• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Heroman

Banned
starrcade-83.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
gamers/streamers are even worse than prowrestlers at being innately awful. i think back to my childhood and think about older figures in my life talking about gaming being something to grow out of, that it stunts your growth, that it encourages bad or violent behavior or ignorance. i thought, 'you know you're just misunderstanding this thing in your life and its not what you think it is because you dont know what it is'

but then i look at pewdiepie, jontron, colin moriarty, twitch chat, major twitch streamers, palmer luckey, and so on and i think 'maybe they were right. maybe this shit does raise a bunch of dense manchildren.'

Bronx-Man

Banned
What's up with the internet nerd dweebs just waking up one day and going "Yeah, I'm evil now." Notch, Jontron, etc.

These kids don't even know how to work. You gotta build up to the heel turn, dummies.

Caderfix

What's up with the internet nerd dweebs just waking up one day and going "Yeah, I'm evil now." Notch, Jontron, etc.

These kids don't even know how to work. You gotta build up to the heel turn, dummies.

According to ex-fans, Jon's turn was actually a very long build. It started on the GameGrumps days. Masterful heel work.

"I don't even know what you are saying! I just disagree with you then." _ JonTron 2017

Seriously, I'm shocked with his arguments.

Sephzilla

gamers/streamers are even worse than prowrestlers at being innately awful. i think back to my childhood and think about older figures in my life talking about gaming being something to grow out of, that it stunts your growth, that it encourages bad or violent behavior or ignorance. i thought, 'you know you're just misunderstanding this thing in your life and its not what you think it is because you dont know what it is'

but then i look at pewdiepie, jontron, colin moriarty, twitch chat, major twitch streamers, palmer luckey, and so on and i think 'maybe they were right. maybe this shit does raise a bunch of dense manchildren.'

I get where you're coming from but I think it's a bit of a stretch. Most of these people are just innate shitheads in general and gaming had very little to do with it.

Or maybe gaming draws dense manchildren towards it for some reason. Who knows really? Chicken and egg situation

imBask

Banned
Movie enthusiasts have dickheads
Comic books enthusiasts have dickheads
Vapers have dickheads
Bread enthusiasts have dickheads

it has nothing to do with gaming or wrestling
people are shitty

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I get where you're coming from but I think it's a bit of a stretch. Most of these people are just innate shitheads in general and gaming had very little to do with it.

Gaming is the only entertainment medium that allows these kind of blatantly hateful morons to become famous and successful. You don't see a popular movie reviewer that goes 'i hate this movie almost as much as i hate islam'

like it happens all the time. i remember one of the wow streamers i used ot like that seemed like a normal guy was found out to be a serial psycho that hit on underage girls and constantly advanced on them at malls while taking photos of them after sex without their permission.

Sephzilla

There's a lot of cunts in gaming in general though. Just look at GamerGate. This hobby just seems to attract the worst people.

It only seems that way because it's the area of internet culture we tend to focus on the most, thus we see more shit like this on a frequent basis. Similar to how we always find out so and so in the wrestling business is an asshole.

Given the current political climate in the US, all of these fuckwads are just being more open about it because they think it's safe now.

Gaming is the only entertainment medium that allows these kind of blatantly hateful morons to become famous and successful. You don't see a popular movie reviewer that goes 'i hate this movie almost as much as i hate islam'

like it happens all the time. i remember one of the wow streamers i used ot like that seemed like a normal guy was found out to be a serial psycho that hit on underage girls and constantly advanced on them at malls while taking photos of them after sex without their permission.

Hollywood in general is still racist and sexist as fuck though

Kaladin

Shitheads and dense manchildren and trolls and whatever are going to be in any sub culture you get to be a part of. It's a fact of life I've come to accept. It's honestly more about the person than whatever they're doing at the time.

imBask

Banned

but that has nothing to do with gaming, again

he's just a psycho

Zach

There are bad people everywhere. I don't know why. I ask God all the time. I say "God, why is it like this? Why can't people be good to each other?" And He says "child, you must go to Dato." And I say "yes, my Lord."

You know you'd have to bleed the easy way with a blood packet attached to a ringpost like Lesnar had at Mania.

