tag-team Dark City Fight Club (DCFC) alongside wrestler Kory Chavis, and together the DCFC has gone on to fight in Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate USA. To date, they’ve won a NWA Florida Tag-Team Championship and a two-time NWA World Tag-Team Championship. Watch as he takes on Ricky Reyes, known as “Cortez Castro” in the Lucha Underground wrestling world, Ricky Reyes has also appeared in Ring of Honor, WWE, and Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla. Still, most know him from the tag-team Havana Pitbulls where he fought alongside Rocky Romero and won multiple tag-team championships!

Special Appearances by "The Extreme Wrestling Icon" Sabu, hailed as the man who invented extreme wrestling and is still remembered as “Wrestling’s Coolest Daredevil” and “The Human Highlight Reel” for his unbelievable feats! Plus Impact Wrestling Star Robbie E, previously featured at the first Wild Adventures “Stars of Wrestling,” and is back by popular demand!

Mid-Level Matches:

Sunbelt Wrestling Tag Team Championship Match
Bad Guys Inc (Champions) vs. K9 Karnage

Less Fortunate vs. Colby Corino

"Nature Boy" Paul Lee vs. "Mr. Saturday Night" Jarrod Michaels

and other great matches featuring a 15-Man Over-The-Top Rope Battle Royal!!!

Stars of Wrestling and ALL Special Events are free with park admission or a 2017 Season Pass!

Tempted fro Ricky Reyes, but the cost is price of admission in the park, and that's like $45.

Birdy Joe Danielson is going to take on Aurora Rose Helmsley, Athena Batista and Brooklyn Rose Orton for the title at Wrestlemania 60 while a 50 something year old Charlotte does a run in to help her lose the title shot against the revived Evolution.

Aldo Rose fka Adam Rose, who made headlines last year when it was announced that he would not only be leaving WWE for the independent scene, but that he had also changed his ring name to “Aldo” Rose
Yeah...that's what he made headlines for last year.

Top Bottom