• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Zach

Six years ago today.

sting-v-loaded-jeff-hardy-o.gif

1.) It's good to know that Jeffrey Hard got clean.

2.) Sting is the greatest shooter of our time.

Sephzilla

Still upset we never got Taker/Sting

1.) It's good to know that Jeffrey Hard got clean.

2.) Sting is the greatest shooter of our time.

Yeah, Jeff has been pretty clean since this happened right?

Since it's a new week and a new page I'll put up the commercial for GWF2 again in case anyone missed it.

A7EtD92.png

GWF 2: Sweet
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017
Time: 8:00PM Eastern/7:00PM Central (1:00 AM GMT)
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

u8ab6rk.png

After crowning our first ever GWF World Champion at GWF1, the rest of the GWF world begins to take shape as GWF2 presents not one but two elimination style contests in order to crown our first ever GWF Tag Team and GWF B+ Champions!

Note 1: All Tag Team matches are done in Elimination Tornado Tag Team format
Note 2: Kornflayx vs Syder rematch is already booked for GWF3, regardless of whether or not Syder wins the B+ Championship.
Note 3: If you aren't on this card, don't worry. It doesn't mean I've forgotten you.

Match Card:

GWF Tag Team Championship Tournament Round 1 Match
RBH & DMczaf (Team WCW) vs Bronx-Man & Ithil (The Just Friends)

The Savior of the WCW and the GWF's Certified Shooter unite for a shot at the GWF Tag Team Championship. Can they stop the Just Friends duo of Bronx-Man and Ithil, who are riding momentum from their dominating win over the New Japan Express at GWF 1? Will GeorgiaDome.gif shine proudly?

GWF B+ Championship Round 1 TLC Match
Caderfix vs The Strokes vs Kaladin vs korly vs Syder vs Anth0ny

Multiple strong up and comers of GWF fight to advance to the GWF B+ Championship match. Syder and Korly have momentum coming in from GWF1 and the other entrants are hungry to for gold after coming up short in the GWF Championship Rumble.

GWF Tag Team Championship Round 1 Match
Browny & Menome (The Brenemies) vs Biggest-Geek-Ever & Zach (The Huggers of Destruction)

Two men who may or may not have an inner distane for each other taking on a team that is fueled by #HugLyfe. Who will move on to the GWF Tag Team Championship match? The crowd is wondering if we'll see Biggest-Geek-Ever pull out another jaw dropping Phenom Splash

GWF Championship #1 Contender Match - Winner faces Beefy at GWF3
FallingEdge vs Tall4Life

After his shocking debut in the GWF Championship Royal Rumble, FallingEdge put on a dominant display eliminating multiple superstars and making a name for himself in the World Title division. This performance has put him on the path towards the GWF Championship. Standing in his way is Tall4Life, the man who once again crushed the dreams of Atlanta Falcon's fans at GWF1 and is hoping he can Superbowl Punch his way to Beefy at GWF3.

GWF B+ Championship Round 1 TLC Match
imbask vs sf2fanatic vs BronsonLee vs Serpentine vs BewareTheBatsie vs OwensIsNow

Who will move on to fight for the GWF B+ Championship? Will it be BronsonLee, the man that growth spurts forgot? Will we be chanting URAH URAH OWENSISNOW? Or will everyone just give up to BewareTheBatsie?

GWF Tag Team Championship Match
Winner of Team WCW/Just Friends vs Winner of Brenemies/Huggers of Destruction

GWF B+ Championship Match
Ladder Match 1 Winner vs Ladder Match 2 Winner

Menome

God, I love NJPW's camera work.

Slightly more inventive camera-work is one of the few things I'm missing from the Attitude Era. Sure, it was still under the same controlling hand, but the framing of shots, dramatic zooms and the like just feel less clinical.

Just look at the Austin laugh/frown gif with that slight pause before zooming in on his face. That pause makes the image.

(I can't get to Imgur at work. ZACH: THE GIF!)

Zach

Reports indicate that UrbanDandy will be heavily involved in the GWF B+ division soon. He's known to be a solid hand who can get the right guys over. Whether or not that translates to getting himself over is yet to be seen.

More on this as it develops.