Brother, I'll get color at my desk right now. I'll gush all over this office, dude.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hollywood in general is still racist as fuck though

Compared to gaming, they're subtle about it for the most part. They know you shouldn't say 'I hate minorities' unless you're like only appearing in Christian films. It's considered taboo. Hollywood types typically act like they're helping but it's in the most patronizing way

You can be a popular youtuber and gain views if you say 'i'm gonna rape that bitch'
but that has nothing to do with gaming, again

he's just a psycho

a psycho that has found a massive audience because of the allowed terrible nature of gaming. probably also a psycho because gaming never challenged his beliefs growing up.

it also didnt start until he got big from gaming so gaming does have to do with it

Sephzilla

Compared to gaming, they're subtle about it for the most part. They know you shouldn't say 'I hate minorities' unless you're like only appearing in Christian films. It's considered taboo. Hollywood types typically act like they're helping but it's in the most patronizing way

You can be a popular youtuber and gain views if you say 'i'm gonna rape that bitch'

I'd like to remind you that Hollywood just had a prominent female actor hand an Oscar award to a man who sexually assaulted women. Also, Mel Gibson was nominated for an Oscar

Hollywood is just as shitty, they just don't have YouTube streams to make it more obvious

Kaladin

So is Finn Balor back tonight to build to a Mania match, or do they hold him to Raw After Mania to challenge for the title he never lost?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd like to remind you that Hollywood just had a prominent female actor hand an Oscar award to a man who sexually assaulted women.

a man who never confessed to it. if a twitch streamer did that at some twitch awards and then grabbed a tit, half the audience woudl cheer and go PogChamp

On the plus side, you're all awesome, I truly mean that. It's a fun community and people from all walks of life are accepted here. It's nice to see.

Zach

I'm guessing video gaming attracts more introverted, lonely dudes, relatively speaking, than other popular edutainments. So more terrible weirdos pop up. But I'm not sure video games are making them that way. I dunno.

My hand is touching your hand, Data West.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You're going to pull something stretching this much

If you want to plug your ears and say 'everything else is just as bad' then you'll be deaf to the world and to recognizing bullshit in a growing community thats being known for its awful behavior and cesspool mentality more than anything else.

Sephzilla

If you want to plug your ears and say 'everything else is just as bad' then you'll be deaf to the world and to recognizing bullshit in a growing community thats being known for its awful behavior and cesspool mentality more than anything else.

There are people openly saying they're going to boycott Beauty and the Beast and an Alabama theater chain is refusing to show the movie because there is a gay character in it (and yet have no problem with a woman developing Stockholm Syndrome for a goddamn buffalo). Horrible people being openly horrible is not even remotely a gaming thing. You just think it is because you come to a gaming forum constantly and thus are exposed to more of gamings black marks than you are about other areas. The only person plugging their ears here is you because you're apparently deaf to the fact that every single sub-culture of entertainment has its large continent of shithead people.

Kaladin

There are people openly saying they're going to boycott Beauty and the Beast and an Alabama theater chain is refusing to show the movie because there is a gay character in it (and yet have no problem with a woman developing Stockholm Syndrome for a goddamn buffalo). Horrible people being openly horrible is not even remotely a gaming thing.

That whole thing is disappointing. It's 2017, I thought we'd be over whether being Gay or Trans or whatever your identity happens to be at the moment mattering by now.

Caderfix

I believe that racists, homophobics, sexists and such are everywhere, but the reason why gamers and youtubers seem more inclined to be like that is because they are not smart enough to disguise that like Hollywood, politicians, etc. A bunch of them are dumb people with opinions that resonate with more dumb people (their audience) making so that it becomes something open for everyone to see.

The way they go about it is different, but they're shitty people regardless.

Woke up to that 26 page JonTron thread, gaming confirmed a mistake, wrestling stays winning

Yup. The wrestling industry's truly a safe-heaven from racists.

I believe that racists, homophobics, sexists and such are everywhere, but the reason why gamers and youtubers seem more inclined to be like that is because they are not smart enough to disguise that like Hollywood, politicians, etc. A bunch of them are dumb people with opinions that resonate with more dumb people (their audience) making so that it becomes something open for everyone to see.

I don't think gamers or Youtubers are more inclined to be racist than any other group of people on the internet. Also I don't think it's down to intelligence (all racists are fucking morons) but down to the lack of consequence, the anonymity and the fact that it's easy to reach out to a large audience that reinforces their views because of those things and the lack of barriers like distance.

Sephzilla

Even though wrestling itself is far from a safe haven from shitty racists and fuckwads, you guys and gals specifically are very good people

Menome

Until Hulk Hogan comes out to the ring in 2 weeks to dance with the black lads

That's a point. I won't be watching 7-8 hours of Wrestlemania if he makes an appearance. Even if the Owens/Jericho match is following, I'll switch off and catch up the next day when I can skip past any sign of him.

Sephzilla

Six years ago today.

sting-v-loaded-jeff-hardy-o.gif

So disappointing. Sting was a free agent not long before this and we could have had Sting vs Undertaker back when both of them could still put on a solid match. Instead Sting stayed with TNA and wrestled a stoned out of his mind Jeff Hardy. The look on Sting's match after this screamed "I should have signed with Vince"

Top Bottom