• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Birdy Joe Danielson is going to take on Aurora Rose Helmsley, Athena Batista and Brooklyn Rose Orton for the title at Wrestlemania 60 while a 50 something year old Charlotte does a run in to help her lose the title shot against the revived Evolution.

Will Aurora Rose call herself The Sequel To The Game?

Birdy Joe Danielson is going to take on Aurora Rose Helmsley, Athena Batista and Brooklyn Rose Orton for the title at Wrestlemania 60 while a 50 something year old Charlotte does a run in to help her lose the title shot against the revived Evolution.

I can't wait for CM Punk's kid to come in after the family that wronged her/his father.

Heroman

Banned
So this is happening near me:

Lp2uvK1.jpg

Tempted fro Ricky Reyes, but the cost is price of admission in the park, and that's like $45.
Dream match.

Zach

2017: WWE makes contact (with Bayley)
2018: Bayley climbs to the mountaintop
2019: Bayley is solidified as the face of the women's division
2020: Bayley defeats a Monster of the Week, a la Hogan in the '80s
2021: Bayley is over 30, a little mom-ish
2022: Bayley's biggest fans are becoming adults
2023: The Bayley Demographic, now fully grown and six years into Trump's presidency, becomes cold and cynical
2024: WWE continues to milk the increasingly waning Bayleymania
2025: Bayley turns on the WWE Universe and Hollywood Bayley emerges; Stephanie McMahon is elected President of the United States
2026: After a year of watching Hollywood Bayley's reign of terror from the rafters, Aurora Rose defeats the now disgustingly elderly Hollywood Bayley at Starrcade

It's still (roughly) happening.

I liked the prequels when they came out because they are literally "lightsabers are cool: the movies"

Never liked 2 but 1 and 3 were fun for a kid

It's similar to Power Rangers being the coolest thing, and then you try to watch it now and it's complete garbage. The movie is just constant cutting away to shots of the cast doing gymnastics...

I liked the prequels when they came out because they are literally "lightsabers are cool: the movies"

It's similar to Power Rangers being the coolest thing, and then you try to watch it now and it's complete garbage. The movie is just constant cutting away to shots of the cast doing gymnastics...
Power Rangers are great all the way to In Space and even Lost Galaxy.

I still think used to think the rollerblading scene with Free Ride playing in the background was the best thing I've ever seen.

Power Rangers are great all the way to In Space and even Lost Galaxy.
Haven't gone back and watched the series so maybe it's miraculously held up

But man.......I couldn't make it through the movie. I used to watch it endlessly as a kid and was stoked to see it on Netflix. As someone who enjoys dumb shit......nope

Caderfix

I've rewatched power Rangers all the way to Ninja Storm, and it's all enjoyable, except for Turbo... That one is too stupid, specially when the kid morphs and grows up. Fuck that.

Haven't gone back and watched the series so maybe it's miraculously held up

But man.......I couldn't make it through the movie. I used to watch it endlessly as a kid and was stoked to see it on Netflix. As someone who enjoys dumb shit......nope

I'm 100% biased and I do still unapologetically like the film, but In Space as far as a PR show goes really went to some dark and cool place: the Psycho Rangers are great, Andros (the Red Ranger) being the brother of Astronema (one of the main baddies) was great. I think this was the first season where multiple generation of Rangers crossed paths and there was that episode with the Ninja Turtles too.

Also, people forget the show ends with Andros straight up killing Zordon.

But anyways, back to wrasslin talk: I like flippy shit!

I'm 100% biased and I do still unapologetically like the film, but In Space as far as a PR show goes really went to some dark and cool place: the Psycho Rangers are great, Andros (the Red Ranger) being the brother of Astronema (one of the main baddies) was great. I think this was the first season where multiple generation of Rangers crossed paths and there was that episode with the Ninja Turtles too.

tumblr_n38xv7kTLN1s4u1mvo2_250.gif

Sephzilla

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is fun in a really cheesy campy way. If you can stomach the fact that it's a dumb kids show, it's easily rewatchable and it does have some decent moments of character development. Plus, Lord Zedd is still one of my favorite villain designs ever. His design and demeanor were scary enough that parents told Saban to tone him down a bit - and this is back in the 90s, back in an age where parents were a little less afraid to let their kids get exposed to some of that shit.

ReIBfr5.gif

Zeo and Turbo I thought were a bit dumb, though. I think back in the day I checked out at Turbo

Heroman

Banned

32974bc0ef76f981500b17d2ca1302c8.gif

The original Power Rangers movie has the big issue of them not being the Power Rangers for most of the movie.
That's what made the movie so amazing. Especially since I was a sucker was ninjas as a kid. Then the episode where they went back in time to see the real rangers. COWBOYS AND NINJAS!

Power Rangers is cheesy but everyone knows it and doesn't mind it for the most part which makes me so annoyed that the movie coming out seems to have abandoned nearly everything that made it awesome in the first place.

Top Bottom