Zach

Slightly more inventive camera-work is one of the few things I'm missing from the Attitude Era. Sure, it was still under the same controlling hand, but the framing of shots, dramatic zooms and the like just feel less clinical.

Just look at the Austin laugh/frown gif with that slight pause before zooming in on his face. That pause makes the image.

Johnny+B.+Badd+bucket+punches+Arn+Anderson.gif

Caderfix

I remember watching Sting vs Jeff live and thinking it was just a weird booking decision. Back then I knew even less about the background stuff, so when I found out what really happened, I started to respect Sting even more.

This is the point where klonere posts a load of progress gifs

Bronx-Man

Banned
I seriously believe 32 is the worst WrestleMania of all time. When your highest point of a show is Zack Ryder winning a match, you know you fucked up.

Ronin Ray

I remember watching Sting vs Jeff live and thinking it was just a weird booking decision. Back then I knew even less about the background stuff, so when I found out what really happened, I started to respect Sting even more.

I don't think i have read or come across any bad backstage or locker room stuff involving Sting

Zach

I still opine that WrassleMania '99 was worse than 2000! I don't even curr!

I don't know if last year's show was worse. I'd have to look over the card for a reminder.

Kaladin

If nothing else, Wrestlemania 33 will have some good wrestling. Jericho vs Owens, Wyatt vs Orton and Bayley vs Flair vs Banks should deliver. The Rollins vs Triple H segment will be some good brawling too.

I don't think this Mania will be memorable for it's storylines in the long run, but it will have some decent matches to go back to.

Heroman

Banned
idk man that match had some quality, like the chaos was fun to watch

WM32 wasn't fun to watch, nothing about it was

WM33 might be even worse
People spend like 40 buck on a Jeff vs sting match and got that BS. That show has only one average to good match on it.

I keep expecting Triple H vs Rollins to suck. Rollins is going to be just coming off his second injury when it happens and his ring work was lacking after the first one so I can't see it getting better with another injury.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I seriously believe 32 is the worst WrestleMania of all time. When your highest point of a show is Zack Ryder winning a match, you know you fucked up.

The highest point of the show was the Women's match being over and fun and not a total joke (the previous year's show had a women's match featuring a tag team AJ/Paige v. the Bella Twins for no reason).

By far the best thing you can say about the last couple years in WWE is that the women finally got incorporated into the show in a way that isn't solely as pandering fanservice. It's like the one promise they actually managed to keep (we promise the US title will be meaningful guys, and the IC title, and the tag titles!), which pretty much had nothing to do with how it was pushed and more with the fact that the women involved got it over themselves.

Charlotte has to be the biggest homegrown success story in WWE in the last decade or so.

Kaladin

I keep expecting Triple H vs Rollins to suck. Rollins is going to be just coming off his second injury when it happens and his ring work was lacking after the first one so I can't see it getting better with another injury.

Triple H is going to have to carry Rollins, IMO. If it's an official match, it will probably be some kind of gimmick like a last man standing that allows for spotfests and lots of rest in between. It's going to be up to Triple H to make Rollins look good.

Kornflayx

Triple H is going to have to carry Rollins, IMO. If it's an official match, it will probably be some kind of gimmick like a last man standing that allows for spotfests and lots of rest in between. It's going to be up to Triple H to make Rollins look good.

HHH carrying Rollins

in 2017

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I'm not going to be surprised if its the vehicle for Finn and Joe to show up on the show to cover for Seth's inability to actually go, a la Sting/HHH at WM31.

tfw triple h has to carry rollins and not the other way around

tumblr_ncpu7rtdaQ1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tfw your former tag partners have shit matches with hhh but you don't

34b10a7fe728a98a1b1de2fdf2199b5c.gif

klonere

Banned
The house shows have been heavily teasing Balor/HHH.

Which we all know should end in Balor replacing HHH as the top heel in the company.

BOW DOWN TO DA FOOKIN KING.

Angry Grimace

I expect that if it's not a sanctioned match or if Rollins just calls out HHH.

A lot of these matches turn into no DQ matches just to justify the BS - Sting/HHH wasn't a No DQ match until like right before it happened.

Top Bottom