• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

House shows are never canon 99% of the time. There was one time with Triple H in the buildup to his match with Undertaker, and most of the other times have been injury or employment-related. Trying to think house shows are important is a fool's errand since faces are almost always booked to win to send people home happy.

orioto

Good Art™
House shows are never canon 99% of the time. There was one time with Triple H in the buildup to his match with Undertaker, and most of the other times have been injury or employment-related. Trying to think house shows are important is a fool's errand since faces are almost always booked to win to send people home happy.

What i mean is, i get it, House Show are not important victory wise, but that doesn't mean they don't respect a minimum of hierarchy. You don't squash a guy who has to look strong in a house show.

What i mean is, i get it, House Show are not important victory wise, but that doesn't mean they don't respect a minimum of hierarchy. You don't squash a guy who has to look strong in a house show.

The house show hierarchy is as follows:

faces win
heels lose

It's been this way for literal decades.

oh shit I think I hate kideo games again.

besides gta 5, of course. what a game.

OF COURSE YOU HATE GAMES MR EIGHTOUTTATEN, GAAAAWWWD!

Seriously though we're pretty rich in quality kideos right now, maybe you just need to take a break, watch some middling WWE action to remind you how much more disappointing things can be.

ReiGun

I think Dean Ambrose gels more with RAW's culture (Catus Jack at helm, ruthless aggression), who do you guys think will go where after 'Mania?

If they do a draft/trade this year, I'd like to see something like

To Smackdown
1. Seth Rollins - It's recovering now, but homie's face turn was totally botched. Send him to Smackdown to get him away from Stephanie and HHH and build him as a top face there.

2. Sami Zayn - Priority one is getting him away from Kevin Owens. It's a shame, but I'm good on seeing them in a match together again for at least a year. Also, Sami instantly improves Smackdown's upper midcard tenfold. He could have good feuds with Ziggler, Miz, Corbin, Harper, etc.

3. Bayley or Sasha Banks - I think only one should switch, but both really need a change of scenery.

4. The New Day - You can use them to bolster the floundering tag division, or give them their deserved pushes as singles competitors in SD's less crowded landscape.

5. Alicia Fox - Real talk, I only put Alicia here because I felt like she'd be a fair trade for Carmella. Still, I'm sure the Smackdown crew could put the Crazy Alicia character to good use.

6. Rusev/Lana: They are being wasted on Raw. That's it.

To Raw:

1. AJ Styles - AJ would be fine no matter where he goes, but moving him to Raw does have some benefits. One, you put The Club back together, which gives Gallows and Anderson some direction. Two, the matches he could have with the current main event scene on Raw....whew.

2. Dean Ambrose - Like AJ, Dean will be taken care of no matter where he goes. Without Seth, Raw main event scene would become kinda heel heavy, so swapping him for Dean makes sense.

3. Becky Lynch - Raw needs more women faces, and Becky is another person who would be fine making the switch. Plus, she could have some great matches with Charlotte.

4. The Usos - The Usos' heel turn was great, but SD's tag division is trash. Raw's isn't great either, but at least it's featured on TV regularly.

5. Carmella - Poor Mella. The girl just cannot get a reaction. Put her back with Enzo and Cass.

6. Rhyno - Again, just thought he'd be a fair trade for Rusev. He can easily do all the nothing segments they have Ru-Ru doing at present. Plus, if he's on Raw, maybe Heath can escape the tag division and get at least a modest singles push.

Brinbe

Re-watched Ishii/Omega again and goddamn, what a match. Two of my faves putting on aq classic. Not to mention, SANADA/Ishii should be great and super excited at the possibility for another Shibata/Ishii encounter.

So much good fucking wrestling. Hope NJPW's US plans go well, they have an incredible product right now.

I wouldn't have even known that Owens was recently buried six feet under had the house show not been brought up, now he's ruined for me forever.

AJ is a definite to Raw trade if a draft happens this year. In return they really need to give Smackdown someone along a Seth or Roman tier of a main eventer.

I would like Smackdown to get someone out of Bayley/Charlotte/Sasha since while I like Smackdown's storylines for the women the match quality hasn't really been the best and one of them could easily raise that with either of them being tossed into a Becky feud.

