• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Except us wrestling fans, we're pure fellows who respect the undisputed stars of the meltz.
Plus by being fans of the wrassles we already know of our filthy status.
Hell yeah. #EmbraceFilth

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME.
tumblr_msta8nfKfD1ryji3io1_400.jpg
raw

Foggy

Yeah that's my concern... the booking in the dirt thing. They're probably a bit gun shy given how AJ left and Balor before him.

But it is too early to say you're right.

The booking of his matches against Okada and Ishii leads you to believe he ain't shit without the one winged angel. Now if he keeps faltering then busts out a new finisher and goes on a tear, that's something I can get behind.

I really love the 1-2-3 Punch of my current wrestling viewing: WWE-NJPW-ECCW

WWE gives me the soap opera drama.

NJPW the raw athleticism and work rate.

ECCW is my local indy fed so they give me the fun bi-weekly to monthly cheap live in person wrestling (and they sometimes bring in some big indie stars too like Kyle O'Reilly and lesser global indie guys like Darby Allin). Also sometimes you get glimpses of the future (Becky and Emma both wrestled for ECCW like a decade ago)

All in all those 3 plus the LAW various podcasts and radio shows pretty much fill me up nicely.

Zach

This hostile reaction to Jimmy Sterling is not unlike the poor treatment I've received for my glowing assessment of WrestleMania 2000.

The booking of his matches against Okada and Ishii leads you to believe he ain't shit without the one winged angel. Now if he keeps faltering then busts out a new finisher and goes on a tear, that's something I can get behind.

They also don't need to go right back to Omega with Suzuki still hanging around and with Ishii hot. They can easily heat Omega back up in time for the US tour.

Of course, we said the same thing about Naito before they decided to use him to hold up the IC title so they could use him to headline those split shows. And you can guess that was the right business call.

Silent_Z

Do folks freaking out over Owens/Lesnar do any reading beyond first reports? Owens hit a cannonball and a swanton on the guy. Plenty of offense for a Brock match. MLW's initial report was complete prefab garbage.

I really love the 1-2-3 Punch of my current wrestling viewing: WWE-NJPW-ECCW

WWE gives me the soap opera drama.

NJPW the raw athleticism and work rate.

ECCW is my local indy fed so they give me the fun bi-weekly to monthly cheap live in person wrestling (and they sometimes bring in some big indie stars too like Kyle O'Reilly and lesser global indie guys like Darby Allin). Also sometimes you get glimpses of the future (Becky and Emma both wrestled for ECCW like a decade ago)

All in all those 3 plus the LAW various podcasts and radio shows pretty much fill me up nicely.

Does your local indy fed also have bad indy-style posters???

See Data? We were right

Everybody loved the steroid taking homophobic asshole until he squashed their fav indy wrestlers. Somehow it always comes back to favs and indiers

gun_haver

Owens absolutely should have gotten some offense in on Goldberg. Even what he got against Lesnar today at MSG would have been enough to make it clear he was a serious contender.

For like a week there after the turn on Jericho, Owens actually seemed threatening and he was getting strong boos. His demeanour had changed. Not just an asshole, but a confident one, too, who really didn't give a shit about Jericho.

They really, really should have let Owens get a few hits in. It doesn't diminish the Lesnar/Goldberg match, because it just says that Lesnar got taken by surprise, Owens was expecting it, and Owens managed to hold Goldberg off for longer than Lesnar due to that - making the exact dynamic of who is better up for debate. The nothing distraction of Jericho at the ramp just made Owens look stupid/scared of Jericho.

It's all the little things they do wrong like this that stop them from really getting anywhere with these new guys.

Zach

This is the most boring spectacle I've ever seen.

Haha, Khali slapping Swog was pretty good. Even though it probably gave him brain damage.

orioto

Good Art™
Do folks freaking out over Owens/Lesnar do any reading beyond first reports? Owens hit a cannonball and a swanton on the guy. Plenty of offense for a Brock match. MLW's initial report was complete prefab garbage.

Really ? I didn't see any post i saw a news somewhere. That makes me happy that he could actually put Lesnar on the ground.

It's a shame it was that quick.

shanafan

Going to Raw tomorrow night! Sitting 6 rows up from the floor, facing the hard cam. I'll be wearing my Booty-O's shirt!

I wore my Roman Reigns shirt to the last Raw I went to, so don't want to over do it.

Fox318

Shawn Michaels is doing the Crippler Crossface in November 2007???

Whaaat???
Lapsed fan covered this.

Apparently there was a mindset backstage that the move was too important and that it shouldn't be retired and associated with Benoit.

Really ? I didn't see any post i saw a news somewhere. That makes me happy that he could actually put Lesnar on the ground.

It's a shame it was that quick.
While Lesnar was taking off his shirt as the bell rang, KO got some good offense in, and then he did the job. Being there, it was fun, and KO didn't look weak at all.

I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Top Bottom