Syder

Owens was not booked strong as champ, why is getting squashed by a guy that squashes everyone [except one guy], on a house show, a big deal now?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
neogaf on blast
bNvl6fu.png

Anth0ny

Oh, no. There's a Zelda/J. Sterling trashfire I've been missing?

Maaannn.

don't go into that thread. it made me hate kideo games again.

and remember kids, when KO gets squashed at a house show, it doesn't matter they're just house shows. but when Reigns gets positive reactions and sells a bunch of merch, house shows are the most important thing to look at.

Soooo Omega's basically done nothing since returning to NJPW... I'm guessing it's because they want to save Omega/Ikada II for later (possibly even WK 12) but still kind weird to see him not fo much before this match and then lose this 1st round match against a great talent but who hasn't done much recently other than play the straightman muscle to Yano.

NJ Cup is completely up in the air for me now... Possibly Shibata to set up a Shibata vs Okada match?

Cause I thought it was gonna be Omega vs Elgin and they're both out in round 1 lol...

That left bracket sucks :( except for EVIL and I guess Nagata but dude is old lol.

That said you know last night's show was great when the Kenny Omega match was imo the third best match on the card. Nothing can touch Suzuki/Shibata and to me nothing in Ishii/Omega came close to Sanada's moonsault into the fucking Skull End.

Heroman

Banned
Soooo Omega's basically done nothing since returning to NJPW... I'm guessing it's because they want to save Omega/Ikada II for later (possibly even WK 12) but still kind weird to see him not fo much before this match and then lose this 1st round match against a great talent but who hasn't done much recently other than play the straightman muscle to Yano.

NJ Cup is completely up in the air for me now... Possibly Shibata to set up a Shibata vs Okada match?

Cause I thought it was gonna be Omega vs Elgin and they're both out in round 1 lol...

That left bracket sucks :( except for EVIL and I guess Nagata but dude is old lol.

That said you know last night's show was great when the Kenny Omega match was imo the third best match on the card. Nothing can touch Suzuki/Shibata and to me nothing in Ishii/Omega came close to Sanada's moonsault into the fucking Skull End.
It probably going to be Ishii or evil, I doubt they are going to do Shibata vs Okada now. And they probably going to do Okada vs Omega 2 at Dominion.

Also Nagata is awesome.

Foggy

NJ Cup loves their upsets so I'm not shocked Omega and Tana and Elgin lost. As for Omega, I'm guessing they're either building the rematch slowly or NJPW is booking Omega in the dirt if he's only on a year contract. Too early to say in either case.

I've heard of plenty movie reviewers that receive death threats because they dare ruin a rotten tomatoes score.

It ain't just kideo games, friends. The internet is a filthy place for filthy people.Case in point!

Except us wrestling fans, we're pure fellows who respect the undisputed stars of the meltz.
Plus by being fans of the wrassles we already know of our filthy status.

It probably going to be Ishii or evil, I doubt they are going to do Shibata vs Okada now. And they probably going to do Okada vs Omega 2 at Dominion.

Also Nagata is awesome.

Nagata is great but he's still like almost 50. No real complaint of him on that left bracket though cause that bracket sucks.

I'd like to see Sanada get the shot at Okada if it's not going to be Shibata...

But we both are ignoring one thing... Juice Robinson. He's already said if he wins he's coming for Naito and they've dine a lot of small setups for that match. With Omega gone it's far more open for Juice to win it

Danshoku Dino but yes that's what it means. His gimmick is a hyper gay comedy stereotype but he's been in DDT so long that he is one of the most beloved wrestlers there.

Can't find one of the Cock Bottom, but have a Danshoku Driver and the Dino Pedigree.

Edit:
Eh, this one's not so bad.
ARtIDta.gif

And this one's not that bad.
WMGBVkf.gif

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME.
tumblr_msta8nfKfD1ryji3io1_400.jpg

NJ Cup loves their upsets so I'm not shocked Omega and Tana and Elgin lost. As for Omega, I'm guessing they're either building the rematch slowly or NJPW is booking Omega in the dirt if he's only on a year contract. Too early to say in either case.

Yeah that's my concern... the booking in the dirt thing. They're probably a bit gun shy given how AJ left and Balor before him.

But it is too early to say you're right.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of hope NJPW refuses to recognize Sanada's star power so he can go back to BJW and work as a freelancer

Sanada vs Miyahara

Top Bottom